Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Benz people! Need W124 help, E36 Coilovers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
    , since you guys are just using the shock part of the e36 coilover right?
    I'm also running the helper spring, which gives it a bit of tension/adjustment. The top hat fits in the mount on mine, but doesn't go all the way in, to me thats just fine. Its a tapered hat, which is designed to go into a mount that wont allow it to go all the way through, It's actually very similar to my MK1 and MK3 vw's. The only difference here is that there is no bearing.

The car is still riding strong. Just a lot of rub from the 19's. haha.

Projektzwo - your car looks great.
    Last edited by Iam138; 10-25-2011, 06:43 PM.
    TheFitGarage.

Comment

finally the rear shocks are in, used the front coilover sping (+ helper springs) setup for the rear and i can say it feels really good, also the rear now is where i want it...

gotta fix the front fenders + rolling and pulling the rears, just to suit the front ones, after that i'll be able to put some spacers

some shitty pictures, really sorry about the quality and don't mind that the car is dirty dirty:

flickr

Comment

Looks great!
        TheFitGarage.

Comment

that looks really wicked.. dont you get any rubbing at all or the rim of the wheel hitting the fender? Have you installed the rear camber adjuster or is that a natural camber because of how low your car is?

Comment

Originally posted by Niks View Post
            that looks really wicked.. dont you get any rubbing at all or the rim of the wheel hitting the fender? Have you installed the rear camber adjuster or is that a natural camber because of how low your car is?
            no rubbing issues at all... well once it was with full tank + 4 people + 2 wheels in the trunk and bam - hits 1-2 times, but roads here in Bulgaria are really awful...

and the rear camber is natural

now with the winter setup the car is little bit lower than that...

flickr

Comment

What springs smd shocks are you using for the rear? I guess they must be a lot more stiffer as the standard shocks are soft and not firm at all. To get a car that low is an art!

Post some pictures of you car with the winter set up

Comment

for the rear i used ta-technix (60mm shorter + 30% stiffer) and the springs are the original ones from the front JOM coilovers.

can't provide proper shots, but here it is atm:

flickr

Comment

I plane on keeping my cut sport line springs. But what are the part numbers for the shorter shocks from other cars? Front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight View Post
                    I plane on keeping my cut sport line springs. But what are the part numbers for the shorter shocks from other cars? Front and rear.
                    good idea with the sportline springs, i'm running them in the front with 3 coils cutted

about the shortest shocks, probably the shortest for the front are the BMW e36 coilovers, for the rear - oem Saab 900, the part number can be found at the previous pages...

flickr

Comment

I have sportline springs all round at the moment, even with the shortest spring pads it sits pretty high. Im not that keen on removing the spring pads, so ive been looking at the H&R lowering springs for the W124. I need to find out if these are stiffer than the MB sportline springs or the same. Would anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Niks View Post
                        I have sportline springs all round at the moment, even with the shortest spring pads it sits pretty high. Im not that keen on removing the spring pads, so ive been looking at the H&R lowering springs for the W124. I need to find out if these are stiffer than the MB sportline springs or the same. Would anyone know?
                        Well you have 5 different spring rates you can get with the sport lines. There is not just on set spring. As for that I do not know what the H&R spring rate is.

Here are the sport lines

Front Sportline Springs
                        124-321-27-04 ($NA)
                        124-321-28-04 ($NA)
                        124-321-29-04 ($105)
                        124-321-30-04 ($105) <-- Most common for 6-cyl W124
                        124-321-31-04 ($105)
                        (higher number is stiffer, for heavier car)

I used the 31-04 on mine.

Comment

Mine must be one of the last two for the 6 cylinder engined W124.

Cobra also do lowering springs for 124 models, available in 2 lowering heights, 40mm all round and 60mm front and 40mm rear. Im very keen to give these 60/40mm ones a try to see how stiffer they are compared to the sportlines.

Comment

Mine has one coil cut as of now, it will be getting 1 to 2 more cut soon.

Comment

as i said, i'm with 3 coils cutted and without any spring pads... no problems at all...

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by projektzwo View Post
                                as i said, i'm with 3 coils cutted and without any spring pads... no problems at all...
                                I am going to get the Beretta front shocks for it. Then cut the last coils.

Comment

Working...
                                X