fiberglass help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiberglass help

is it safe to use on paint?? reason is because i want to make a mold of my CF csl trunk and put it on my OEM trunk..i seen videos where they put Wax on then lay the fiberglass then the resin and pulls off fine..
    Anyone?
    Thanks!
    -Jorge-

i would put a couple of layers on the part. when i used to make boxes we would put masking tape (or in some cases aluminum foil) over every surface the fiberglass touched.

Comment

would the masking tape hold up with the resin?
      -Jorge-

Comment

i would do masking tape over the part, then duct tape or aluminum foil over that. lots of overlapping and such.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

when i do it, i do masking tape over the part, then aluminum foil just like the above mentioned. works everytime

Maybe some vaseline as well to help with separation in some cases
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

If your trying to take a splash off your trunk you could use masking tape as said above but I would use Teflon tape and over lap then you could wax that as well (I have used Teflon tape directly on paint as well for splashes but thats up to you)

Comment

Working...
            X