X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twerk-cedes Benz

Play this now.

This story pickups up where one ends...

After just finishing up my Toyota (in my eyes) a little over two weeks ago I was content with it and felt like I wouldn't really be moving forward with it any more. I really enjoyed putting it together and driving it. It was most definitely one of my more entertaining vehicles that i've owned. It's low, ratty, rides like crap, and beautiful in every sense. Hopefully it's new owner enjoys it as much as I did.

Last shot of her at my house

Now play this one

So I wake up early Saturday morning with the plans of being on the road by 8:00 to make the trip out to Mr. Echo's house to begin the very interesting threesome trade we had planned out. Of course something seeming so simple must be made difficult by the laws of nature... Well, made difficult by a dry rotted tire actually. And then by my partner in crime's tardiness. "sorry dude, I had to get a blow job when I woke up" Can't even be mad at the guy for that though haha So after a tire change and an unwanted story of morning wood and the events following we finally hit the road by almost 9:00

Driving the truck all the way out there almost made me want to keep it. ALMOST after about two bridge crossings, I was happy to hand the keys over. *kidding* So after about 30 minutes of being positive I was lost I arrived at the old girl's new home.

So stage one of our interesting three way trade is now complete. Truck is delivered, wheels are now en route, and my new project is all the way in Gainesville. So I leave the Totoya in The front yard where I was instructed to park it, Beasley slides over to the passenger seat, and I hop in my nice comfy air conditioned tow pig aimed for Gainseville.

Seeing as I didn't actually have directions to Luke's house (mushroomtoy) I opted to follow Echo in his big sexy pickemup truck. After a good 35-40 minutes, maybe longer I was just enjoying the ride, we hit a gravel road that is surely the drive way to Luke's. I get a phone call from Echo only to be informed that this one lane gravel drive way is in fact a county highway. Not enough? We are now at a one lane WOODEN bridge. No sir, not sketchy at all. Oh what's that? My trailer barely fits on it? Perfect! Just the way I like my bridges. Old, wooden, and tiny. Lovely, we are in the middle of no where. We definitely had a good laugh about it before I completely lost cell phone service.

To my surprise we actually made it out the woods and off the "county highway" unscathed and pleasantly un-molested by back woods hillbillies with banjos. (sad, i've always enjoyed banjo music...) Shortly after ariving at lukes house. I had already decided before I left home that morning I would be bringing this car home with me regardless, but that didn't stop this man from giving me the full salesman pitch and trying to sell the car to me. Honestly, I couldn't keep up with everything he was saying. The man know's his old Benzs and it's a good thing for me (bad for him) that I have his phone number because he will be getting quite a few calls from me through out this build.

So after going over every inch of the car with me and loading me up with extra parts, manuals, and street signs, we get ready load it up. Not to let the excitement of the day end so early, I realize the only two comealongs I've brought with me are 1.broken and 2.three feet long. Great. Well lets use this chain... Oh look it has a ratchet strap hook on one end and no hook at all on the other! Last time I borrow the old man's trailer and take his word "yea! there's everything you could need in tool box!" Negative pops. You let me down, but it's times like these that I keep Beasley's McGyver ass around for. After rigging up the broken comealong, attatching it to the short one, and tying a knot in the chain, we're in business.

Parts two and three of our trade are now complete. Wheels are delivered and the Benz is now in my possesion. We get some bills of sale signed and passed around, shoot the shit for a while, and decide it's time to once again hit the road. Seeing as I still have absolutely no clue where I am and thought it would be fun to tackle the day with no GPS, I fall back in behind the big man in the power stoke and off we go... Right back to that scetchy ass little bridge.

Ok so I lied. It's not SUPER sketchy, but it WAS hilarious.

The rest of the drive home wasn't very eventful. We made a few pit stops and just enjoyed the nice weather. I have to say this was the most fun I have ever had buying and selling cars. Just hanging out with the guys and going on a little road trip was worth it with out the transaction even. It's days like this that remind me why this is my hobby and truely enjoy building cars.

Anyways... without any further wait I introduce you to my new project, Carl Benzlow

And now this one

I'll snap some pictures of the unbelievably clean interior later. I seriously had no expectations of it being so mint on the inside. Needless to say I am one happy little kid right now. Thanks again to Echo and Luke. They are some really great guys and if the opportunity arises I will most definitely do business with them again.
    Last edited by aLaFleur; 07-11-2012, 11:06 AM.
    IG: ashtonlafleur

Ohh shit! I was not expecting this. Nothing like an old Benz though

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
    Originally posted by nickskater09
    I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

old school benz build ! cannot wait
      C280 Build Thread
      C43 ///AMG Build Thread
      E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Ooo man.. you are awesome I want one bad.. There's this coupe down the road from me with a rootbeer paint.. Congrats on the new platform

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Keep Up the work they are south fun.

Comment

it looks awesome man

Comment

Oh hell yeah
              Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Comment

Looks Great!
                  Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
                  Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

looks like a nice build you have on your hands cant wait to see more
                    Instagram : TRASHEDTEG

Comment

good looking benz, the story with the songs = awesomesauce

Comment

Man your truck is beautiful. my friend has your style pickup. if you google heppaflush truck hawaii he has the black hilux with the 15x10 alcoas. they look so agressive.

Comment

Seeing your truck makes me want to do the opposite of what you're doing.
                          Stop working on the benz and start on the '84 toyota pickup haha.

Comment

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
                            Ohh shit! I was not expecting this. Nothing like an old Benz though
                            Yea I wasn't either. I really wanted to hop on the e28 bandwagon, but I guess that will have to wait.

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                            old school benz build ! cannot wait
                            Me either. I just have to figure out some starting issues and then it's on the road... literally, I want to touch the road.

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                            Ooo man.. you are awesome I want one bad.. There's this coupe down the road from me with a rootbeer paint.. Congrats on the new platform
                            Man that sounds sick. I like the coupes, but I had to go four door. More room for young women with daddy issues who lack morals and self worth.

Originally posted by geminidubber View Post
                            Keep Up the work they are south fun.
                            Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                            it looks awesome man
                            Originally posted by Raarasutra View Post
                            Oh hell yeah
                            Thanks guys

Originally posted by indy510 View Post
                            Yea... i'm going to miss that bitch.

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                            Looks Great!
                            Originally posted by Rob_Da_Hood View Post
                            looks like a nice build you have on your hands cant wait to see more
                            Originally posted by 07NJx355 View Post
                            good looking benz, the story with the songs = awesomesauce
                            Preciate it fella's

Originally posted by hamelland
                            Party girl make the part more enjoyable. Most of the people invite party girl to make their party excellent and best.
                            Well duh! Come on spam bot we already know this! Get with the program...

Originally posted by SlAMMEdtAC0 View Post
                            Man your truck is beautiful. my friend has your style pickup. if you google heppaflush truck hawaii he has the black hilux with the 15x10 alcoas. they look so agressive.
                            Yea I've actually seen his truck on another forum a few times. That thing is insane looking. Way cleaner than this one was.

Originally posted by zephyrueffer View Post
                            Seeing your truck makes me want to do the opposite of what you're doing.
                            Stop working on the benz and start on the '84 toyota pickup haha.
                            Haha it was fun while it lasted. I need to get back working on my 80 again. It's just sitting in the driveway waiting patiently.

Apparently my bucket isn't working? That's a first for me lol Maybe it will straighten out soon so I can put up some interior shots.

Comment

Just a little update. I have a hole in my radiator. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X