Project : BluePrint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project : BluePrint

Picked up this pace blue 07 Colorado Xtreme on Wednesday and drove it back home after selling my old truck, a Z71 Canyon with 10" of lift and 35s.

compared to my Canyon, pictured below:

Yeah, I decided that I wanted to get something lowered that is easier on the wallet at the gas pump and also quieter while rolling down the interstate.

So this will be my build thread on here to cover my goal with the truck. Something smooth, simple and clean while not being ordinary.

Somewhat of an end-state idea that I chopped.

Planned modifications:

2/3 drop (have in hand)
    smooth wiper cowl (found and waiting shipment)
    low profile crossmember (found and waiting shipment)
    SS mirrors
    Stock 20" Silverado (pictured above) or Tahoe wheels or some 18" Titan wheels (5 spoke or steelies) - wheels will be a light silver, almost white.
    foglights
    HIDs
    debadge
    pinstriping on nose and tailgate
    LineX (would love color matched)
    wood bed floor
    tonneau
    handles colormatched
    and some performance goodies.

Timeline:
    Wednesday 16May2012: Purchased the truck, swapped the headlights/drls for my cleared and tinted ones and the sequential LED turn signals as well as the radio on the inside.

Friday, 18May2012: Intake filter, brake pads and windshield replaced.

Last edited by blurred; 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM.

Looks good so far. Always like these, and it sounds like you know what to do to make it look good!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Ended up heading up to the Indiana/Michigan line this weekend to see some family and met up with a friend for some talks on how I should go about lowering this truck. Didn't really do any work, but I did get a cool sticker out of the deal.

Well, in return, I shot his truck for him. Here are a few of the decent shots throughout the day.

Comment

I'm normally not a fan of lifted trucks, but that Canyon is sick! Stoked to see whats to come of the Colorado too.

Comment

Alright, so getting closer to being able to slam this thing. Should have rims and tires ready to go in a few weeks but here is an update:

And it turned out to be a long post. Sorry.

The name that I have decided on for this build - BluePrint

----------------------------------------------------------
          A friend hooked me up with some interior LEDs, both footwells and dome light in white. Brilliant!

He also included some license plate lights.

Now I need to deep clean the truck since I can actually see how dirty the fucker is.

----------------------------------------------------------

Was able to score some ballasts online for cheap, got them quickly and now I have HIDs in the truck. 6000k

------------------------------------------------------------

Then, another friend hooked me up with the cluster, HVAC and light controls, white on everything but the center of the cluster, as pictured. And it's white and a somewhat lime-green. Looks much better in person.

Picked up the needles and I modified them to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Then I decided to pick up something to wrap the headliner in. It was nasty!

Wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary, and I found this.

So then I began with gluing it. Wasn't too happy with how the glue soaked into the material, so it came out a little splotchy, but still looks good.

Also did the visors and modified the drivers one to hold my garage door opener.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I also had to get another new windshield, so yeah.

I tinted the third brake light red and also flipped it.

Third still needs a wetsand and buff but it needs to cure.

And the transmission, new pan with a drain plug, new filter and new fluid: first one is of the old and new fluid.

And lastly, my son wanted to help by starting the truck, or attempting.

Lastly, today I did the oil and spark plugs...

In our community, we have a guy that does these "tubes" that replace the spring in the spring pack for the spark plugs. Helps give the plugs a better connection I guess. Not really positive in the actual science of it all, but it works, very well. Truck would shake while it ran and surge a bit, now it runs smooth and steady.

old and new

and Logan helping me out.

As of right now, that is the update that I have for this.

Saturday I hope to have the notch installed so there will be more pictures of that if anyone is interested.

Comment

Red out that reverse light O:

maybe get some CCW classics

I love that color, reminds me of mariner blue for the miata.

That color always goes well with CCW's or some sort of wheel of similar style.

Nice truck though, never thought I would ever like a newer chevy truck, you proved me wrong.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I am liking this build, real good so far. Keep it up!
              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Not a fan of these trucks, but way to get your son involved. Kid is going to get addicted to cars by the time he can drive.

Comment

not bad, a dam sight nicer than the Australian version of the Colorado.
                  That colour looks amazing to

Comment

Originally posted by laBeef View Post
                    Not a fan of these trucks, but way to get your son involved. Kid is going to get addicted to cars by the time he can drive.
                    True story.

Keep it up man

Comment

I have looked around and about the only way that I can get a set of rims that look similar to CCWs would be by having a custom set built. Was looking at HRE for that, but the funds just aren't there for something like that. These trucks have a stupid bolt pattern.

Rims and tires should be on the truck within the next couple weeks if all goes as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
                        I have looked around and about the only way that I can get a set of rims that look similar to CCWs would be by having a custom set built. Was looking at HRE for that, but the funds just aren't there for something like that. These trucks have a stupid bolt pattern.

Rims and tires should be on the truck within the next couple weeks if all goes as planned.
                        CCW can do any bolt pattern and has awesome turn-around time.

Looks like great progress!
                        025garage

Comment

This much I did not know...

Off to the internets.

Comment

that blue is a gorgeous color!

also, your friends license plate is...well awesome. haha
                            Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

Yeah, the plate gets a chuckle from about anyone that sees it.

And, I decided to actually get some decent shots of the truck, even though its no where near where I want it to be at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X