1976 911s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I just wrapped up my interior weight loss project and painted the interior. If I get into the garage tonight I'll post some some pictures.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
    About time this showed up on here.

Even though i've told you on words with friends and tumblr. Get a damn rear bumper already :P

Welcome Amir.

I'm working on it haha! I took off the track pipes since it was too loud, and with the current street exhaust the 965 bumper won't fit. I have a Sebring Tuning muffler coming in tomorrow though so we'll be fabbing up a new street exhaust that will let me finally put a bumper on.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    ZOMG IT'S THAT911!!!!!

Sup dude! Glad to see you made it on over here finally.

Hey Kielan! I'm glad to be here. I've lurked for a very long time, but finally decided to join and post.

Comment

Originally posted by that911 View Post

I'm working on it haha! I took off the track pipes since it was too loud, and with the current street exhaust the 965 bumper won't fit. I have a Sebring Tuning muffler coming in tomorrow though so we'll be fabbing up a new street exhaust that will let me finally put a bumper on.
      Can't wait. Should tie your car together nicely. :thumbup

Originally posted by Longboarding_G
      you sir, win this battle.
      “Producing something of quality is obsessing over details nobody sees.”

Comment

Did not expect this when you were describing it at the legion meet, nice work amir! thought you didnt like the stance scene
        S/W Thread Bsnss
        BFC Thread Bsnss

Comment

This. Is. Amazing.
          Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
          i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
          | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

So much want.
            1981 300TD 4 speed
            2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
            , on Flickr
            IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I just wrapped up my interior weight loss project and painted the interior. If I get into the garage tonight I'll post some some pictures.

Hey Kielan! I'm glad to be here. I've lurked for a very long time, but finally decided to join and post.
              Please do post pics of how you finished up your interior, I'm in the midst of my strip right now. I was going to do rs carpet, but after some thought I've decided to take the plunge and respray the interior and leave it bare.

Also, do you have a fiberglass plug for your sunroof delete? Would you mind also taking a few detail pics of how it's done? I have a rennspd fiberglass plug (and a gaping hole in my roof!), but it seems like it is going to need quite a bit of work to fix the excessive curvature it has.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Nice car.
                Audi 80 tdi Avant-
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21966

Porsche 944 Turbo-
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=20725&page=3

Audi S2 Avant-

Comment

glad you joined man!

this is awesome
                  Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Hell yeah, love the progress!

Comment

most awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                        wow.. for being a jackassery of a car when you picked it up, it sounds like it had a pretty good amount of stuff done.
                        Looking really good and 'expensive' haha - I luv the old 911s/sc such beauty and oil cooled mechanics at work.
                        He put some quality parts on, but a lot of corners were cut. To give you an example, I broke the left rear hub because the axle nut nearly came off. He didn't put a cotter pin in the axle, and didn't torque the axle nut down. He had koni dampers in the front and billies in the rear. He removed the front half of the interior and left all of the rear including the seats in since they are a pain to deal with. Overall just a lack of quality in the work he did. It has been expensive redoing everything. Not to mention the "Porsche tax" on parts can be absurd.

Originally posted by FJ40runr View Post
                        Please do post pics of how you finished up your interior, I'm in the midst of my strip right now. I was going to do rs carpet, but after some thought I've decided to take the plunge and respray the interior and leave it bare.

Also, do you have a fiberglass plug for your sunroof delete? Would you mind also taking a few detail pics of how it's done? I have a rennspd fiberglass plug (and a gaping hole in my roof!), but it seems like it is going to need quite a bit of work to fix the excessive curvature it has.

Thanks a lot!

Any pictures or links to your car? The RS carpet might be worth while on a street car. If my car was my DD I would have painted it and then put an RS carpet set over it since the paint will get thrashed from daily use. I've gotten to the point where I'm fighting for ounces in the car so 10lbs in carpet is too much for me haha.

I have the Rennspeed fiberglass panel and it fits like a saddle on a cow. I'm pretty pissed off about it since I've bought a lot of stuff from Peter and all of the fitment has been shitty. I made brackets and attached them to the roof of the car with bolts on the sunroof panel so it can be removed. I'll be using silicone to seal it, but after this headache I may just bite the bullet and put a CF sunroof panel and a full cage.

Originally posted by e21Robb View Post
                        Did not expect this when you were describing it at the legion meet, nice work amir! thought you didnt like the stance scene
                        Thanks Robb! I've always and will always love stanced cars, it's a lot of the people in the scene I'm iffy about haha. This forum has always seemed like a friendly community which is why I decided to post.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                        glad you joined man!

this is awesome
                        Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                        Hell yeah, love the progress!
                        Originally posted by Devildog0341 View Post
                        most awesome.
                        Thank you!

Comment

needs alot of exterior work but its a start. I love 911s. Are you on tumblr?

Comment

Any pictures or links to your car? The RS carpet might be worth while on a street car. If my car was my DD I would have painted it and then put an RS carpet set over it since the paint will get thrashed from daily use. I've gotten to the point where I'm fighting for ounces in the car so 10lbs in carpet is too much for me haha.

I have the Rennspeed fiberglass panel and it fits like a saddle on a cow. I'm pretty pissed off about it since I've bought a lot of stuff from Peter and all of the fitment has been shitty. I made brackets and attached them to the roof of the car with bolts on the sunroof panel so it can be removed. I'll be using silicone to seal it, but after this headache I may just bite the bullet and put a CF sunroof panel and a full cage.
                            You think the fitment of the CF panel would be any better? I would probably make the plunge on it as well if I thought I'd be in any better shape. By bolting to the sunroof panel do you mean the sunroof cassette? I just cut mine out a couple of weekends ago, what a pain! I wish sunroof removal/refill was as simple as the BMW crowd has it.

I think I'll probably do some sort of a floor panel to cut down on wear and tear, I actually had the carpet kit, but I'm in the same boat as you weight-wise. Basically it all got out of hand when I finally took the plunge and did the sunroof, now I am not going back together until it is properly stripped and painted and I've got a bar welded in. Also think I'm going to sell my dash and do one of the 'glass/cf/abs options for that.

Here's my car as I got it last summer, and then when I first started to yank things out...I get a little sick when I see the pics of where it started and then look at it in it's current state. That's when I have to consider I'm -400lb with no fiberglass, cf, or lexan yet...

Comment

Originally posted by FJ40runr View Post
                              You think the fitment of the CF panel would be any better? I would probably make the plunge on it as well if I thought I'd be in any better shape. By bolting to the sunroof panel do you mean the sunroof cassette? I just cut mine out a couple of weekends ago, what a pain! I wish sunroof removal/refill was as simple as the BMW crowd has it.

I think I'll probably do some sort of a floor panel to cut down on wear and tear, I actually had the carpet kit, but I'm in the same boat as you weight-wise. Basically it all got out of hand when I finally took the plunge and did the sunroof, now I am not going back together until it is properly stripped and painted and I've got a bar welded in. Also think I'm going to sell my dash and do one of the 'glass/cf/abs options for that.

Here's my car as I got it last summer, and then when I first started to yank things out...I get a little sick when I see the pics of where it started and then look at it in it's current state. That's when I have to consider I'm -400lb with no fiberglass, cf, or lexan yet...

Looks like a nice car. What do you plan on using the car for?

I was in the same boat. I started pulling the rear interior out and ended up with the car a completely gutted interior short of the dash (can't due to rules)

I'll try to post some pictures of the interior and mounting tonight. I'll be trying to work the panel tonight to fit better so I'll let you know the results as well. If you'd like you can PM me about some ideas to help you with your project.

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                              needs alot of exterior work but its a start. I love 911s. Are you on tumblr?
                              Thanks, and it needs a ton of work on the exterior. Hopefully that'll be done in a month or two.
                              And yes I am on tumblr that911.com
                              Last edited by that911; 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

I real classic car. Very nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X