drivers side window problem, car is SOAKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers side window problem, car is SOAKED

I'm not sure if this is a common problem or not, but my window has rolled itself down about an inch and a half last night, and of cousre this has to happen when it POURED for 4 hours. So I dried my seat, drove home, parked the car. I walk outside thismorning, and it happened again. So I'm at work right now worrying its gonna happen again, because there is another chance of showers today, and I can't be the same place my car is if it does happen again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Something is up with the window regulator and it is having trouble 'holding' the window.

Does the window work properly besides it randomly dropping down by itself?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
      Something is up with the window regulator and it is having trouble 'holding' the window.

Does the window work properly besides it randomly dropping down by itself?
      Yes, last night was the first time it has ever given me a problem. Now I have been at work since 630 thismorning, I keep checking on it, and it seems to be fine now... I just wanna know what was wrong with it so it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Either the regulator or the motor is failing or one of the mounts(should be rivets on your e36) are loose and thus letting the window fall a little bit.

One of those would be my first place to start. E36 is notorious for window problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
          Either the regulator or the motor is failing or one of the mounts(should be rivets on your e36) are loose and thus letting the window fall a little bit.

One of those would be my first place to start. E36 is notorious for window problems.
          Damn, I thought I got rid of thoes problems when I sold my MK3s haha. Thanks for the help man, Im gonna try to tackle that this weekend if the weather is nice.

Comment

No Problemo good sir!

Just pull the door panel off and play with the window and see if you notice anything. Will probably have to drop a window regulator into that biotch.

Comment

From my VW experience, that doesnt sound like a cheap or easy fix

Comment

Window regulator is about 100 bucks. Motor is about 200 bucks.

More than likely it is one of those two parts.

Comment

welcome to the world of the e36 coupe. they are all plagued with this issue.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

In a E46, you can fix it with a ziptie and it will last forever, granted you dont let it destroy itself before you try to fix it.

Is there not a quick fix for the e36?

Comment

Originally posted by wrathchild819 View Post
                      In a E46, you can fix it with a ziptie and it will last forever, granted you dont let it destroy itself before you try to fix it.

Is there not a quick fix for the e36?

Not that I know of.

Comment

E36s have garbage window problems. Oftentimes it's the window regulator crapping out.

1997 BMW 328is Alpine White // Dove Grey
                        ZF Swapped | 3.23 LSD | FK Coilovers | 17x8.5 Borbet Type C | 75mm Wheel Studs | 12mm Vorshlag Spacers | 5000k HIDs | Euro Taillights | Suede Headliner/Pillars

Comment

My neighbor and I were talking about Bimmers and he said his cousin has been through like 3 sets of regulators in the 12 years he's had his 325i lol.

Comment

Always Check your door switch first, a faulty or misaligned door switch will cause the window to go up and down randomly. a bit late but good advice for any one checking this.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                            www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                            I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Working...
                            X