Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No matter what I do, it's still a Cavalier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aderro89 View Post
    nice cavalier bro. i own a 98 z24 so i love these cars haha. one guy was gunna put vette wheels on a cavalier but it fell through. i would love to see how this ends up.
    haha thanks dude - i saw that one car... looks like he jacked it up and set a wheel kinda in there without a tire and thats as far as he got?

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
    the only nice cavaleer I've seen in my life. There's that red one with the lip that's ok, but yours is amazing. I remember all the gay kids in highschool that used to have these cars. I can't believe you made one look good. And it's engine swapped and turbo'd, that's insane. Which engine is in it? Details on the turbo setup as well? Also can't wait to see it on the new wheels. I know that one cobally had his car on some Vette wheels and it came out looking sharp, so I know yours will as well.
    lol thanks dude

It's got an 04 ecotec engine in it, with turbotechracing polyurethane mounts.

Turbo is from a 03+ saab 9-3, as well as the manifold. running a 99 dollar front mount, a turboxs RFL and about 14-14.5lbs of boost. The charge pipes, downpipe and exhaust were all made by me and some buddies. ill post up some pics of the turbo junk in a bit

Ive had some stock sized take offs (205/55/16) tires laying around for a while just for whatever, and decided Id throw a pair on the vette wheels tonight. Not as much stretch as I'd hoped, but they came out half ass decent.

Mike (Euronut) convinced me we had better mock-up the rears a bit tonight. So I took some pics, kinda motivated me to get going on it.

Much to my disbelief, I think these are actually going to work half-ass decent on this thing. I really need to get the side skirts Ive been hunting for, which will get rid of that gay swoop...

More to come

EDIT: realized tonight I lost a sidemarker picking up my wheels last night, the roads were aweful, and I guess I paid the price.

Originally posted by Kielan
    Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

I love all the low in that shop.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrawannabe View Post
        I love all the low in that shop.
        Mikes 1jz e30 is on the left of the hoist, not in any of the pics... and its well into the lows aswell. We have a saying, if it comes in the shop it has to drag out of the shop, and most of them do - or are in the process of.

Comment

Well, think Ive decided exactly what is going to happen over the winter for this car.

IRS swap (5x100 to 5x115)
          front spindle swap to bigger brakes and 5x115
          custom rear control arms (more camber awesomer )
          2.4L ecotec intake manifold (good for 13whp)
          front camber plates
          03+ LS side skirts

and most importantly make those damn wheels fit.

and to think, this car isnt even my project

Comment

i bet 6 months and this gets blown up like the last 2 s10s and you build something else..... ps how can you **** on the vette wheels when i wanted to put them on the subie then you mount them on a cavy??

ps i need a tranny flush and downpipe redone on the s10, k thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Panda View Post
              x2 Needs to be measured from the inside of the lip to the inside of the other side.
              Its a tape measure. He can still measure it like that. Just dont start at Zero
              Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

ya he only jacked it up and through them on. he never was able to get it done. school got in the way if im not mistaken. but those look good on there. cant wait to see it done!

Comment

what vettes come with these little wheels?

looks like fake sawblades lol

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

Originally posted by Innis View Post
                    i bet 6 months and this gets blown up like the last 2 s10s and you build something else..... ps how can you **** on the vette wheels when i wanted to put them on the subie then you mount them on a cavy??

ps i need a tranny flush and downpipe redone on the s10, k thanks!
                    They dont suit that car at all.

And fat fuckin chance Im doin either of those.

Originally posted by DannyE32 View Post
                    what vettes come with these little wheels?

looks like fake sawblades lol
                    They're the exact same size as "real" sawblades.

...dont worry... I didn't call Rota.

Comment

Picked up my IRS stuff yesterday and new front spindle setup. Once the snow starts to fly, things should really get rolling.

Comment

Good.

N-body rear end? What is your plan to get the lows out of that setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                          Good.

N-body rear end? What is your plan to get the lows out of that setup?
                          Same plans I had to get the front into the lows. Lots of measuring and trips to my buddies machine shop.

The 4 control arms will be replaced with some home built camber/toe adjustable ones in some type of tubular fashion with some type of ball-pivot end on them. The strut setup, for the most part, is unknown territory, which is right up my alley.

Comment

i liiike this

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Cool build. Looks really good with the vette wheels. Makes me want to snatch up my grandma's cavi. Lol
                              '88 323 - K-swapped
                              '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Comment

lookin good so far, can't wait to see the final result!
                                sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Working...
                                X