X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nie. would love to get airbags on my e36, but paint has to be first

hi

Comment

Hey did you use the Air Lift 75561 and 75563 on this E23?
      Regards
      Anders

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
        forgot to add this cheezy iphone video to this thread. yes, i have the missing moldings.

bagged bmw e23 - YouTube
        I love that you used Com Truise in this. It's a very pleasant car to look at!

Comment

NegativeCamber Would you be interesting in building a kit for me? Using your exact setup? I know nothing about air suspension and your e23 has the exact setup I want for my e23 L7! I'd of course pay for your time and the parts you'd need!

Comment

Hey Negative Camber, would an air ride kit for a e39 work on an e28? If not, why is that? I have no fab experience, so I can't put your genius to use.
            1991 BMW E30 325i Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Grime View Post
              Hey Negative Camber, would an air ride kit for a e39 work on an e28? If not, why is that? I have no fab experience, so I can't put your genius to use.
              no, its completely different
              aaron by Jeremy King, on Flickr

Comment

If anyone is interested i have devoloped a solution for airlift struts so that you can run camber plates. Ill be doing a run of them/group buy after sowo
                aaron by Jeremy King, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Grime View Post
                  The e28 has the strut housing attached to the spindle. It cant be separated. On the e90 you can separate the strut from the steering knuckle.
                  Originally posted by Kielan
                  I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

I PM'd Eric at bimmerforums, but anyone reason why BC dampers wouldn't work?

These are 44mm.

These are e28 dampers that use a 51mm damper. BUT, I called BC and they said their e30 system uses a 45mm damper. If I shaved the threads down to 44mm, any reason why it wouldn't work since it's already shorter and made for a higher spring rate?

Comment

• Now I see what you mean. There are two options: obtain the lower threaded sleeve, then all you would need to do is cut the strut housing and weld the sleeve to the spindle. As you mentione, the other option would be to shave the threads and toss them inside the strut housing. Then you would use your external coilover sleeve to adjust the height. The only question I would have with that configuration is if the stock gland nut would be able to hold down the shock.
                      Also, keep in mind the shock shaft diameter. Not sure if your strut top would fit.
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

• Bookmarked. I think you've already answered all suspension related questions I could have about my e23.

Comment

Working...
                        X