No announcement yet.

Five- oh swap into an e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dope!! glad you went with a 302! idk how it is over there but Craigslist over here is littered with 302 performance parts left and right ahah

also you gotta run a hci setup on a 302 atleast to wake that damn motor up
    Last edited by Jamil; 03-25-2012, 09:39 PM.

BAR / TheIllu510nEvo<-- check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
      Pretty sweet man! ive looked into buying an e30 for this reason, they sell everything you need for the swap. Its pretty sweet how easy it can be done, good luck with it man!
      You should! You can even kept heat pretty easily. And thanks!

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
      I didn't mean to knock the swap, plus the price tag on those 302 or newer 5.0 are pretty ridic.
      You're right though, your efi will be straight to the point and easy to maintain! Keep us updated on progress.
      No offense taken Yeah, Matt(e30v8.com) sells a wonderful digital booklet which goes through most things step by step, including very simple(even for me!) wiring diagrams/ pictures.

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
      Dope!! glad you went with a 302! idk how it is over there but Craigslist over here is littered with 302 performance parts left and right ahah

also you gotta run a hci setup on a 302 atleast to wake that damn motor up
      Yeah theres a lot of stuff, especially in Western MD. And yeah! Even with just an intake, it should be crazy. I plan to do cold air now, then some nice aluminum aftermarket heads, and a super aggressive cam with a standalone system in the future. And thanks!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
        H: Header
        C: Cam(s)
        I: Intake

I believe...
        heads, cam, intake

Comment

Gather round children, some small updates.

The gf was out of town this weekend, so I had both days to work on the car
          Threw the car up on jack stands to mock up the trans mount. Ended up having to unbolt the bell housing from the transmission itself, because I couldn't get the car up high enough However, after doing that I realized it would be much easier to keep the bell housing bolted to the engine, drop the engine/ bell housing it, then bolt the transmission up. Matt in the manual says to do the opposite.

V8's just look mean, imo.

So after mocking it up, I'll be building the actual mount this weekend.

After that, finished priming the interior, laid some black down and finished up the wire tuck to clean the floor up a bit, then started re-assembling the interior. Still have some to paint, but most of it will be covered up by the cage/ sound deadening which I just ordered!

Then finished up installing the hood pins, though I still need to get some washers to secure them.

And all packed up, waiting for next weekend...

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Heck yeah man! I used to own a 95 F150 with a 5-0, and years of experience tinkering and working on it. HMU if you have any questions
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
              Heck yeah man! I used to own a 95 F150 with a 5-0, and years of experience tinkering and working on it. HMU if you have any questions
              Will do! That right there is one of the many reasons I love this engine, so many people who knowledge willing to help. Thanks, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, not many more big things to get done

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Anybody want to chime in on wheel color? I'm torn between the bronze, black and nickel. I'm really leaning towards nickel. Fwiw, I'll be running 15x8 and 15x9, 265/50 R-comps all around.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

BUSTER!
                  Low Standards
                  Seffer on the Stanceworks
                  sigpic

Comment

subbed for sure

come may I expect to see some elevenses

Comment

Originally posted by seffer View Post

Originally posted by softg View Post
                      subbed for sure

come may I expect to see some elevenses
                      There will be smoke. It won't be a pretty car, but it will be thrashed.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

awesome!! i'm about 6 months behind you on putting a 302 in my e36, so definitely interested to see how this progresses. good luck!
                        025garage

Comment

Loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                            awesome!! i'm about 6 months behind you on putting a 302 in my e36, so definitely interested to see how this progresses. good luck!
                            Thanks! and thats awesome, have you actually started yet? I want to see a build thread And what are you doing about mounts and such? I highly recommend e30v8.com.

Originally posted by electricalbox View Post
                            Loving it!
                            Thanks!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Decided I'd procrastinate on hw some more, and do something I've been saying I'd do for months.

Breakin' her open.

Obligatory artsy, hipster shots when breaking open a cluster.

Boom. I think I need to do colored needles.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
                                Anybody want to chime in on wheel color? I'm torn between the bronze, black and nickel. I'm really leaning towards nickel. Fwiw, I'll be running 15x8 and 15x9, 265/50 R-comps all around.

http://949racing.com/15x9-6UL-wheels.aspx
                                Go with the black

I like how the dash came out, can't wait to see this thing running!

Comment

Working...
                                X