'73 mercedes 280, gas, blue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
    Yea I'm definitely running them up front. I'd like to see some rear set ups though. How did you go about mounting yours? I'm feeling like i'll probably just make an upper mount off of the top spring mount.

I'll take pictures of everything when I get home, so stay tuned. My set up is all of the shelf parts that I have reworked to fit properly.

front (from top to bottom): nut, lower bag plate, body of car(top spring mount), flange, 2" long x1.50" od pipe, s10 upper cup, bolts holding bag to cup, re6 bag, 3/8" stud into the bottom of the bag, chevy full size lower, lower control arm, washer, nut.

rear (from top to bottom): nut, washer, upper shock bushing, 7/16" (i think) stud threw the upper shock mount, 58-64 chevy impala upper cup, bolts holding bag to cup, re6 bag, s10 lower cup, lower control arm, 58-64 impala upper mount, washer, bolt from bottom to bag.

No shocks, at first the car was very "boat like", after some changes to the front it rides perfect. about 90psi in the front 80psi in the rear. I was on my way to the bar yesterday thinking about running the front bags at slightly different heights to reduce harmonic vibrations, but the ride there was uneventful and the ride home was even less eventful. So I figure if it's not broke no need to fix it.

I never wanted to run shocks, I took out to front sway bar for extra clearance, I cross my fingers at 80mph, the steering wheel is wooden and about twenty inches in diameter. To say the least it's not a sports car. It's a lowrider and I love it.

build thread?

Comment

thanks for posting up your build, you did a great job.

Comment

I'm really liking the idea of bags more and more.

Comment

So it turns out it's annoying trying to get good pictures of the bags with the wheels on, best I got for now.

front:

rear:

found this diagram in my tool box, it should describe everything in detail

also took these pictures

down:

up:

front:

back:

side:

side:

I wanted to make a movie of the car moving around to really show off the range of motion and speed of the bags, but the battery wasn't up for it and the tank couldn't build enough pressure

build thread?

Comment

So it lays out all the way with that setup?
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
              So it lays out all the way with that setup?
              The quick answer is no. The 195/75-14s aren't working in the front, they rest on the inside of the body when aired out. It puts the center of the wheel well arch in the front 20" from the ground. Different wheels are on there way and then I can figure out the end result of how it is going to sit.

build thread?

Comment

Random question but, what's the gas mileage with your 280?

Comment

Between seeing Ashtons car and now this I'm really starting to love these cars! Looks great

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                  Originally posted by nickskater09
                  I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

This is super fresh man great work!!! Theres so many classic benzs on here we need to start our own thread!!

Comment

Originally posted by rson View Post
                      This is super fresh man great work!!! Theres so many classic benzs on here we need to start our own thread!!
                      Hell yea, lets do it. we should list our setups and post some damn pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollagraphik View Post
                        Random question but, what's the gas mileage with your 280?
                        As of right now I am very unsure, I don't drive the car alot and it doesn't run 100% the secondary bufferflies on the solex carb were stuck from a very common problem of the carb warping. So I was thinking of swapping over to a weber but heard horror storys of properly set up webers working worse then fucked up solexs. I tinker with the solex but I day dream about swapping over to a m103/m104 (There is very slim chance this will ever happen.) But over the winter sometime is going to have to change under the hood that would have me caring about mpgs. If i was guessing I would say it has to be around 16-18mpgish.

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                        Between seeing Ashtons car and now this I'm really starting to love these cars! Looks great
                        Thanks man.

Originally posted by rson View Post
                        Originally posted by D&W View Post
                        Hell yea, lets do it. we should list our setups and post some damn pics!
                        I am totally up for this. It's an awesome idea.

build thread?

Comment

Awesome car !
                          Had any problems with the bags, i'm thinking about getting some but not sur to go for bag over coils or just bags.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGL2 View Post
                            Awesome car !
                            Had any problems with the bags, i'm thinking about getting some but not sur to go for bag over coils or just bags.
                            bag over coil over? in the rear?

build thread?

Comment

looks like you need a new rear halfshaft!

"Everything has potential."

Comment

just put some dirt in those and your good
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop??

Comment

Working...
                                X