Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 538

Thread: Volvo Appreciation thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brolando, Florida.
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theseeker411 View Post
    My parents just bought my sisters a black S40. Man, I wish they'd let me mod it just a little...
    Here's a couple pictures of my old roommates S40. Slammed on KW's from a Madza 3.






  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattphi View Post
    Hey man, thank you so much. It's pretty hard to build a descent Volvo in the US. There is a very small amount of aftermarket parts available, and those parts are expensive, which is why not many people want to mod them.
    yeah i understand, in my side of Europe, the Volvo scene is so purist, it is really boring sometimes, when i had the 945 it was a pain to make them understand why i wanted lower it, then i never did it and sold it after 4 months...(robbing attempt and the diesel engine was really not fun at all! but the car was sick!)
    Anyway, if you find some parts here, pm me, if i can help, i will do.
    I hope to show you all, my Volvo in a few months or weeks...
    OK i stop speaking in this pictures thread! Sorry.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    341

    Default

    i just got rid of my 1989 740 turbo...i loved that volvo but i got an e46 now so i cant complain....but i miss that box car....i will post sum pics up later!

    1990 325is- current project
    1986 325e- Parts Donator
    2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
    1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

    "Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

  4. #54

    Default

    Cool to see a volvo thread. Here's a few pics of the current status of my winter beater:





    It's lowered like 4" all around now, they start sky high! Right now the stock exhaust is ~.5" off the ground in places, I need to redo it before anything else can happen. As easy a time as I am having keeping it off the ground as it is though, I'm tempted to go quite a bit lower in the front when I do fix it.

    It has shortened struts, the current front height is around the stock bottomed out position.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FJ40runr View Post
    Cool to see a volvo thread. Here's a few pics of the current status of my winter beater:





    It's lowered like 4" all around now, they start sky high! Right now the stock exhaust is ~.5" off the ground in places, I need to redo it before anything else can happen. As easy a time as I am having keeping it off the ground as it is though, I'm tempted to go quite a bit lower in the front when I do fix it.

    It has shortened struts, the current front height is around the stock bottomed out position.
    coilovers? coils? more details please

  6. #56

    Default

    Good stuff i love the pics of the amazons

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDM Babaganoosh View Post
    coilovers? coils? more details please
    After reading what you're thinking about doing, I think this setup should really be perfect for what you want. It has 8" 250lb 2.25in springs up front (cheap on ebay) and 3.5 coils cut in the rear. I also shortened the struts and used the saab shocks. Cheap as hell, I think I have like $100 invested total (excluding front end refresh), and you can be as slammed as you want with this setup. The key is the rate/length of spring you pick, if you wanted to be a little fancier you could add the afco sleeves. I think in the future I might try a 7" 350lb or something, the 250s are pretty soft and it's a bit low for a softish rate.

    Here is my TB post about it, let me know if you have any more questions about it.

    http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=winter+beater

  8. #58

    Default

    FJ40, good idea, I'm stealing it.

  9. #59

    Default

    Some awesome rides in here, wish my wife would let me mod her S60.

  10. #60

    Default

    Nice....
    Am also love Volvo

    cool pics that you show ...

    By the way i used Volvo 940 with 1JZ GTE...

    These are my car

    someday i will make it lower than this
    but my country, Street so suck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BujuGuru; 12-25-2009 at 03:49 AM.

  11. #61

    Default

    1jz volvo = rad

  12. #62

    Default

    Sick man, tha 1jz guy
    --Volvo 240 TDic--
    --Volvo 745 Tic--
    --Nissan Sunny 1.6multivalve --

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brolando, Florida.
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FJ40runr View Post
    After reading what you're thinking about doing, I think this setup should really be perfect for what you want. It has 8" 250lb 2.25in springs up front (cheap on ebay) and 3.5 coils cut in the rear. I also shortened the struts and used the saab shocks. Cheap as hell, I think I have like $100 invested total (excluding front end refresh), and you can be as slammed as you want with this setup. The key is the rate/length of spring you pick, if you wanted to be a little fancier you could add the afco sleeves. I think in the future I might try a 7" 350lb or something, the 250s are pretty soft and it's a bit low for a softish rate.

    Here is my TB post about it, let me know if you have any more questions about it.

    http://forums.turbobricks.com/showth...=winter+beater
    How are the 250's as far as softness? I am currently running 350's x 8" with the Koni Yellow/afco setup on my S70 and it's stiff as hell.


  14. #64

    Default

    Wicked thread, I'll post mine up in a bit, cheers
    94 854______K-town Brick Militia______Rattle Can Crew

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Plantsville, Connecticut
    Posts
    986

    Default

    This is what mines gonna look like very soon. With proper amounts of poke.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Damn there r some sick cars in the thread.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    This thread is so full of win.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

  18. #68

    Default


  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    393

    Default

    LOL



    ^^
    -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
    -85 Saab 900 (Project)
    PhotoBlog
    Spotted In Narvik

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brolando, Florida.
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    errbody wubs vovos


  21. #71

    Default

    An 86 Volvo 240 4dr would have Coil Spring rear right?

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UglyButNotFake View Post
    the silver 242 below has a V8 from xc90
    Seriously this made my pants sticky

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HSVQUE View Post
    An 86 Volvo 240 4dr would have Coil Spring rear right?
    Yes.
    -96 Chevrolet S10 (DD)
    -85 Saab 900 (Project)
    PhotoBlog
    Spotted In Narvik

  24. #74

    Default

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    (Could be another volvo SW project on the cards)

  25. #75

    Default












Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •