Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting 2 piece to 3 piece wheels. can be done ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting 2 piece to 3 piece wheels. can be done ?

hi

i have a set of OZ Mito 2 piece 17x8. I thought about possibilities to change that to 17x9 ou 17x10. I'm wondering if these could be converted to 3 piece wheels?

this is the wheel:

Cutting off the lip of the original barrel, leaving just the back
    with bolt holes (to look like the inner barrel of the picture below)
    and buy 4 lips that fits in the barrel.

can be done ?

Sorry for my english.

the thread DIRECTLY below this one, http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25651

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi guys replying here. Since I cannot post a new thread due to forum rules.

Recently I got hold of Work euroline wheels for a steal deal. Althougb They need refurbishment
        Also they are 8.5j and 9j.

Now I was thinking anybody have converted these particular model to 3 piece. If so that will be great. As I can make it a set of 9j and 10j by changing lips plus powdercoating and repolishing lips will be easy.

I can't really get another true 3 piece setup as tmainly they are very rare in my country and for importing ,shipping and huge custom charges makes the cost really high. Plus I have good access to powder coating and machine shops. So restoring them makes a good sense.
        Any ideas?

Comment

Ok guys so I found out, they are basically a single piece setup although called as 2 piece setup as face & barrel as one piece and lip asanother but thats basically welded up so if I machine cut it I am not gonna get any good unlike other two piece wheel where faces are one piece and barrel and lip as one.

Now the last option is if I just cut off face out of it and basically discard barrel and lip in the process. Then I get another lips and barrel as per my size requirements and bolt on this face. It will be a unique rare setup but rare enough to justify the cost??

Comment

Originally posted by mayurhuria View Post
            Ok guys so I found out, they are basically a single piece setup although called as 2 piece setup as face & barrel as one piece and lip asanother but thats basically welded up so if I machine cut it I am not gonna get any good unlike other two piece wheel where faces are one piece and barrel and lip as one.

Now the last option is if I just cut off face out of it and basically discard barrel and lip in the process. Then I get another lips and barrel as per my size requirements and bolt on this face. It will be a unique rare setup but rare enough to justify the cost??
            Im in the same boat as you with my AMG Aero II.

From my research, you have 2 options

1) remove the face and order new barrels and lips
            2) cut off the lip and weld the new lip in and re-install the face. This is the way im going to do it on my AMG Aero II

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire980 View Post
              Im in the same boat as you with my AMG Aero II.

From my research, you have 2 options

1) remove the face and order new barrels and lips
              2) cut off the lip and weld the new lip in and re-install the face. This is the way im going to do it on my AMG Aero II
              Hi
              amg aero ll are still better as the face is removable. So what you can do is unbolt face, cut off the lip and get required size lip that has hole pattern to that amg face and barell. Bolt on and seal it off.

In my case, its called 2 piece but its actually a 1 piece.
              So have to cut faces off and get new barell and lips. That will add to cost but lets see🙂

Comment

I read and wonder, that you were able to implement this)))

Comment

I never updated this!

Comment

Working...
                  X