I swear I'm not gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear I'm not gay

My name is Ben, I'm 6'1", like long walks on the beach and.......wait......wrong forum.

But really, my name is Ben. At the moment I own 3 cars, 2 being 98' neons and the latest a 95' Miata. The Alpine green neon has been my daily for the past 2 years. I did a full suspension rebuild on it a couple months ago along with a rear disk brake swap. its sitting on BC coilovers and stock 2gn neon rims (lame).

I just picked up the miata a few weeks ago from a buddy of mine. Its a pretty stout auto-x car, anything more and it wouldn't be very streetable. I'll type out a mod list sometime.

The other 98' neon is a stock R/T, i just picked it up to have something reliable and nice to drive while I was working on the Alpine. Those side grafics are long gone, don't worry.

I've been a member or neons.org for quite a while but i finally got smart and left. Most Neon owners are cheap, stupid bastards that can't type a complete sentence without looking like a braindead chimp. I've been lurking here for quite a while. I don't really plan to stance any of the cars, the miata is too good of a track car to take away all the susension travel and stretch tires. the Alpine on the other hand......

Nice I had a neon as my first "fun" car, sohc, 5 speed 97 coupe. Even with just intrax springs, tokico struts, and energy suspension bushings all the way around, it handled like it was on rails (relatively speaking). I like your little lineup.

Carry on.
    Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

Because of your Miata?

Miatas are awesome track cars.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
      Originally posted by Oxer
      You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
      Originally posted by Average_Jerk
      Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

I was refering to both Neons and the Miata, hahaha. I had a 2001 neon for a while that I got for $200 with a broken timing belt. I fixed everything and sold it for $2600.

All the cars are fun, the R/T just feels really slow around town thanks to the DOHC's lack of low end tq.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Life View Post
          My name is Ben, I'm 6'1", like long walks on the beach and.......wait......wrong forum.

Hey too

Comment

I like the first Neon a lot, but something about Neon and reliable just dont go together with me

(Used to be a mechanic, saw them a LOT) Welcome to StanceWorks
            | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

All three of mine have been great. The cam sensor went out on the Alpine, along with the battery terminal ends, but they were both original and had over 160k on them so I can't complain. The problem is mainly that the people that own them are so cheap but, it is a cheap car so it goes hand in hand.

I'm a mechanic at the local Ford dealer. Don't get me started on Ford transmissions.........

Comment

All three of mine have been great. The cam sensor went out on the Alpine, along with the battery terminal ends, but they were both original and had over 160k on them so I can't complain. The problem is mainly that the people that own them are so cheap but, it is a cheap car so it goes hand in hand.

I'm a mechanic at the local Ford dealer. Don't get me started on Ford transmissions.........

friend of mine got a fiesta a while back ago and the tranny started acting up within the first 3 months.

but car looks good wanna see a build on the miata

Comment

sell you 2 other cars, and spend all of it on the miata! they go low
                  welcome
                  ( . Y . )
                  Boost gets u boobies

Follow me on Instagram. I'll follow back: itznj

Comment

The aftermarket for the Neon is dead. Mine won't go much lower in the front but, the rear can go stupid low . A custom setup is the way to go on a 1gn.

I'll be keeping the miata close to how it is since thats how I bought it. I'm in it $4500 anway, which is close to what i'm in the Neon. I need to take pictures of the miata, I have a couple from the Stance Nation meet but they are on my girlfriend's camera and not mine.

Comment

I'm a mechanic at the local Ford dealer. Don't get me started on Mazda transmissions.........
                      Yeah no shit, it's like shifting a crystal chandelier.
                      Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                      Fuck Rotas, I'd rather my wheels not break apart when I drive over a watermelon seed.

Comment

i love the alpine for some reason i think its the color

Comment

why did you roll the fenders

Comment

Autocross. I got it done and then I decided to raise the rear up.

Comment

love the color of the 1st neon

welcome to StanceWorks
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X