• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice blown shocks.
    Legit.

Comment

Originally posted by nickskater09 View Post
      I've decided to buy a good set of lowering springs for daily use, then take the stock springs and cut them as low as (reasonably) possible for shows and fun. Whenever I've got a show or meet weekend coming up, just throw on the low lows. Anybody think this is a good or bad idea from a mechanical standpoint?
      Wait, so you want to throw the stock springs back on for shows?
      good luck with that. Its gonna be such a pain in the ass to change springs just for a show. Plus your alignment is gonna be way off every time to swap them out. Its kind of impractical doing that. I suggest just do it proper and just get an adjustable suspension. Its gonna save you so many headaches. besides if you get lowering springs, dont you think you should get shocks too? Your stock ones WILL blow since they will always be compressed more and have less travel with the lowering, unless youre gonna shorten them too.

I know you want the stance badly cause it was killing me too, but i decided to wait and get some coils so I dont end up spending money on something that would take me steps back.

What part of ATL do you live in anyway? Ive seen you at C&O a few times. Im riding on JOM coils on my e30 and im sitting lower than you want to be at. I havent had any problems. Sure I scrape on speed bumps every now and then, but thats it. no problems. Im actually thinking about adjusting them even lower.
      Last edited by TonyG; 04-09-2012, 07:34 AM.
      "Blessed are they, the lowly ones"

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGang View Post
        Runningpanda on here only had 2 coils all around on his e28, stock suspension. Got Splits? Now has the car.
        every time it's brought up it has less and less coils.

i remember it being 4. then 3, now its 2, but now it's bagged

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by TonyG View Post
          Wait, so you want to throw the stock springs back on for shows?
          good luck with that. Its gonna be such a pain in the ass to change springs just for a show..

Takes me like 20 minutes, to swap out springs.... thats with jacking the car up.

raise car air gun top strut nut push down on knuckle pull spring out new one in...

cut springs is awesome! I like my new shortened rabbit set up to, but for the price, cut springs is the buisness.
          "on our way back i hit a bump and both of the springs slip off of their seats and slashed both of my front tires."

-Dane M

If your not doing this, your doing it wrong.

Comment

On a side note i watched a video on vimeo were a guy is talking about his suspension, which was a cut coil out of someother pos and pepboys spacers for a pick up truck. at first i was like holy hell, then i was like if thats what makes him happy, fuck it. i don't have to drive it and it does look good in pictures.

be a game changer take the springs out ride around with your shocks bottomed out, like a boss.

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Funtington View Post
              Takes me like 20 minutes, to swap out springs.... thats with jacking the car up.

raise car air gun top strut nut push down on knuckle pull spring out new one in...

cut springs is awesome! I like my new shortened rabbit set up to, but for the price, cut springs is the buisness.
              I guess im too lazy and decided to go with coils
              "Blessed are they, the lowly ones"

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
                On a side note i watched a video on vimeo were a guy is talking about his suspension, which was a cut coil out of someother pos and pepboys spacers for a pick up truck. at first i was like holy hell, then i was like if thats what makes him happy, fuck it. i don't have to drive it and it does look good in pictures.

be a game changer take the springs out ride around with your shocks bottomed out, like a boss.

This! You would be infamous. Ill send you my spare stanceworks lp frame

Comment

Working...
                X