This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rally View Post
    It's a bit soon to be making so many blind judgments. They haven't even released a price or list of functions yet... You're just looking at teaser pics.
    If it was a pink pony teaser pic they posted we would be talking about that!

I'm just talking about what I can see...there are no blind judgements. There was a question asked in the first paragraph: "what do you guys think?" I don't like fighting, this is purely my opinion of what is seen here.

(The costs I talked about would be pretty spot on with the technology they are using)
    [QUOTE=Oxer;1593769]I Love VW's[/QUOTE]

Comment

To be completely honest stu, What they have done with the iphone app is what most people who have thought about controlling an accuair system remotley want. At the end of the day the vu4 manifold is only a 3/8 system. In most cars it isnt exactly a "fast" set up, so the whole "inovation" of controlling the system doesnt need to be out of this world.

They have taken their system, which I might add is already advanced in the fact that the system can detect errors and show codes, and used the same interface which users are familiar with.

Anyone can create software and make a different interface, but what more is needed on an iphone?

Anything more then this would be overkill.
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

this app is exactly how I would want it to look. perfect and great useability

Comment

this is fucking awesome.

Bluetooth connectivity im assuming?

awesome for controlling the system when your not even in the car.

Imagine parking it on a busy street with cafes etc, sitting in one of the cafes, acting like youre messaging, when youre making the car dance. maaaaaaaaad

Comment

Yeh I understand that ox. Maybe my imagination runs to wild for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thestu View Post
              Yeh I understand that ox. Maybe my imagination runs to wild for everyone.
              You dont have accuair anyway lol.

You need a 1/2 inch system with tanks of nitrogen.
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

if you fill your tanks with helium, your car will float when you inflate the bags.
                Last edited by NegativeCamber; 11-09-2011, 05:24 PM.
                Originally posted by Kielan
                I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                  You dont have accuair anyway lol.

You need a 1/2 inch system with tanks of nitrogen.

WAH you on smack? yes I do ox

Yeh 1/2's are going in my buggggg.

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
                  if you fill your tanks with helium, you car will float when you inflate the bags.
                  This ^

Comment

even thought i already have the remotes for my e-level...prolly going to be getting this...one less thing to have attached to my keys
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

With regards to AccuAir "thinking more outside the box" lest we forget that this is a business. They have spent time, energy, and resources developing what is accepted as being an exceptional product. In this iPhone app they have simply amended their current system with additional functionality through an alternate, and VASTLY popular, control mechanism. There is no sense in spending the businesses time or resources re-creating the wheel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think we as enthusiasts can forget that a business does not have the flexibility to change style or presentation as quickly as we the individual can.

I personally like the idea, I like the fact that it correlates directly to what is currently offered in the system, and I would frown upon a mismatch just for the sake of something different. I don't see this as unimaginative, but properly functional. All the more reason that I'm saving for AccuAir! For all that I can see, and all I have heard, I love their products and the way they conduct business.

Comment

Originally posted by Thestu View Post
                        Surely you would make a better interface than that...its the same as the bloody switchspeed...Seems uselessss!
                        It makes perfect sense from a usability standpoint to keep the cotnrols as similar as possible to the current system. Also, from a branding/marketing side of things, as well.

If every VW had a different way of turning the headlights on, that'd get a bit frustrating, wouldn't it?
                        StatusRacing.com
                        Configure YOUR Seat Here
                        Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                        Email: sales@statusracing.com
                        Fan us on Facebook

Comment

AccuAir just posted up the official lowdown of the iLevel on their Facebook page. Here's the answers to a few of your questions: (quoted directly from AccuAir)

Its finally official... AccuAir Announces: “i-Level” App to be released in 2012!!!

AccuAir announced its “i-Level” app at last week's 2011 SEMA Show and yielded an overwhelming response. Scheduled for release in 2012, the "i-Level" app will give users full control over their Air Suspension System through a smart phone, iPad, or iPod touch. The app will be designed to look and operate very similar to the popular e-Level TouchPad interface, yet the iPhone and Android's vast capabilities will allow for expanded features limited only by YOUR imaginations. That's right, AccuAir has started their first-ever enthusiast-based Development Team to share thoughts, ideas, and suggestions for exactly how the “i-Level” app should look and perform.

AccuAir expects the “i-Level” app to be used alongside one of the existing hard-wired interfaces like the TouchPad or Rocker Switch, but a full feature-set and more is scheduled for the exciting new e-Level accessory. Some key features currently scheduled for the “i-Level” app are listed below:
                          - Down-loadable for FREE through the App Store.
                          - Utilizes WIFI to communicate with a new wireless receiver that will plug-n-play to the e-Level ECU.
                          - Primary app features will be compatible with all existing e-Level systems (some advanced app features may require a FREE ECU firmware update by AccuAir).

Primary “i-Level” app features:
                          - Select or save from the e-Level system's three automatic height settings.
                          - Manually adjust the height of all four corners of the vehicle.
                          - Select the e-Level's “All-Down” function for parking.
                          - Menu driven selection of e-Level system features.
                          - Menu driven system diagnostics with “push” notifications.

Proposed Advanced “i-Level” app features:
                          - Tank pressure display
                          - Compressor status display.
                          - Real-time vehicle height display (% of travel, or inches based on reference point)

The “i-Level” Development Team:
                          “We have had endless requests for this product which tells me that our user-base likely has many ideas for how they think the app should look and operate. Getting our users involved in the development process will guarantee that we create one app that meets everyone's needs.” Co-Owner, Reno Heon
                          Becoming a part of the elite development team requires first signing up here http://eepurl.com/g0wYj. Applicants will then receive a questionnaire by email. Responses will be judged and the most valuable applicants will become part of the “i-Level” Development Team. Members will get to vote on design decisions throughout the process, add comments related to the development, and have the opportunity to become part of the BETA Test Team in mid-2012.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Thinking well further ahead than I probably will ever achieve, will you ever be doing an iPad version of it? Would love to install one in the car one day and this would be awesome to adjust it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
                              Thinking well further ahead than I probably will ever achieve, will you ever be doing an iPad version of it? Would love to install one in the car one day and this would be awesome to adjust it with.
                              Did you even read the above post?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't even see there was a second page

Comment

Working...
                                X