Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benz people! Need W124 help, E36 Coilovers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for W124's:
    anyone know of any aftermarket adjustable front upper control arms? fabricated? i need one that adjusts for at least -3 negative... thanks!

a pic of my rears:
    @KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

Comment

any side shots? and what's your rear suspension?

about the front ones, can't help... only know about the diy rear adjustable arms...

flickr

Comment

Currently I am on H&R springs, cut a half coil and blistein shocks. I got the DIY camber arms and now I'm looking for adjustable rear toe arms and front camber plates made by RDMTEK (out of production-super rare).
        Here's my only side shots atm:

@KNOLAS on Instagram #lownslowcrew

Comment

I know I am digging up an old thread here, but I need some help haha.

I am about to purchase the raceland coilovers and such so I can do the front...

But what EXACTLY should I do for the rear? Am I able to use the raceland coilovers or not? Because I see that you guys are running different shocks on the rear,

Help? More precisely what exactly are you guys running on the rear, so that I know what to purchase!

Cheers
          Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Buy a set for Compact or Z3...they have the exactly the same rear shock as the w124/201 do...

Comment

So I should buy a full set of BMW compact or Z3 coilovers? The fronts will work to? Sorry for my noobish questions

Comment

different setup altogether.

Comment

We never got the car totally dialed on the racelands. It worked, but never as good as I had hoped. I think in an ideal world, I would have made some kind of custom upper strut mount and not run any inboard spring, just the coilover spring like you would on a normal car. The rear is easy, use a Saab 900 (or 90 elsewhere) rear shock, cut the factory spring, or use the coilover spring, you'll be able to get as low as you want and it rides great.

Ours is in the process of going to air ride, it's mostly done, but as with all of the other suspension related things on this car, it hasnt been easy... It still has the raceland struts up front and the saab shocks in the rear, they get plenty low.

TheFitGarage.

Comment

i want to change my front shocks, but can't decide what to choose... i was wondering about getting struts for e36, not coilovers, will they work and are they shorter like the coilovers??

flickr

Comment

up on one of my W201s..
                      Last edited by Gol43Doug; 05-14-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hey I've been looking all over for a lowering guide for my 89 300te. Did you ever figure out the full set up to use? I've gotten a little lost through out reading this post on progress. get back at me thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Iam138 View Post
                          We never got the car totally dialed on the racelands. It worked, but never as good as I had hoped. I think in an ideal world, I would have made some kind of custom upper strut mount and not run any inboard spring, just the coilover spring like you would on a normal car. The rear is easy, use a Saab 900 (or 90 elsewhere) rear shock, cut the factory spring, or use the coilover spring, you'll be able to get as low as you want and it rides great.

Ours is in the process of going to air ride, it's mostly done, but as with all of the other suspension related things on this car, it hasnt been easy... It still has the raceland struts up front and the saab shocks in the rear, they get plenty low.

wait, you are in oregon? where are you located? i'd like to come check out your 300e. i have a 93 3.2 that i am about to start suspension on.

Comment

I'm in Bend.

Car looks like this now, air made a big difference...

TheFitGarage.

Comment

it's... beauti-hnnng

Comment

Hey guys,
                                Sorry for gravedigging but I'm wondering if anyone has access to these strut mounts? Maybe we can see if they'd fit for our vehicles w little modification to the upper plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X