'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hate anything.
    Except the occasional coating of horse seamen.

And how are you going to shorten the shocks?

Comment

• cut the rest of that tin cover off, grind the washer stop off, smooth rod, and then retread the shock rod. then i thread a nut all the way down to work as the washer stop.

build thread?

Comment

• Just read through the whole thread. This benz makes me want me own benz.

Well done, looks excellent and can't wait to see more!
        IG: @sebastienaudeon
        1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
        *pats Sebs head*
        there there.
        keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• the amount of work put into this thing is so amazing, hands down my favorite w114/115
          IG: @supseb

Porsche 911 (996)
          Mercedes-Benz w115 240D

Comment

• this is so sick, keep it up man!

Comment

• could you document the shock work? great work with the build. a true garage built car. love it
              Originally posted by Kielan
              I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                Just read through the whole thread. This benz makes me want me own benz.

Well done, looks excellent and can't wait to see more!
                Originally posted by Ducaud View Post
                the amount of work put into this thing is so amazing, hands down my favorite w114/115
                Originally posted by absentee View Post
                this is so sick, keep it up man!
                Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                could you document the shock work? great work with the build. a true garage built car. love it
                Not sure what's going to happen with the shocks yet, I have one more length schock I'm going to try first. Thanks for the kind words

build thread?

Comment

• party time, this side is done, suspension adjusted, 40mm spacers in the front 57mm in the rear. still alittle bit of room between the fenders to roll at a very low height

p.s. if you see the hole on the inside of the front fender and are like what the fuck...don't sweat it. there is a metal inner fender part that was a little rusted that has since been refinished but not yet installed.

build thread?

Comment

• Good news is I replaced both cv axles, bad news is my rear hub bearings look like hell. Anyways...Cleaned some more road grime out of the rear subframe area. It's like a week away from coming off jack stands. Still a few more things to do once it does. I'm hoping to be driving a properly running, aligned, going straight down the road with no parts falling off very soon.

build thread?

Comment

• loving the build! awesome work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Throwback View Post
                        loving the build! awesome work!
                        thanks man,

not so awesome...i fucked the paint pretty good. its hard to see accurately but it's all cracked. but on the plus side, i don't really care and i'm sure i'm going to ruin the paint on the other side. if you have ever seen the car in person the paint is in pretty poor shape.
                        the old adapters were 26mm the new ones are 57mm so

too much hammer time. i got paint chips.
                        this carb:

is being replaced by this carb:

if you have even had a car with a solex 4a1 you know what i mean, MERICA, FUCK YEAH!

other wise i'm fitting shocks sometime soon, i'm suposta be driving it next weekend. so maybe by friday its all fancy.

i was thinking about it tonight, this build thread has been going on for way too long now, i can't believe it's still going...this is my 3rd summer with the car and it still isn't even close. the car in my opinion looks 71% better then it did before. but since the carb isn't on, it doesn't start and if it doesn't start, i cant take it out of the garage, i can't be bothered trying to take a picture of it, but don't worry. it's coming...

p.s. if it sounds like i'm all wishey-washey, because someone stole my dog, it's because someone stole my dog.

build thread?

Comment

• I'm curious, are those crosshairs made for that benz or are they originally for a vw? Looking to fit some for my '02 so I'm seeing what my options are.
                          My '66 C10 Build
                          My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                            I'm curious, are those crosshairs made for that benz or are they originally for a vw? Looking to fit some for my '02 so I'm seeing what my options are.
                            they are mk1 vw, i saw them on a rwb 911, i have seen a '02 build thread where he uses cross hairs.

build thread?

Comment

• Yeah, he used MK1's too, I was just curious, guess I'm going that route lol. They look good on your car.
                              My '66 C10 Build
                              My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

• Awesome car.

It would be awesome if you could make it up to Wolfsgart this year! At last year's there was only 5 Mercs, hopefully this year there will be more

Contact us for more information about the show and all your questions.
                                Instagram: @HOONResponsibly

Comment

Working...
                                X