No announcement yet.

CubbyChowder finally got a BMW 2002 - it's project time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!! Wish I had a classic to work on...
    Always learning something new....

Comment

Oh man. This car can be gorgeous.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by mtmorto View Post
        Congrats! This is going to be a great build. One helpful hint if you don't mind my saying: get an account on BMW2002FAQ if you don't have one already. There are some guys over there that know anything and everything you need to about the technical stuff on these cars.
        Thanks for the hint, I have an account on there and have spent lots of long nights researching on the forum. Lots of cool dudes on there, glad to be part of the community

Originally posted by Rubens View Post
        Subd!! Pics in the first post are beautiful man. If you keep this up to date with text & those pics, it will be a great topic. And well.. I've seen you stalking Heist for months in his thread so I assume that you've some motivation Good luck
        Like I said earlier, updates will be frequent and fruitful and yes, I've been following his thread since he first started it. The more I followed it, the more I realized I really need to go through with my plan to build one how I want.

Originally posted by Riskant View Post
        Congrats....

Plans sound good....
        Pics are awesome too...

Please keep us posted!

Love 2 see that colour leather kept!
        Thanks, although the saddle brown interior is amazing, I think I'm taking a different route. Everything is just too beat up.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Got a little bit more done today. Met up with my friend Derek who is the main sales guy at AccuAir Suspension, and we talked air suspension on the 2002 for a bit. I have a pretty good idea now of what setup I will be running, but it's going to be a little bit before everything gets ordered. I basically need to find the wheel setup that I will be running and base everything off them.

Brought it back up to my Dad's house and continued on the dismantling process. I got the whole front end taken apart today. Both the front fenders were welded onto the body in one spot which was kind of stupid. As usual, bondo everywhere, it almost seems as if the entire body has a layer of bondo. Kind of a bummer, but oh well, fuck it! Sorry if some photo's seem unnecessary, I'm just trying to document the build as good as possible

rear driver's side

rear passenger's side

front driver's side

front passenger's side

dirty

OEM hubcaps in good shape, wonder if they're worth anything?

front fender welded in above the headlight. You can see on the bottom of the headlight where it separates. Stupid idea in my opinion, just had to get the ol' grinder out. You can see how much bondo there is:

Inner fender, barely any rust!

Passenger fender, ready to be cut

cut

that's it for today. Going back tomorrow morning to start pressure washing everything and taking more stuff apart. Havin' fun!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

so jazzed about all the 2002 builds going on, this is going to be fantastic I imagine

subbed

Comment

I want a 2002 so bad!
              @jroc561
              71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

Glad to see a thread like this!
                Originally posted by redciv1
                Style 5's and E36's are like Civic's and Rota's, just looks good.
                Originally posted by Francois Dillinger
                Would you wear skechers with an armani suit?

Comment

Subd

Comment

id rather have a lot of bondo then a lot of rust. looks good, I really want one

Comment

Originally posted by ImAwesome View Post
                      id rather have a lot of bondo then a lot of rust. looks good, I really want one
                      very true, thanks. I think I'm making a bigger deal about the bondo than I really should be.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

your thread + heist's thread

sub'd

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                          Thanks, although the saddle brown interior is amazing, I think I'm taking a different route. Everything is just too beat up.
                          too bad...

That colour would look sooooo chique in it!

Comment

haha yeah, I really hope people (and Heist himself) aren't thinking that I'm just duplicating his build. I will admit that it is definitely similar in some ways as the main focus on the build is revolved around stance, however, in the end, they will end up two completely different cars. I've been wanting to do a 2002 build for over a year now, and Heist's thread caught my attention because he was doing a lot of the stuff that I would want to do. So I hope there are no hard feelings, at the end of the day it is just a car on the internet. And I hope people can still enjoy this thread and realize that I have my own vision for this car and I'm building it how I've always dreamed of building one.

Other than that, thanks for all the nice comments.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Those welds on the front fender are actually factory welds. It is where the fender meets the front nose. Everyone is doing the 02 thing now. Mine will be making a entrance in the near future with some wide vintage splits.

Comment

Love the 2002 builds, they turn out very well mostly.
                                Good luck on it! I'll be watching this

Comment

Working...
                                X