Igor: The Destruction of an e28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Igor: The Destruction of an e28

Stanceworks is quickly becoming my new favorite forum so I may as well move my built thread here.

Alittle about me:
    My name is Alex, I'm 21 and live in Bend Or.
    I've had 2 cars before I got my e28.
    My first car was a mk4 that went with me through hell and back. I regret selling it everyday. If anyone sees it let me know, although I'm certain it's violated and left in a ditch like my hopes and dreams.

After that I got an s13

And my wifes car:

It just makes me miss my mk4

I've got a solid love of low cars, simple styling and getting sideways.
    Now that I've littered my first post with cars that are not the e28....

The first few posts will be cross posted from local forums and such:

It's a 528e with an m20 with 230k miles. Most everything works, the seats are ripped and it blew no smoke until a day after I took it home. Probably the reverse entries during the test drive, nbd.

I cut some spring, they were nice sport springs too so the ride will be nicer. Said Alpine or All pina something I forget...who knows. Something ebay I'm sure. Anyway..

Pillaged and raped a fellow bmw for their borbets, yeah they're pretty hard: 17x7.

Had to give them back.

Got some Bmw Roadstars from a delightful seller here on stanceworks. z3 m, Rear size all around, 17x9 et8.

Painted the new jawns gold, I liked it at first. Now I do not. Too dark maybe, or they're just filthy and the tires are popped, maybe that's why.

I've since turned them back to silver.

Cut more spring

Rolled the fenders, did some rubbing, pulled the fenders, rubbed more and repeated about 5 times until finally the tire blew out.

Then as I was minding my own business reading cat books and twilight in Barnes and Noble, someone backed their truck into my fender.

I traded my 240 for cash + an SR so I had a bloody awesome japanese heart to put in it.
    Dreams of grander.

But people found out, and when people find out I have things, they get jealous and want my shit.
    So they bought that from me.

So I got an m30. It doesn't have the sex appeal of the sr, but it does have 60-70 more hp them my m20 and such so it will get sideways. That's all I want. And a spotless bay.
    The e23 it came from has since been scraped. Got the engine and all the do-bobs for a benji.

The m30 was filthy. I cleaned it. It sucked

Also, I started to drain the oil and let it seeeeeep while I went to a cars and coffee, when I came back the engine had slowly tipped upside down on the stand and covered my entire garage in oil. Someone must have snuck in and loosened the bolt, what a lose dick scoundrel.

Took the stupid fan off. Those are so dumb.

A smart person would rebuilt it.

NOT IF THEY ARE POOR.
    These engines go forever!

Bonus picture:

Thanks to Spencer you filthy clutch kicking titwank.

Gonna probably never fix the fender because I'm lazy. It's "hoodride" now, that's cool right?

But I am going to fix my bottomed out struts and make rinkydink coilovers.
    Like this probably:

or this, but with springs duh
    Last edited by willis; 01-18-2012, 06:43 PM.

Very nice set of cars. Love the s13
    Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
    Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

Love you, Alex.
      IG: ossiep

Comment

Continued to turn my engine into a disaster

I don't like bmw knabs, so with the quick help of my friend Dave, we sawzall'd the old bmw shifter off at the base. And magically, bmw headstuds are 12x1.25. Which is the same thread size and pitch as my bubble shifter from my 240. Welded that sucker on at a nice ergonomic angle.

I love it. Jdm all day.

I also removed all of the center console plastics and painted them black as you can see in the previous picture. Half were cream and half were black, now they're all black. I also cleaned the heater fans/turbines that are under the radio. Cleaned all the vents and vacuumed.

Oh, I also fixed the flashing check engine caution light on my gauge cluster. And by fix it I mean removed the bulb.

A few days ago I got bored and cut up a vlavo bumper and put it on the car, then cut it some more. Then stopped.

This is a horrible picture that really doesn't show it at all. It looks a bit like an old rabbit duckbill lip, but longer and crappy because I made it.

Then took it to the mountain, it was pretty sketchy. Especially because it's only running on 5 cylinders. See below. Mainly sketchy though because I put the 17x9s with bald tires on the front the day before not expecting a trip to the mountain. They bump steer and vibrate realllllllly really really bad. Notice I said "really bad"

Got a wild hair and decided to pull it in the garage after snowboarding, wanted to go ahead and break in the lip by ripping it off on my garage entrance. Replaced the spark plugs. Swell.

I liked my reverse rake but I didn't looove my reverse rake. So made up some fancy unfancy coilovers in the rear with some coil sleeves.

At least the rear is adjustable.

And and and I picked up some 17 bmw steelies, they fit, but just barely foul the front struts. It would probably self clearance but I'll get spacers. Unless someone wants them because I'm not sure about them.

These are for sale btw, if anyone is interested PM me.
        Last edited by willis; 11-25-2013, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I want that e28 sideways. Now.

Comment

I traded wheels with my friend Hall for a week or so, I've always wanted to see how meshies look on the car. I wish they were 17x10 though!

My friend Dave (he has a build thread around here somewhere, blue e21 with a rotary swab) fabbed up an exhaust for me because the current exhaust was slip on and came of at 3 out of 5 driveways. It's straight pipe back besides a small resonator and cat. It sounds real swell, nice and subtle.

Finally broke down and purchased new tires for the first time in like 2 years. It's hard getting free tires from tire shop dumpsters for you drift car then having to break down and actually buy tires

Also splurged for a momo hub so I could mount up the wheel from my 240. It's been sitting in my back seat haunting me for months. And installed a stereo so that's nice to have music.

Bonus pictures:

Last edited by willis; 01-18-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Quit bitchin about how you miss your mk4. Either do something about it or shut the hell up. No one want to hear you whine.
              Volvo Build Thread
              Bmw Build Thread
              Toyota Build Thread
              zanebonk instagram
              Tumblrrrr

Comment

I remember seeing the Gold mk4 at the show n' shine a few years ago. It was very well done.

Also remember talking to you guys at the Fit Garage booth at Tailored. Thanks for the stickers!

By the way, need more pictures of this little adventure:

Comment

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
                  Quit bitchin about how you miss your mk4. Either do something about it or shut the hell up. No one want to hear you whine.
                  Hey Zane, I love you.

Comment

Wow the word "Jawn" has made its way to Oregon lmao we have been saying that on the east coast since my freshman year of High School Haha

But anyway all of your cars are gorgeous man, you have put in excellent work dude!
                    Instagram @stayclassy_

Comment

I blame vwvortex, circa 2008 for that phrase.

Thanks for the compliment.

Comment

makes me want one!

Comment

I want videos of the aforementioned sliding of the e28 NOW!!

p.s. you should have kept the SR

Comment

Love what your doing. Don't like the steering wheel, need a nardi classic all the same keep it up!!!
                            Instagram @vave_dirgo

Comment

I am a little upset this thread has ended. Keep us updated. It looks awesome so far

Comment

Working...
                              X