No announcement yet.

Senza pari 280z build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daanmm that rotary ..... . drool .... .. : .... ... I bet a rotary would fit under your 280 hood
    Last edited by indy510; 07-30-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• This build will go down in the history of 280Z builds and make no mistake Sir, you have pissed off hundreds of cats who thought they’re builds would never be out-done.

I salute you……………….

I have but one request; there is nothing on the planet sexier than a Nissan straight six completely worked with Webbers laying on the side.

I realize the engine is an old design, and I realize that you can get massive amounts of power from other units.

I also realize given the weight-to-power ratio’s with those monster motors the car basically becomes a skateboard with a Chevy 350 attached to it and all the handling capabilities go out the window.

All you’ll do is get sideways every time you bang the stick, and the rear will never hold with all those horses.

Please consider putting in a massaged straight six that will give you all the power you need as well as keep things very “Z-Looking” shall we say.

I’ll respect whatever you do in the end, but I’d love to a “Z” motor in the engine bay when she’s all done……………

Comment

• Its about time to see moar!

92' E36 320 Coúpe - 2,2l storked - Ebay headers - WARchip - KN filter - 328i decat exhaust - Lightweight M3 flywheel - Coil Overs - Rondell 58 17"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre3400 View Post
          Its about time to see moar!
          this

Comment

• Originally posted by ionz View Post
            this
            and this

Comment

• Originally posted by indy510 View Post
              Daanmm that rotary ..... . drool .... .. : .... ... I bet a rotary would fit under your 280 hood
              You could realisticly fit two 13B's under the hood with room to spare. We do have one sitting around, but as we already have one built in the 7, I'll take a different route. Plus, I'm not a fan a fan of the assymetrical layout, personally.

Originally posted by Neveragain55 View Post
              This build will go down in the history of 280Z builds and make no mistake Sir, you have pissed off hundreds of cats who thought they’re builds would never be out-done.

I salute you……………….

I have but one request; there is nothing on the planet sexier than a Nissan straight six completely worked with Webbers laying on the side.

I realize the engine is an old design, and I realize that you can get massive amounts of power from other units.

I also realize given the weight-to-power ratio’s with those monster motors the car basically becomes a skateboard with a Chevy 350 attached to it and all the handling capabilities go out the window.

All you’ll do is get sideways every time you bang the stick, and the rear will never hold with all those horses.

Please consider putting in a massaged straight six that will give you all the power you need as well as keep things very “Z-Looking” shall we say.

I’ll respect whatever you do in the end, but I’d love to a “Z” motor in the engine bay when she’s all done……………
              I appreciate your kind words! And if it's a Z motor you want, you shouldn't be too disappointed then... I have a VG30DETT on the way, so a Z motor it is!
              I do love the straight six, and the noise can't be beat, but for this build it needs to be a little more wild. The twin turbo setup will let me getting funky with the exhaust and plumbing, which I just can't do without:-)

Originally posted by Pierre3400 View Post
              Its about time to see moar!
              Soon, I promise!
              SENZA PARI

SENZA PARI by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
              Flickr Album:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/74953263@N07/

Comment

• Fair enough on the Z motor..........................

Can't wait to see more progress as it comes.

I'm rebuilding one myself but's it's going waaaaaaaaaaay slower than your build and no where near as radical.

Comment

• hey have you seen this build? just found it now, and it is amazing. similar in many ways but also quite different to yours in others. its a good read for anyone regardless... http://www.rolston.me/NewSite/New_Z_...ew_Z_Blog.html
                  sigpic
                  Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• Originally posted by 340i View Post
                    hey have you seen this build? just found it now, and it is amazing. similar in many ways but also quite different to yours in others. its a good read for anyone regardless... http://www.rolston.me/NewSite/New_Z_...ew_Z_Blog.html
                    Very cool build... I haven't come across that yet, so thanks for sharing. Looking through alot of the photos was like deja vu, I love it.

The motor and trans should be arriving today...fingers crossed!
                    SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• Dope work.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Although delayed for a few months due to the Subaru explosion, the motor of choice is finally here. And who knows, if it wasn't for that I may not have even went this route, but I believe it was for the best.
                        The motor looks huge with all of the stock manifolds and wiring still intact, buts it's actually quite compact.

IMAG0332 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0340 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr

IMAG0336 by SENZA PARI #1, on Flickr
                        SENZA PARI

Flickr Album:

Comment

• Wait I feel dumb isn't this a 300zx engine?
                          Originally posted by JC.
                          'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• not as dumb as you feel obviously

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                            http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• good choice of motor.
                              sigpic
                              1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                              1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

• Huh! Swear I thought he was getting a 350z engine, and I have to admit I recognize the engine because of Sir in the post above me's build/engine bay shaving thread! I am so excited to see this start to take shape!
                                Originally posted by JC.
                                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X