Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Can I get new barrels?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default Can I get new barrels?

    I have bbs aero ii wheels that are 8.5 inches and 2 piece. I would love to get the back out to a 10 in barrel. Is it possible to find a different barrel for these? They are the 20 bolt setup so I would imagine that they could be put onto a different barrel. Any input offered would be really appreciated. As of right now they are up for trade, but if I could find some way to make this work I would rethink that

    Thanks Y'all

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    607

    Default

    no. if its 2 pieces your lip and barrel are one piece. you can make a custom 3pc out of them but it will cost you a lot.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
    no. if its 2 pieces your lip and barrel are one piece. you can make a custom 3pc out of them but it will cost you a lot.
    Right, I know that the barrels are worthless, but any idea how much it would cost to get the custom barrels done? I mean its only 2 wheels, how expensive can it be

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    607

    Default

    for 2 barrels, 2 lips, and all new hardware... 1500 bucks maybe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    8,008

    Default

    Speak to Rotiform and see what they can offer you

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Oddly enough i sent rotiform an email saying almost exactly this. they sent me back a reply saying only "no". Not sure what they hell that was about

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanl2353 View Post
    Oddly enough i sent rotiform an email saying almost exactly this. they sent me back a reply saying only "no". Not sure what they hell that was about
    They have shitty customer service and shitty prices. That's what that was about.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCJodon View Post
    They have shitty customer service and shitty prices. That's what that was about.
    That explains it. I have tried to deal with them before too, not a great experience. Too bad, they are pretty much the only wheel company doing something new these days.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanl2353 View Post
    That explains it. I have tried to deal with them before too, not a great experience. Too bad, they are pretty much the only wheel company doing something new these days.
    Don't get me wrong, I love their wheels. But shit, they need to get their act together and the ego off their back.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Is there anybody else that would do this? Surely Rotiform cant be the only one in the country equipped to put a set of wheels together...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    917

    Default

    memoryfab

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCJodon View Post
    memoryfab
    Sent em an email, thanks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    memory fab got back quickly and with some good info. Looks like they can weld the faces to a larger barrel for 350 each, or provide me with a lip and inner for 500. Hats off to memoryfab

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanl2353 View Post
    memory fab got back quickly and with some good info. Looks like they can weld the faces to a larger barrel for 350 each, or provide me with a lip and inner for 500. Hats off to memoryfab
    That's how a company does business. Effort, quick response, and justifications for their answers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,489

    Default

    memory fab is good peoples.

    vr also had a set of lips/barrels to run all 4 aero II's as 3 piece.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    607

    Default

    yea memoryfab is great i have heard nothing but good things about them and have suggested a few people to go there with good results!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
    memory fab is good peoples.

    vr also had a set of lips/barrels to run all 4 aero II's as 3 piece.
    How did they look? Do you have a picture?

    This is a pic they sent me. What do you guys think


  18. #18

    Default

    try wheelflip

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiegosAnotherR1 View Post
    try wheelflip
    sent them an email too, but damn why does everything have to be in cali!!!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    89

    Default

    haha I'll talk to my boy, he sent his BBS' some where to be widened. He's on here but I have no idea what his s/n is.
    $W∆G

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teeceRS View Post
    haha I'll talk to my boy, he sent his BBS' some where to be widened. He's on here but I have no idea what his s/n is.
    yea man i'd appreciate it. quoted at about $1000 for the cheapest, any other leads would be awesome.

    Also, if anybody knows where i can pick up a cheap set of oz aero iii's, it would be bitchin

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,489

  23. #23

    Default

    i have a set of OZ Mito 2 piece 17x8. I thought about possibilities to change that to 17x9 ou 17x10.

    this is the wheel:

    If i cut off the lip of the original barrel, leaving just the back
    with bolt holes (to look like the inner barrel of the picture below)
    and buy 4 lips that fits in the barrel. Instead buying the inner barrel too. Can be done ?


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
    Holy shit this is a sweet find! Im sending them an email right now to get the deets

    Guspreiss, that sounds like something that probably wouldnt make sense to do. It would be far cheaper to take off the face and put it on a wider barrel.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    66

    Default

    yea vr wheels has a whole 3 piece conversion kit for 1200. doesn't seem too bad, plus il have my stock barrels leftover still

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •