No announcement yet.

Five- oh swap into an e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to tackle the throttle pedal, because of where I needed to mount it, I had to extend the length of the pedal to match the brake and clutch pedals. I also wanted a better pedal that the 1/2" wide mustang one, so out came the grinder!

And after welding and paint:

As I was working on finishing that up, my friends brother's scooter fell on my car, giving it even more dents! You can kind of see them in this pic...

I decided to throw on the new oil filter

Then covered the side facing the headers in insulating tape, because of its proximity to the riverside header.

Another random issue I needed to tackle was the fact that my sway bar linkage was binding from being so low. So to solve this, I simply shortened the links. No pics from after welding, but heres a comparison on the 2 lengths.

Next, decided to put the headlights back together.

Laid out.

And assembled.

I like to keep my passengers on their toes.

Now since I was chopping out the sliders/ brackets for the sunroof that run along the whole of the roof, I needed something to cover it with. So I decided to guy the sunroof, which turned out to be the source of some of the ONLY rust on the car. And here was a lot.

I cleaned it up with a grinder some, but thats all the pics for now.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by runningpanda View Post
      Nice
      Oh hey Christof <3

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Just ordered a new rad, water pump gaskets and a few other bits and pieces. I decided to go with an oem replacement rad for a mustang, and will be running an e36 pusher fan in the front. My Clutch stuff should finally be here on Monday, don't have any idea why it took Wilwood a week to ship it after they finished it
        -_- And last of the lame, pic less updates is that my BBK should be shipping soon.

Here is a cute picture of a dog for your time. Look at him, using his 1996 PC computer all by himself.

Last edited by FunfGang; 04-14-2012, 10:03 PM.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Progress looks great.

Sorry I didn't clarify, H/C/I is in fact Head/Cam/Intake, a must for all pushrod motors.

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
          I'll tell you the best three upgrades for that 302 right off the bat. Ford Racing X303 cam,ford racing timing chain and gear, ford racing aluminum z heads. All I did to my old truck and it was so worth it. The x303 cam lope is godly at stop lights (but I was running open headers and a tiny 4" pipe off one header for my o2 sensor. No fucks were given. Got illegal inspections )
          If most of the fox body guys heard you, they'd go nuts on you.

Cheap upgrades are GT40P/GT40X heads from either the 93 Cobra or the Explorer, and then the GT40 intake.

Of course the surefire ticket to improvement is something like Trickflow/Twisted Wedge heads. Then go with some aftermarket cams rather than FRPP. Other brands are far more agressive.

And if you plan on going over 500hp the first point of failure is the block. You'd need an aftermarket like Dart for that.

Or if you ever get hungry for more cubes/power the 351W is almost identical but with a taller deck height. You could re-use the mounts, oil pan, T5, etc..
          I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

Comment

• Thanks for the advice I doubt I'll want more than a good set of heads and a cam anytime soon, though thanks for all the info!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Well, brand new battery on the daily was dead when I went to leave school:/ But came home to this on da poach.

Finally! A company that sends stickers

Brand new clutch pedal, MC and push rod. I took a close up of the MC, but I was stupid and accidentally got my address in the pic.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• <3
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Oh hey dair

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• my god, what a project you have there. at least youre getting some welding practice.

Comment

• Thanks man, I'm having my friend who actually knows what he's doing, do the important welding from now on.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• subbed and very excited, please finish it soon

Comment

• Originally posted by jack-e30 View Post
                          subbed and very excited, please finish it soon
                          Working every chance I get Thanks man.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

• Damn dude. This is coming along really nicely.
                            Christof Goulart
                            FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

• Brian Peppers!

Comment

• Good work dude, any particular reason for the aftermarket clutch pedal, mc and slave? I re used my oem stuff just fine.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Working...
                                X