No announcement yet.

'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah ok that helps.. hopefully Ill get my car back together for this weekend haha.

Comment

• The dimensions arent right....I need the length of the top spacer...I need from the part that sits up in the spring cup (not the very top small portion that sits inside the hole)down to the square steel section...you tols me an inch but its a lot taller than that...probably closer to 3-4" maybe? Im just trying to figure out how to mount my bag so its not rubbing again...its seems every way I try to mount it its still gonna rub.

Comment

• i'm sure it's 1.000 i checked my receipt from speedymetals.com i ordered 1.000 and 2.000 and the two inch ones are off the car right now. i'm going to go threw the garage tonight because i think i have enough parts as spares to show you what i mean. the car doesn't currently have a battery, so i can't take pictures on it on the car...

that's everything bolted together, i forgot i notched the 4x4x4. also i ground the welds and corners of the sub frame. the rub marks on the bag are from placement with previous brackets

on the bottom that piece there had to go to move the bottom of the bag as close to the shock as i could.

i'm going to try to get you more info before the night is over

build thread?

Comment

• Thanks man, Those ones in the pic under the picture of your drill press look a lot taller than 1"?

Comment

• theses are the two parts

the round part is 2"x4.500 (the one actually on the car is 1"(i think 1.500 would be best))
            the square part 4x4x4

the area colored black i removed

so you should be left with a surface area of 4x3.500 and the two Xs in the where i located the holes to mount to the round part

the round part over hangs the square part .800"

view of round part alone

build thread?

Comment

• Damn you are technical sir. I like it
              IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• i see what you mean in the picture, that rubber isolator is very deceiving it's like almost an inch tall, i was planing on using it when i took that picture but it kept the car from hitting the ground

build thread?

Comment

• thank you sir

build thread?

Comment

• Awesome hopefully I can make some new spacers today at work and get these damn new bags installed haha. After having to deal with one bag failure i, just trying to make sure I dont have another one right off the bat haha.

Comment

• sorry if this has been answered, but is there any reason you went for solid spacers instead of finding 4.5" pipe?
                      Jason
                      flickr
                      build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by VicSkimmr View Post
                        sorry if this has been answered, but is there any reason you went for solid spacers instead of finding 4.5" pipe?

the round part is best solid the two straight bored holes are used to mount the round part to the square part and the stepped bored hole is the recession for the bolt head

for the bolt seen below that attaches the mount to the spring pocket between the black isolator and top washer seen below

build thread?

Comment

• Ok one more question....are your shocks rubbing at all...no matter how much I try to fit my front shocks differently, i end up with the same result: theyre gonna rub bad aired out...eventually blowing the bag, so for now theyre off the car again.

Comment

• I'm curious to know how this works out, I noticed the "colour of money" benz has Re 5'S at the front, maybe it will help gain some clearance....I saved these pics for reference, they're not mine

Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushroom_Toy View Post
                              Ok one more question....are your shocks rubbing at all...no matter how much I try to fit my front shocks differently, i end up with the same result: theyre gonna rub bad aired out...eventually blowing the bag, so for now theyre off the car again.
                              I had no shocks up front in my w108 for a while. scary times especially on the freeway. id do all you can to keep them in there!

Comment

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
                                I had no shocks up front in my w108 for a while. scary times especially on the freeway. id do all you can to keep them in there!
                                This is my second time with bags with no shocks on the car..and yes ive driven interstates at 75 lol. Scary is an understatment. More like suicide lol. Once I installed shocks back the first time ride quality was awesome and no sketchy...now I dont have the room again.

Comment

Working...
                                X