Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed !

Hi guys,

I'm really keen on photograph and really want to achieve the clean cut images alot of you seem to be producing , can any of you please help me to achieve this clarity as im fairly new to chooting in fully manual, also i'd like to know how to produce a rolling shoot so any help in that area would be gratly appreciated

Here is a link to my current work, you may also be interested in a few of the cars over here ( guernsey channel islands by the way)

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Regards

JAC

anyone ??.... please ???

Comment

You should check out a small photo facebook forum a few of my friends started... LensWhores... Just a place to talk about your work, share your photos and learn tips and tricks from all the photographers... No ****** allowed just professional opinions and a good group of people!

Comment

What exactly are you having trouble with?

Post up a few of your images in this thread, and a few examples of what you're looking to achieve. If it's sharpness, that's a combo of camera stability, lens choice, and post processing.
        StatusRacing.com
        Configure YOUR Seat Here
        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
        Email: sales@statusracing.com
        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Thanks for a reply on the facebook front, here are a few of my images....

I just want the realy sharp images everyone seems to be creating, i think it'd be best for people to give me opinions based on these images as i dont really know what to do to improve hence the thread :P, so here tare some images

and i've no idea how to create a rolling shot so could someone please explain to me how this works ..

Regards

Jac

Comment

are you shooting in RAW?

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
              Thanks for a reply on the facebook front, here are a few of my images....

I just want the realy sharp images everyone seems to be creating, i think it'd be best for people to give me opinions based on these images as i dont really know what to do to improve hence the thread :P, so here tare some images

and i've no idea how to create a rolling shot so could someone please explain to me how this works ..

Regards

Jac
              If sharpness is your only worry right now, then here's some suggestions:
              • Choose the right shutter speed for what you're trying to do. Use the fastest shutter speed possible. The less time the shutter is open, the less time camera shake can blur the shot.
              • Use a GOOD camera support system if you can't use a shutter speed above like 1/100, you need to stabilize the camera. Use a GOOD tripod and a GOOD head. Do NOT skimp here... You'll only spend more money when you realize you cheaped out the 1st time around. Plan on spending at least $300 for a tripod and head and that's the low end. For low-level stuff, set the camera on a bean bag.
              • Practice holding the camera steady. When you're shooting hand held and want the sharpest shot possible, take a slow deep breath and squeeze the shutter button right when you start exhaling. Sniper style
              • Lens choice is CRUCIAL! Read reviews on lenses, Look at EXIF data for shots you like the look of. Buy good lenses and you'll be about 10x better off. Prices are steep, but if you're chasing the sharpest shots possible you gotta drop some cash here.
              • Learn how to properly sharpen your shots. I've got a few techniques I use but they're a bit lengthy to post here right now. If I have time tonight I'll post from home.
                • Here's some shots I've taken and I'm semi-happy with the sharpness.

Another thing I noticed is that you're using Photobucket... Bad idea. Every online photo host is going to compress your image file which causes loss in sharpness. Some are worse than others. Imageshack and Photobucket are pretty bad. flickr is the best as far as I know. For ultimate sharpness, rent some FTP space from someone and host your shots there. That's a bit extreme though; flickr is good enough.
              StatusRacing.com
              Configure YOUR Seat Here
              Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by kbahl21 View Post
                are you shooting in RAW?
                d'oh, totally forgot about that. I assumed you were. Shoot in RAW for sure. What camera are you working with?
                StatusRacing.com
                Configure YOUR Seat Here
                Fan us on Facebook

Comment

cheers for the advice !!!, im shooting with an Olympus E500, canon 550D and cannon 100D, just started shooting in RAW... can you recoomend me some lenses for vehicle photography, i really struggle understanding lens jargon ... cheers !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jac View Post
                    cheers for the advice !!!, im shooting with an Olympus E500, canon 550D and cannon 100D, just started shooting in RAW... can you recoomend me some lenses for vehicle photography, i really struggle understanding lens jargon ... cheers !!!!
                    "Teach a man to fish, feed him for life."

I'd rather help you understand the lens jargon I'm not too great with Canon lenses but I'll share what I do know. 1st off, in the USA/N. America, the 550D is called the T2i. Pretty popular camera, and capable for your needs. It uses Canon EF / EF-S lenses. This is the "mount." Canon lenses come in 2 varieties... standard and "L" series. The L series have a red stripe around them, near the front element and are the cream of the crop.

Focal length is the "length" of the lens. Nothing to do with physical size, but there is some correlation. The smalelr the number, the wider you can see. a 200mm lens is a "telephoto" or "zoom" lens. A 12mm lens is an Ultra Wide Angle.

Aperture / f stop (same thing, different name) is a representation of how big the aperture blades can open on that particular lens. The lower the number, the bigger they open. Low aperture is good for low light situations and this is what gives you the nice smooth creamy out of focus backgrounds.

Anything else, just ask. If you don't get an answer in this thread after a day or two, PM me. Also, check out the Photography on The Net forums. Tons of general photo info there.
                    StatusRacing.com
                    Configure YOUR Seat Here
                    Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by fugotti View Post
                      You should check out a small photo facebook forum a few of my friends started... LensWhores... Just a place to talk about your work, share your photos and learn tips and tricks from all the photographers... No ****** allowed just professional opinions and a good group of people!
                      Just sent a request to join your group on FB.
                      FlickHer
                      ^^Click ME!^^

Comment

Working...
                      X