No announcement yet.

Ford Phokus...WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your keeping it, wrap that thing! do something cool with the wrap, new color, new finish or something!
    love the car, you do great DIY work, I respect that

Comment

keep this!!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

You better not sell it!

Comment

Haha. Cheers guys. Well, we'll see what happens after Christmas

Click for the Phokus Build Thread

Comment

Your car is so well executed. Getting rid of it would be so sad, but I know how it feels to want to move on, haha. I'm sure if you get something new it'll be just as sick!

DSC02796 by DruMurda, on Flickr

Comment

Cheers dude. I was actually thinking if I moved on about not going down the stance route. Well, I've got a few things I need to get sorted too if I keep it. There's a bit of a clunking noise when turning the steering wheel so don't know if its top mounts, steering rack or worse. Engine is also stuttering a bit which I've been told is an inlet manifold pipe which is not expensive but a pain in the ass.

Comment

Well well, I always thought Cardiff Uni/police station would make a good place for a shoot!

You know Ash Morrell dont you?

Comment

Originally posted by Chapman View Post
                  Well well, I always thought Cardiff Uni/police station would make a good place for a shoot!

You know Ash Morrell dont you?
                  Yeah its a great location round there, especially in the evening when nice and quiet.

Yeah I know Ash. Bit mental but a good lad

Comment

Tell me about it, went to magaluf with him twice!

Car looks good, no number plates ftw!

Comment

wrap it black and plasti dip a set of NUEs orange.

Comment

Think that's a bit overkill but thanks for the suggestion lol. Rather keep it clean. Thought about wrapping it, but I think I'd prefer paint (if I did re-paint it). I do love the current colour though

Comment

Originally posted by JonD View Post
                          Cheers dude. I was actually thinking if I moved on about not going down the stance route. Well, I've got a few things I need to get sorted too if I keep it. There's a bit of a clunking noise when turning the steering wheel so don't know if its top mounts, steering rack or worse. Engine is also stuttering a bit which I've been told is an inlet manifold pipe which is not expensive but a pain in the ass.
                          That clunking might be the bearing in the top strut mount, or possibly the ball joints.. Those two always crap out when we slam our cars..haha

DSC02796 by DruMurda, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JonD View Post
                            Think that's a bit overkill but thanks for the suggestion lol. Rather keep it clean. Thought about wrapping it, but I think I'd prefer paint (if I did re-paint it). I do love the current colour though
                            Keep the color and fully polish/ polish lip and paint faces. IMO that would freshen up the look, also maybe a lil spacer for an aggressive fitment

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Cheers dude. Colour is staying for sure. I did have 5mm spacers on the fronts before but took them off as they were catching the arch whenever I hit a bump lol. If I go down the route, the car will be with custom adaptors which will push the wheels out anyway

Originally posted by ST33zn View Post
                              That clunking might be the bearing in the top strut mount, or possibly the ball joints.. Those two always crap out when we slam our cars..haha
                              Thanks. Gonna take it to a garage soon and get it looked over I think, in case its something that's likely to do real damage.

Comment

not bad, looks familiar in a way a lot of Jetter's might see.

solid work so far!
                                96 Lexus LS400 Airred out on Ordens
                                88 930 - 500+hp, canned on K18R's "the Porker"
                                00 V6 Focus - slammed on RS's "the V6Mistake" **SOLD**

by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X