No announcement yet.

Project : BluePrint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I normally **** the mesh grills, but i love this thing. Cleanest Colorado out there, love the look of the rack on it. keep it up bro!

Comment

• Looks great, loved reading through all the updates!
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• So I ran to the pick-a-part today...

ended up going 1980s era vintage with this one...

Grille came off a 77-95 (+or- a few years) Chevy G20 van... Glad I can see shit in my head because I wouldn't have looked twice otherwise.

Cut cut, grind grind, sand sand...

going to pick up some silver paint tomorrow to get the thing done and mounted. Need to get more blue paint to coat the handles on the truck so I might eventually paint some or even all of the bar at that time as well.
        Last edited by blurred; 09-28-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Now that's some creative stuff right there. Looks so good too.
          Instagram : @SHMVNY_GVNG

Comment

• The wife picked up some satin black for me, so I finished the grille, everything behind the grille and then some of the engine bay...

Still need to finish a few areas so that it looks clean when standing in front of the thing, but none-the-less, happy with how it looks.

Comment

• doneskies.

Comment

• wrapped the front end up... now all I have are some minor things here and there to make it look like it belongs on there.

Comment

• this is awesome man! im excited for you! its crazy because ive actually been watching this build for awhile now. whats left?
                  Last edited by ChanceTheNapper; 10-05-2014, 10:21 PM.
                  then i smash yo corolla

Comment

• Great job, might even look good if you just have the chevy symbol in blue hung-solo on the mesh grille.
                    Either way, keep it up!

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• Looks amazing! Love the new bumper and grill!

Funny, When you painted the interior trim that first color I was like Then you fixed it Looks great now!

I keep wondering what the lips of the wheels would look like with that camo wrap like the headliner. Just tossing that out...
                      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChanceTheNapper View Post
                        this is awesome man! im excited for you! its crazy because ive actually been watching this build for awhile now. whats left?
                        umm... need to paint the handles still and just fix the rest of the outside, body wise. Also needs new paint. Then the interior... And I need to finish the wood bed floor. And audio... and a motor.. and and and and....
                        Originally posted by Tomahawk View Post
                        Great job, might even look good if you just have the chevy symbol in blue hung-solo on the mesh grille.
                        Either way, keep it up!
                        I did that and it looked good. Unfortunately, I don't have any paint at the moment. When I do, one of my bow-ties will get painted to match the truck and that will be my "other" grille when I get bored with this one. Keep swapping back and forth.
                        Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                        Looks amazing! Love the new bumper and grill!

Funny, When you painted the interior trim that first color I was like Then you fixed it Looks great now!

I keep wondering what the lips of the wheels would look like with that camo wrap like the headliner. Just tossing that out...
                        hmmm....

Comment

• Alright, so today I had some spare time and decided to tackle the headlights and taillights. They have been driving me nuts. Was just going to replace them and swap the parts until I decided to try my hand at fixing them.

These are about the best pictures I have to show how bad they were. The dark spots in the headlights and DRLs is not photo grain, that is the pitting in them.

fortunately, this has saved me several months (possibly more depending on the clear coat) on buying a new set of OEM ones that I would have to refit all the stuff inside into...

btw, if you do this, pull the damn DRLs and headlights off your truck. Masking is a pain in the ass.

Very happy with the end results.

I also ended up breaking the bowtie that was on the G20 grille (haven't found a replacement yet) as I was trying to remove it to remount the center bar. Since I broke it, I cut down the camo bowtie to fit into the "new" hole as best as I could.

Last edited by blurred; 10-15-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Dat Grille!!!!
                            Cars are over rated

Comment

• Appreciate it. love having the front end back together and "finished"

Also loving having the big stuff out of the way on at least the front half of the truck exterior wise. Need to replace the drivers door and do my tailgate modification planned, and paint eventually. But everything is at a point now that it just needs small touches to be perfect. Small touches that I am unable to do in my garage. Small touches that require a professional.. and money.

Comment

• The front end looks super clean. Also just noticed your sig pic

Comment

Working...
                                X