Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Holy FUCK this thread delivers. It's decided. I'm owning a Volvo one day.

Comment

Really wish I had something to contribute. Volvos are sexy
          -George
          flickr

Comment

Comment

gangster thread

Not stanced yet.

Comment

The Volvette

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CI1PzhJ2fY
                Last edited by checkmate2006; 12-22-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

My 1969 volvo on widened steel rims, Needs a little drop but nothing crazy.

some other nice volvo's:

- 1987 Jetta coupe: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ht=jetta+coupe
                  - 1969 volvo 121
                  - 1978 volvo 245

Comment

Glad this is kicking off!!!

I'm trying to figure out what a good suspension set-up for my future 240 would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon360 View Post

I'm trying to figure out what a good suspension set-up for my future 240 would be.
                      after A LOT of reading over at turbobricks, it's not easy to get really low. the best/safest route most people go is shortened struts (saab struts iirc) and custom coilovers for the front and cut sport springs in the rear.

the 245 i'm picking up will promptly have all springs removed to see where that gets me. i'm perfectly fine with a shitty ride to get the stance i want. done it before, will do it again. if that doesn't get it as low as i want, i'll replace the struts with shorter models and possibly break out the grinder and welder. i plan on documenting every step to see what it takes to go as low as possible.

btw, planning on running sc430 18" wheels on it

Comment

Last edited by Joe Flacco; 12-22-2009, 02:42 PM.
                        SeenItcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by Goon360 View Post

Originally posted by JDM Babaganoosh View Post
                          after A LOT of reading over at turbobricks, it's not easy to get really low. the best/safest route most people go is shortened struts (saab struts iirc) and custom coilovers for the front and cut sport springs in the rear.

the 245 i'm picking up will promptly have all springs removed to see where that gets me. i'm perfectly fine with a shitty ride to get the stance i want. done it before, will do it again. if that doesn't get it as low as i want, i'll replace the struts with shorter models and possibly break out the grinder and welder. i plan on documenting every step to see what it takes to go as low as possible.

btw, planning on running sc430 18" wheels on it

I don't know much about the older brick suspension, but Ben at Kaphlenke has some wicked set ups. I am going to be getting my rear coils from him. (http://www.kaplhenke.com/)

With the 70/850 series you can easily make coilovers (like I did) from Koni shocks and Afco parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                            I don't know much about the older brick suspension, but Ben at Kaphlenke has some wicked set ups. I am going to be getting my rear coils from him. (http://www.kaplhenke.com/)

With the 70/850 series you can easily make coilovers (like I did) from Koni shocks and Afco parts.
                            if i was goin for performance, i'd def go with kaphlenke. but i'm going for 100% looks

Comment

My 360`s

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
                                Now this is a thread that I can appreciate
                                got anymore of this one?
                                -Ian

Photography flickr Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X