No announcement yet.

Racelands anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a feature on SN is a joke anyway and you completely missed the point of what Sean said, but whatever.

BTW coilovers are static too.

I live in an area where we see snow, and I know the last thing I want is to have some shitty fucking coilovers that are going to get corroded and destroyed by salt and sand over the winter. I also want something that will last more than 3 months. Anyone who is seriously trying to say that racelands are a quality coilover should probably stop modifying cars.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Getting a feature on SN is a joke anyway and you completely missed the point of what Sean said, but whatever.

BTW coilovers are static too.

I live in an area where we see snow, and I know the last thing I want is to have some shitty fucking coilovers that are going to get corroded and destroyed by salt and sand over the winter. I also want something that will last more than 3 months. Anyone who is seriously trying to say that racelands are a quality coilover should probably stop modifying cars.
      When did you own a set?

1st- Kielan, I knew it was a joke.
      2nd- OK. people are going to buy them irregardless of what you, me, Sean or anyone else thinks of them.
      3rd- I've built everything from your everday Civic to your not-so-everyday Bentley. I can build cars much more precise than you.... (ask me how I know) and not always (yes NOT always) are expensive parts= best quality.
      4th- I know what static is, i didn't want anyone to think I had bags or Hydros prior to.

I never said RaceLand was the best. Affordable, yes.... Best-No.

And BTW, Mine have 0 rust and NO corrosion. I have people around me now, with high dollar suspensions that are looking worse than mine. Which, by the way.... If you take care of your car, you probably WON'T and shouldn't have corrosion on anything. Just a thought.

And a sample of my work for reference:
      Last edited by Okin; 12-07-2011, 02:29 PM.

Originally posted by Zic
      i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

i agree any coilover is subject to catastrophic failure but warranties and replacement programs are ALOT of what you pay for. lifetime warranties, 3 year warranties, 100 dollar replacement dampers and the ability to rebuild them for close to nothing, customer service etc etc

another thing i wanna bring up is that whether you believe it or not the chances of that happening to quality coil is scarce. it HAS happened but i bet it will happen to a RL before a GC unit. thats all speculation so ill get in to facts...

the outer appearance of a strut is no indication of quality internals or welding. that just shows you clean your wheel wells. ive seen rusted to shit and seized fk's, pss9 and konis have to be adjusted with a air hammer still perform like the initial installation.

ive ridden in RL equipped cars from many makes and i will say that if they aren't slammed they ride well enough to the point that i forget its on RL's. the problem is that if you arent slammed a cup kit will ride infinitely better than a RL and get the perks i discussed earlier about warranties, rebuilding and what not for roughly the same price. not to mention peace of mind

we can all agree they ride like ass when slammed. spring rates, the springs themselves and adjusters are garbage compared to the still not great BC coils. if bc uses a 46 MM internal piston and, Fortune auto and ast start at 51mm pistons and get close to 60mm for their higher end stuff i cant imagine what tiny pistons RL uses cause they wont even disclose that info. same thing down to the thickness and amount of grommets used inside the damper. when you combine tiny pistons and one small regular grommet, no travel and inferior materials to fill the shock it will blow faster under the same conditions...thats a fact.

so if there are options that ride better while moderately low with better post purchase benefits for roughly the same price it makes the RL obsolete to a logical mind. if you want to slam the car and have it ride like complete garbage and couldn't care less about banging fenders, wheel lips, bumper lips and potential under carriage dame age like sub frame, sways, fuel filters, oil pans etc then fuck it go for it. just know you are no enthusiast and have down graded the quality of your car just to look cool. in my book and the book of any professional thats being a tool or naively mis informed.

sticky that shit

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          i agree any coilover is subject to catastrophic failure but warranties and replacement programs are ALOT of what you pay for. lifetime warranties, 3 year warranties, 100 dollar replacement dampers and the ability to rebuild them for close to nothing, customer service etc etc

another thing i wanna bring up is that whether you believe it or not the chances of that happening to quality coil is scarce. it HAS happened but i bet it will happen to a RL before a GC unit. thats all speculation so ill get in to facts...

the outer appearance of a strut is no indication of quality internals or welding. that just shows you clean your wheel wells. ive seen rusted to shit and seized fk's, pss9 and konis have to be adjusted with a air hammer still perform like the initial installation.

ive ridden in RL equipped cars from many makes and i will say that if they aren't slammed they ride well enough to the point that i forget its on RL's. the problem is that if you arent slammed a cup kit will ride infinitely better than a RL and get the perks i discussed earlier about warranties, rebuilding and what not for roughly the same price. not to mention peace of mind

we can all agree they ride like ass when slammed. spring rates, the springs themselves and adjusters are garbage compared to the still not great BC coils. if bc uses a 46 MM internal piston and, Fortune auto and ast start at 51mm pistons and get close to 60mm for their higher end stuff i cant imagine what tiny pistons RL uses cause they wont even disclose that info. same thing down to the thickness and amount of grommets used inside the damper. when you combine tiny pistons and one small regular grommet, no travel and inferior materials to fill the shock it will blow faster under the same conditions...thats a fact.

so if there are options that ride better while moderately low with better post purchase benefits for roughly the same price it makes the RL obsolete to a logical mind. if you want to slam the car and have it ride like complete garbage and couldn't care less about banging fenders, wheel lips, bumper lips and potential under carriage dame age like sub frame, sways, fuel filters, oil pans etc then fuck it go for it. just know you are no enthusiast and have down graded the quality of your car just to look cool. in my book and the book of any professional thats being a tool or naively mis informed.

sticky that shit
          You made me feel stupid!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by Okin View Post
            And a sample of my work for reference:
            Looks like you work in a panel shop...... Not sure what that has to do with suspesnsion components.

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
            You made me feel stupid!
            You kinda made yourself look stupid. ZC coilovers are one of the best coilovers I have ever experienced. When Mike took me for a drive in his e36, I was speechless and amazed at how well it rode/handled considering how low the car sat. I would find it highly unlikely that there is a better coilover for the application we use them for in this community.

cut springs > Racelands.

A factory shock piston would last decades longer then a RL one.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
              You kinda made yourself look stupid.

You = Fail.
              Last edited by PavelK313; 12-07-2011, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

Looks like you work in a panel shop...... Not sure what that has to do with suspesnsion components.

You kinda made yourself look stupid. ZC coilovers are one of the best coilovers I have ever experienced. When Mike took me for a drive in his e36, I was speechless and amazed at how well it rode/handled considering how low the car sat. I would find it highly unlikely that there is a better coilover for the application we use them for in this community.

cut springs > Racelands.

A factory shock piston would last decades longer then a RL one.
                  I think hes saying that he can paint shock bodies too
                  Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Comment

Comment

And heres a sample of my work, just for reference

Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          And heres a sample of my work, just for reference

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I really can't say much since I'm on Rokkor's but after 6 months of being low then 6 months of being slammed to fuck, they haven't blown and they still ride pretty good and yes I've been in hundreds of cars with quality coils.

Bunch of people here on S|W I met up with at H2Oi rode in my car and when I told them I was on Rokkors they were completely shocked lol

I'm not siding with Racelands/Rokkors at all, if I was keeping the car they'd be out in a heartbeat (Jazzy knows that )...but for the time I've had them and the time being they haven't been trouble haha

And what Jesus said is truth.
                            Last edited by Khalil; 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM.
                            I dislike Byron.

Comment

Touche' Ox.... Got me there, but it was more to back up this statement I made earlier:

Originally posted by Okin View Post

Yes, I have been on many suspensions before and installed and removed many as well, and do alot of R&D (Research and Development) for track/Street and Show cars. I do know what I'm doing (Been doing this since '87) and have driven my car hard.

And that's only 1 part of what I do. There's a "Lab" that is not in that pic, as well as another shop on the opposite side of town.

Jesus: That was a very good explanation for those who don't understand.

and I thank the Comedians in here for turning this into a show It was a "Kool Story Brah"
                              Last edited by Okin; 12-07-2011, 06:34 PM.

Originally posted by Zic
                              i think im gonna shoot my self soon. There are SO FREAKING many questions about the e36.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                                I've been in hundreds of cars with quality coils.

unlikely

Comment

Working...
                                X