MK5 on coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK5 on coils

I wanted to see mk5 GTI on coilovers. I have a set of FK's on mine i wanna see how low they really go. This will help me out thanks guys

Just a MK5 on coils? Here was mine, all the way down on B&Gs

Hitting the way back machine.

Comment

Oh another... MK5s are a pain in the ass to actually drive low, that's why most people went bags. You won't find that many people into fitment that aren't on bags anymore, it's pretty sad.

Comment

are you guys maxed out in the rear?
        yeah i noticed most people go with bags.

Comment

here's my GLI - FK silverlines - all the way down in front and back - helpers are still in, but if I don't go with "air" in spring, the helpers will come out

Air and Schmidts

Comment

which lip is that ?
            yeah i took my helpers out the ride is kind of bumpier but looks a lot better. i yet to do my rears ima max them down.

Comment

haha nice

I like them though, a lot

that is a Votex lip - it came off of a Reflex Silver MK5 GTi - and I got it right around the rain/cold stuff that started happening - so I didn't bother getting it painted yet - it will get painted for spring when I get my Votex sides and rear

I also got a set of wheels, and I'm looking for another one

come to think, I don't think I made a intro thread on here yet ... I'll do that in next few days
              Air and Schmidts

Comment

hey guys i wanted to ask if they are any other coils that would go lower then the FK's i have on.

Comment

Originally posted by maserat_E View Post
                  hey guys i wanted to ask if they are any other coils that would go lower then the FK's i have on.
                  H&R Ultralows and B&Gs. They don't necessarily go "lower," but go just as low with a better ride. FKs with helpers out will go pretty damn low.

Here's my wife's on H&R ULs.

Last edited by motocaddy; 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM.
                  025garage

Comment

I'm sorry to be hijacking this thread, but figured I'd rather do this than start a new thread. Will coilovers that fits a Golf MKV GTI fit a regular Golf MKV? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Matz View Post
                      I'm sorry to be hijacking this thread, but figured I'd rather do this than start a new thread. Will coilovers that fits a Golf MKV GTI fit a regular Golf MKV? :-)
                      yes. same for jettas, b6 passats, audi a3s (mkv chassis) and mk6 golfs/gtis.
                      025garage

Comment

Cool! Then I will be getting my first set of coilovers very shortly!

Comment

do it and post pictures up. i just rolled my fenders the other day its was sooo easy

Comment

should i get my frame notched?? would it be smart ?

Comment

IMO once you go notched you can't go back

so its a REAL commitment

a friend of mine stopped by the other day with H&R Ultralow's and his looked like it was lower, but was probably the same height - his car is white and mine is black - so his looks different just because of the color of the car itself

I've heard that about taking the helpers out before, I'll probably end up doing that in Spring

right now the debate is whether to raise the car for winter or not ... and "NOT" is winning by a longshot :lol:
                              Air and Schmidts

Comment

Working...
                              X