IntroDoucin tha 71' Bavaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rickysbmw320i View Post
    It wont be there for B'fest! but, next year for sure! whats left to do?
    Attach 5 or 6 wires
    find water hoses that will fit
    set up the throttle linkage
    find the main power relay, and thats about it....
    -Rick
    That was in May, tis December. Updaaaaates?

Comment

• Yes, updates? I just read the whole thread, this thing looks sick.

Comment

• Just. Wow.

Comment

• Well shit, I did an update yesterday but I guess it didn't go through. Either way it has almost been a year since this thing was on the road. The engine was put in and after a couple hours of wiring and little things, It fired right up. Nothing like the sound of a m30b35 with long tube headers, and a 15lb flywheel. Gets me all tingly inside.

So for awhile I had no job, no work, bad back, and all kinds of terrible things going on so the project was put on hold.
          I also had to pick up this bad boy for the time being.

And then to make things worse, the landlord got on my case about the car being worked on and i guess the city complained. So I brought it to a custom bmw shop to do the finishing touches. He is installing my coilovers, doing the power steering pump and alt rebuild. I have been refinishing the wheels and have been doing small projects like the center console. Here are a couple of pictures to hold you folks over.

I now have a good job and am back on my feet. The car WILL be on the road before christmas. That is all i want from santa.

cheers,
          Rick

Comment

• this makes me happy... Thanks for the update Rick... good to see the Bav project still going strong!

Comment

• cool build, love the interior & the console is tits!

Comment

• Awesome Bavaria! Everytime I bitch about my working on my car, not having enough light, cant find the right part, cant do this, cant do that.....I read this thread and it gives me the inspiration I need to finish. Its crazy how rare these cars are but there are 3 on this site. lol. When all of our cars are done we need to meet up somewhere and it will be EPIC. What coilovers are those? Any specs? Good luck on the build, man. Hope to see this thing soon.

Comment

• This is Sick

I´ve never seen one of those before

Comment

• This is a really really good thread.

Comment

• Well, It is not on the road just yet, been working on these bad boys.
                      Needs tires, center cap finished, and bolts from Germany to ship.
                      sneak peek...

Comment

• This thread is so RAD! love the story and want to see more. This is a car that you will talk about forever. Can't wait to see her sitting pretty. Keep the pics coming.
                        Girls with tattoos make me happy.

Comment

• beautiful wheels
                          drugstoreviewer.com

Comment

• can't wait to see them on the car, looks great
                            S50

Comment

• Amazing story, amazing car! I couldn't imagine having to go through all that, but hey the car has more character now then most people can say about theirs.

Comment

• glad this is coming together!

nice ww evo in the background

Comment

Working...
                                X