Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEL SLO (technically DEL NO GO) never driven it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you seem to be going the scenic route with this build, but good work so far

Comment

Have a bit of a soft spot for Hondas

Comment

This IS one effin nightmare! Hope you get it all together and stanced at somepoint. At least you wont ever have it sitting waiting for parts when something breaks
        slamburglars.com

Comment

I was able to get some minimal work done the past few days. I planned on working all day today but had to help a friend out and drive up to New Jersey.

So the car looked like this:

So that I could swap the no name suspension off of the purple Del Sol on the white one. (going with a different setup in the future)

And then I was invited to dinner so all I got done was the front

And this is how it sits for tonight. I forgot to take a before shot. But I can definitely tell the difference.
          And this is without the motor and transmission in it.

I also learned why my brake pedal goes straight to the floor. Someone cut one of the front brake lines. So I'm going to have to replace that and bleed the brakes before I can drive it.

Since my personal deadline to get it running under it's own power is almost here. I think instead of dealing with the rear suspension tomorrow, I will instead try to throw a motor in it instead.
          Last edited by los02; 11-01-2011, 09:38 PM.
          DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
          E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Nice man cant wait to see it running and a set of wheels on it lol

Comment

I wanna see that spare wheel tuckin....
              slamburglars.com

Comment

Tried to get it in the garage. The radiator support wasn't having it!

So I decided to give it a wash.

DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Looks like it is crying

Can't wait to see this progress!
                  sigpic

Comment

OK, so I tried to make some progress and get the engine installed. But first I had to address some things in the engine bay. Such as removing the AC and PS lines since I will not be running those.

A word of advice to anyone that takes the heater core out. If you remove the rubber seal on the firewall replace it BEFORE you install and bolt up the heater box. Otherwise, it is a royal PITA to try to get it in there AFTER everything is bolted up! Ask me how I know!

The car had a kinked clutch line that looked like this:

So I replaced that and now it looks like this:

TODAY'S GOAL- GET MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION INSTALLED

I went out and bought a new fuel filter, coolant hoses and fuel hoses in preparation for installing the motor. I pulled the swap from a running wrecked car so I know it runs. So, I started looking the swap over seeing if I needed anything else. I go to grab my engine mounts that I bought a few years ago to test fit and come to realize that the mounts I have are for a CABLE TO HYDRO set up (bastard ebay seller got me), so the passenger side mount won't bolt up to the transmission.

Luckily I had another used set that I bought a few years ago. But this set requires me to change the motor mount that bolts up in between the timing belt. But it has a third bolt that I can't access without taking the timing belt cover off. And my compressor/impact wrench don't have the balls to remove the crank pulley! FML

So, I roll the swap back into the corner as there is nothing else that I can do with it right now. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

So I decide not to let today go to waste, so I decide to do this:

And this:

So that I can get to this:

I swapped the left rear suspension out and tightened everything up. One bolt on the right rear of the purple one is stuck, so I've put PB blaster on it and I'll let it soak over night. Hopefully, I can get the bolt out without breaking it!!!

So, out of boredom I did this:

And that's how it sits as of right now. It's suppose to rain tomorrow so I don't think I'm going to be able to get much done.

I'm suppose to meet up with a guy later to get an ECU conversion harness since the guy that has the actual ECU that I want to run isn't able to meet up anytime soon.

Since I have to take the crank pulley off to get to the last bolt for the engine mount I am debating just rebuilding the complete motor. Although, I might just sell the cable to hydro set since they are brand new and pick up the exact ones that I need. And have the engine installed sooner.

I'm also going to have to figure out how to get the car to sit lower. I know that the front coilovers are all the way down. Maybe if I take the rings out. But that will only buy me maybe half an inch.

But the motor is also not in it yet!
                    Last edited by los02; 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM.
                    DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                    E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

What are those wheels? I'm a Euro guy, really, but I'm digging those.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                        What are those wheels? I'm a Euro guy, really, but I'm digging those.
                        Rota J-MAG's

I just sold them tonight, so my car isn't wearing RED BOTTOMS anymore!

But I have something in the works!
                        DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
                        E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Looks good! I actually liked it with the jmag's. Now just get some real mugen's and re barrel those things!

Comment

WOW
                            I now want to build a Del Sol. i see the potential in these things.

SUBBED

Comment

great build so far, I can't wait to see this thing start up and rollin down the road!
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

I may be getting a '93 Del Sol soon, what are some common problems I should look for?

Comment

Working...
                                X