Volvo 850 on Speedline Alessios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo 850 on Speedline Alessios

I have been into Volvos my entire life, so naturally when I was searching for a new project I wanted to build an 850 or s70. After months of searching on craigslist I stumbled upon my latest project. The title of the ad read something like "97 Volvo 850, Mechanics Special". Awesome, just what I was looking for. I clicked the link and began reading the vague history of the car that the seller had to offer. The pictures were literally thumbnail size but I couldn't help but notice the factory R bumper, R suede steering wheel, wheels that were only offered on the t5, and last but certainly not least the mileage. Only 84k on a 97. On a whim I hopped in my car to go check it out. Upon arrival at the hole in the wall gas station I was greeted by your typical used car salesman. After speaking with him for a while I found out that the previous owner was an old woman who drove the car without coolant. It started and ran but it was very rough. The positive part about all this was that it had typical symptoms of a blown head gasket, not too bad. To make a long story short I ended up doing the head gasket, fully rebuilt and machined head, and N/A cams (Huge thanks to my buddy Adam who played a major role in helping me bang this out in a day). I spent a couple months refurbishing the wheels as well as calculating suspension and wheels specs to get it sitting right where I wanted it. Within the next couple of weeks I am gong to be picking up stiffer springs in the rear (already ruined my fenders) as well as coil overs for the fronts. Without further a due, my 1997 Volvo 850.

I will have interior pictures shortly. It began raining just as I was finishing up the shoot. Enjoy!

Noice! Here's one of the car I snapped at a gas station at SoWo

Ian's 850 by JVC8790, on Flickr

Looking good as I said this past weekend! Your photography is better than mine. I love how you've composed those pictures.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Thanks John! Means a lot coming from a fellow photographer and volvo enthusiast.

Comment

I didnt realize that was you. I saw you three or four times at SoWo and was in awe the entire time you drove pass

Comment

14 Hours of driving with you, and I still cant get enough of it.

1997 E36 M3 (Cosmos/Modena)
          Flickr
          My Thread
          LoweredLifestyle

Comment

Whoa, was not expecting this (in a good way). Great car & pix.
            "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

Very well done Ian. Lovin it.

Comment

Means a lot coming from a fellow photographer and volvo enthusiast.

Comment

Looks really good. Maybe smaller wheels and more low in the future? Love the color though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Love this car! Nothing like something different. Fitment looks awesome and cant wait to do the trip again

Comment

Thank you all for the positive comments!

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                      I didnt realize that was you. I saw you three or four times at SoWo and was in awe the entire time you drove pass
                      You should have yelled and introduced yourself haha

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                      Looks really good. Maybe smaller wheels and more low in the future? Love the color though.
                      Right now I plan on lowering it a bit more. I'm \going for proper fitment rather than being really low.

Comment

Not a single part of this looks like a good idea.

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Whats wrong with cruise control and having your passenger steer? Hindsight 20/20, not one of the best ideas I've had haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            Not a single part of this looks like a good idea.

The funny thing is that he's not even taking a picture, just kinda hanging out and looking at his camera like he has all the time in the world lol
                            2005 Mercedes C230
                            2000 BMW 323iT
                            1998 Toyota Tacoma
                            1954 Ford F100

Comment

Haha, man I love this car! There's been a few 850's or 90's volvos on this site and they've mostly been a let down for me... when this gen 850 and espec wagons have always had a spot w me.

LOVE your car, maybe wouldn't have chosen the reverse oreo pattern'd wheels but man - sick car! sent pm
                              91 DiamondSchwartzMetallic S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Euro E30, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                              ig @rudestance / @renownusa

Comment

Working...
                              X