Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : BluePrint

Default Project : BluePrint

Picked up this pace blue 07 Colorado Xtreme on Wednesday and drove it back home after selling my old truck, a Z71 Canyon with 10" of lift and 35s.

compared to my Canyon, pictured below:

Yeah, I decided that I wanted to get something lowered that is easier on the wallet at the gas pump and also quieter while rolling down the interstate.

So this will be my build thread on here to cover my goal with the truck. Something smooth, simple and clean while not being ordinary.

Somewhat of an end-state idea that I chopped.

Planned modifications:

2/3 drop (have in hand)
    smooth wiper cowl (found and waiting shipment)
    low profile crossmember (found and waiting shipment)
    SS mirrors
    Stock 20" Silverado (pictured above) or Tahoe wheels or some 18" Titan wheels (5 spoke or steelies) - wheels will be a light silver, almost white.
    foglights
    HIDs
    debadge
    pinstriping on nose and tailgate
    LineX (would love color matched)
    wood bed floor
    tonneau
    handles colormatched
    and some performance goodies.

Timeline:
    Wednesday 16May2012: Purchased the truck, swapped the headlights/drls for my cleared and tinted ones and the sequential LED turn signals as well as the radio on the inside.

Friday, 18May2012: Intake filter, brake pads and windshield replaced.

Last edited by blurred; 05-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Looks good so far. Always like these, and it sounds like you know what to do to make it look good!

Ended up heading up to the Indiana/Michigan line this weekend to see some family and met up with a friend for some talks on how I should go about lowering this truck. Didn't really do any work, but I did get a cool sticker out of the deal.

Well, in return, I shot his truck for him. Here are a few of the decent shots throughout the day.

I'm normally not a fan of lifted trucks, but that Canyon is sick! Stoked to see whats to come of the Colorado too.

Alright, so getting closer to being able to slam this thing. Should have rims and tires ready to go in a few weeks but here is an update:

And it turned out to be a long post. Sorry.

The name that I have decided on for this build - BluePrint

----------------------------------------------------------
    A friend hooked me up with some interior LEDs, both footwells and dome light in white. Brilliant!

He also included some license plate lights.

Now I need to deep clean the truck since I can actually see how dirty the fucker is.

----------------------------------------------------------

Was able to score some ballasts online for cheap, got them quickly and now I have HIDs in the truck. 6000k

------------------------------------------------------------

Then, another friend hooked me up with the cluster, HVAC and light controls, white on everything but the center of the cluster, as pictured. And it's white and a somewhat lime-green. Looks much better in person.

Picked up the needles and I modified them to work.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Then I decided to pick up something to wrap the headliner in. It was nasty!

Wanted to do something a little out of the ordinary, and I found this.

So then I began with gluing it. Wasn't too happy with how the glue soaked into the material, so it came out a little splotchy, but still looks good.

Also did the visors and modified the drivers one to hold my garage door opener.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I also had to get another new windshield, so yeah.

I tinted the third brake light red and also flipped it.

Third still needs a wetsand and buff but it needs to cure.

And the transmission, new pan with a drain plug, new filter and new fluid: first one is of the old and new fluid.

And lastly, my son wanted to help by starting the truck, or attempting.

Lastly, today I did the oil and spark plugs...

In our community, we have a guy that does these "tubes" that replace the spring in the spring pack for the spark plugs. Helps give the plugs a better connection I guess. Not really positive in the actual science of it all, but it works, very well. Truck would shake while it ran and surge a bit, now it runs smooth and steady.

old and new

and Logan helping me out.

As of right now, that is the update that I have for this.

Saturday I hope to have the notch installed so there will be more pictures of that if anyone is interested.

Red out that reverse light O:

maybe get some CCW classics

I love that color, reminds me of mariner blue for the miata.

That color always goes well with CCW's or some sort of wheel of similar style.

Nice truck though, never thought I would ever like a newer chevy truck, you proved me wrong.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

I am liking this build, real good so far. Keep it up!

Not a fan of these trucks, but way to get your son involved. Kid is going to get addicted to cars by the time he can drive.

not bad, a dam sight nicer than the Australian version of the Colorado.
    That colour looks amazing to

Quote Originally Posted by laBeef View Post
    Not a fan of these trucks, but way to get your son involved. Kid is going to get addicted to cars by the time he can drive.
    True story.

Keep it up man

I have looked around and about the only way that I can get a set of rims that look similar to CCWs would be by having a custom set built. Was looking at HRE for that, but the funds just aren't there for something like that. These trucks have a stupid bolt pattern.

Rims and tires should be on the truck within the next couple weeks if all goes as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by blurred View Post
    I have looked around and about the only way that I can get a set of rims that look similar to CCWs would be by having a custom set built. Was looking at HRE for that, but the funds just aren't there for something like that. These trucks have a stupid bolt pattern.

Rims and tires should be on the truck within the next couple weeks if all goes as planned.
    CCW can do any bolt pattern and has awesome turn-around time.

Looks like great progress!
    025garage

This much I did not know...

Off to the internets.

that blue is a gorgeous color!

also, your friends license plate is...well awesome. haha
    Balls Deep Squad.

Yeah, the plate gets a chuckle from about anyone that sees it.

And, I decided to actually get some decent shots of the truck, even though its no where near where I want it to be at the moment.

truck looks good...those zq8 look good painted.

im dropping mine 2/3 this weekend.

and i love the headliner....do mine...lol
    Last edited by truefire97; 09-28-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Well, was bored today and threw on some 2" blocks that I had sitting around to get the truck somewhat presentable.

Going to cut the front coil on the passenger side to level it out front to rear. The drivers side sits perfectly at 2" lower.

Also, picking my rims up tomorrow and the set of 245/45-18s should be here Tuesday. They will be an inch taller than the current set on there (same profile tire) so it should fill the wheel gap up enough to stop bothering the shit out of me. lol...

Plan is to drop the front and rear would be another inch on top of what I currently have which would put it at a 2/3 and level. Might end up going a 3/4 once I get the notch on the rear if I can clear the rims and tires.

Just found this out in the garage. Forgot all about it. Going to have to mount it up tomorrow before I head out to pick up the rims.

And just for a little insight, this skid plate was mounted on my old truck. Did the paint work on it since that went with the "theme" of the lifted one. Somewhat of a sentimental piece that can take one hell of an impact!

And I picked these up today. Really did NOT want to run this as a primary set since they are played out, but unfortunately money did not work for me as I had hoped to get the rims I wanted, and I picked these up for the time it took me to drive there +free so my decision was made for me.. for the time being.

So, work with what ya got.

had to use a flap wheel to get some of the extra chrome off them and clean them up quickly...

And this is with the coat of primer that is drying.

Not complete, but a few more coats and will be ready to mount the tires. Then I will have to touch it up and clear them.

And I have a friend that has access to a 5-axis CNC machine that wants to do small things for practice.

I am going to give him the NISSAN center cap emblems and have some new ones CNCed with something else in there instead of Nissan. Not sure what though.

good job so far, op!

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Thanks.

So this morning started out nicely.

Had some time and wanted to fix a couple spots on the rims, so I taped em up and sprayed them.

Then the mail arrived.

Got a package from one of my favorite distributors for these trucks...

So I started tearing into the engine bay...

This is actually impressive as hell. I have never seen this much gunk inside a throttle body. :gd:

All wrapped up with the resonator delete and the throttle body.

Truck has a smooth idle now and holy shit it goes and shifts nicely. I thought the plugs, coil pack delete, oil and transmission filter/fluid did a number. Accidentally had some mega wheel hop coming out of the gas station, so I know these two additions worked like a charm. Time to get some helper springs installed. :lol:

Then, Fedex showed up a LOT earlier than expected...

Unfortunately, I just laid clear down on the rims and no chance in hell that I can get them mounted today. I has sad face. But should happen tomorrow.

Anyway, this is how it should sit until I have the time to touch the suspension...

And then it fell over on the face..

Fuck painting these rims anymore. One day they will be powdercoated.

Wow, those are some nice wheels man. Its JDM yo.

Did you get a big bore TB or just a stock one?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

The throttle body has been ported and polished a tad bit, basically enough to open it up and get rid of any possible blocks for air movement.