No announcement yet.

Let's bag an E30 Touring then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BYRON - I'm sure you're just the man I need to speak with about this project!!
    I've just spent the afternoon in my workshop, sliced off the spring locating bobbles, and made some plates to attach the bags straight to the spring mounting discs on the car. (not quite finished yet)

I'm going with an 80mm gap between the spring plates, aired out, as that is the height of the bags I have - with no air in and me standing on them on the workshop floor!!

I've rigged up the car temporarily with the 80mm gap set - no bag installed yet.

[/IMG]

I will be changing the wheels and tyres at some point, but this will be the aired out height.

Byron - I'm guessing the black E30 picture in your posting belongs to you?? Can you give me some info on the suspension and wheel sizes please?

Comment

Noice!
      Bri

Respect Existence or Expect Resistance - AoF

VW <3

Comment

Without completely redesigning the trailing arm or the car itself, it looks like that's the lowest you're going to get out back with those bags. The shortest bags I know of are still 2.7" when fully compressed, so they would only get you another 1/2".

Rather then making plates between the bag and the TA, I'd just bolt them directly to it. All the plates are going to do is make the back even higher. Mike (white325is) has a good writeup on what to do here.

My car is static so that won't help you much, I'm on 16's too though.

Comment

Working...
        X