Junkyard build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard build

so this is my saturn build. its a 1999 saturn sl2. bought it with a blown motor and a bummed up front bumper.so first things first i swapped out the blown motor for another dohc 1.9L manual. i am however a full time student with a limited budget so almost all the parts on the car are from my favorite place in the world PICK N PULL .

MODS (to date)
    aftermarket for saturns suck so i'll try to mention what cars the parts came off of

-japan 2000 coils (originally part of a coil/sleeve kit for a 90's accord. just on the springs no sleeve)
    -sideskirts (originally the lower side molding on a jeep grand cherokee) (also unsure if they will stay on the car)
    -front lip (off of a volvo 740? i think... sectioned in the middle to fit)
    -mudflaps (off of a nissan pathfinder)
    -magna flow muffler (off of a neon.... yes i got it from pick n pull.... only 6 bucks why not?)
    -wink rear veiw mirror
    -no name shifter
    -audio (12" phoenix gold sub, ma audio amp, kenwood deck)
    -center console(from a saturn sl, not aftermarket but an option not many came with)
    -blue led under dash lights (because racecar lol)
    -white led dome light
    -tinted rear signal and reverse lights
    -bent license plate (its jdm yo! lol)

Also, i just got some KW v1 coilovers from a pick n pull yard so pretty soon these will be going in (they are off of a 97 neon) probably with my current springs swapped in

as for future plans, moar low and i need rims. also just in general im gonna have fun with it and not take it tooo seriously, its just a saturn afterall.

also i understand 99.9999% of people out there **** these cars lol, i used to **** them to but it has a funny way on growing on you if you let it.

comments welcome, good or bad lol
    flame suit on...
    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

If I ever find Kw's in a junkyard I'll shit.

Comment

haha, sick KWs. I can't **** on the saturn, they drive out nice when there's nothing wrong with them.

Just get sick wheels, that is all
      4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Fine Kw in junk yard, Clean them up, Sell them buy something that fits mine xD !

Comment

I can't wait to see what you do with this bastard child.

-Aron
          "Living life a quarter turn at a time"

Comment

by tommorow evening I should have the coilovers in
            so far have the coilovers dissasembled and pretty much read to go in.

got bored so i did a quick photo chop of my plans

Comment

Soo... your plans is just more low? I would recommend finding a wheel with the same bolt pattern that may be wider or lower offset from a different model. Should be able to find something decent 4x1__ that will be better than what's on there now.

I sorta dislike this... but I am intrigued to see where it goes. You should keep a running total of shit you've bought from Pick N Pull and the cost that you have into this car.

And yes, lip is off of a 740.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

currently I am looking for wheels, make trips to pick n pull almost weekly, hunt on Craigslist and Kijiji. so far nothing interesting/ reasonably priced has shown up yet. bolt pattern is 4x100, looking for something 16" that's about 8-8.5"s wide anywhere from 25-40ish offset. so far I've considered possibly some oem rear wheel drive rims.... but that being said anything could show up at pick n pull. would like to steer clear of using adapters but some sets of wheels i could probably have re-drilled for a decent price.

other then rims I'd like to get maybe a valence or something for the back bumper, possibly some different or no side skirts, spoiler-less trunk. that and I'm on the hunt for some different seats... basically it depends on what i find

prices of items i have bought from pick n pull so far:
                kw coilovers: 80$ (for all 4)
                japan 2000 springs: 60$
                Volvo lip: 8$
                jeep sideskirts: 12$
                pathfinder mudflaps: 6$
                Magnaflow: 6$

Comment

I love the concept here so far and am jealous at all the things you find at the junkyard.

-Aron

Comment

Your Pick N Pull sounds so much better than the one I got here. Fuckers here $120 for 4 Eibach springs, no struts.

Love the work put into this so far.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

unfortunately only ended up getting the front coils in today, ended up having to fabricate some parts and mod stuff here and there. even had to get some spacers so the tires would clear the coils. sometime ill have to get some decent shots but until then heres the picks i got:

KW's apart and ready to be put in

japan 2000's vs the kw springs

guess i never got a pic of the japan 2000's mounted on the kw's oh well... when i do the back ill make sure to get pics.

and the final product.

will get better pics when i can, and also the back still needs to come down(havent installed the kws in the back yet )

Comment

OH DAMN!

-Aron

Comment

I think the side skirts would look way better with a coat of black on them.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

I just don't know....

Originally posted by Kielan
                            Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

^for real. im really not sure. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X