No announcement yet.

Stock 9-5 Aero - Let's get this thing started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see another Saab guy on here...or a few actually.

I have a '97 900 that is sitting on Koni adjustables and Vogtland springs. The ride is great and I even have poly bushings all around along with front and rear strut bars.

As for power, I have your 2.3 in my 900 and I made a conservative 400hp and 500 ft lb of tq last time on the dyno.

These cars are great all around cars, just be weary on the transmissions if you go into higher power ranges.

Comment

5x110...welcome to my world...Custom drilled or wobble nuts
      sigpic

Comment

BSR exhaust just came the other day, very badass lookin'! Next comes the downpipe, just need to get a couple more paychecks Can't wait to start putting this stuff on, gotta wait for this damn Pennsylvania weather to lighten up. Hoping for an early spring

Comment

Can somebody please help me find some reliable coils for this thing? I'm having a lot of trouble finding anything for this damn vehicle. Downpipe suggestions?

Comment

Coils for the 9-5 are not easily, cheaply, or readily accessible. You have to get creative and make something. Im in a similar situation with my 9k.
            Originally posted by JC.
            'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
              Coils for the 9-5 are not easily, cheaply, or readily accessible. You have to get creative and make something. Im in a similar situation with my 9k.
              It's a shame, they are all lovely cars. Any suggestions to where I can find a nice downpipe? I've got a cat-back system in now, all I need is the damn downpipe!

Comment

Nah, sorry dude. Hit up Saablink.net, there are a bunch of great Saab guys over there that know their stuff!
                Originally posted by JC.
                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello guys!
                  Found this thread by googling and im kinda same situation with Baab that i have just bought my first car and it was saab 9-5 aero 04. I dont know much about cars but i have friends that can help also. So i just wanted to ask that what parts could be the first thing to look for?

I bought the car used and the thing is that it could be that there has already done some modifications. Like lowered the car. Here is some pics of the car.

Comment

WHOA! Other Saab people!
                    Originally posted by Solttu View Post
                    Hello guys!
                    Found this thread by googling and im kinda same situation with Baab that i have just bought my first car and it was saab 9-5 aero 04. I dont know much about cars but i have friends that can help also. So i just wanted to ask that what parts could be the first thing to look for?

I bought the car used and the thing is that it could be that there has already done some modifications. Like lowered the car. Here is some pics of the car.
                    If you are looking for maintenance and power modification information check out saabcentral.com or saablink.com. They are both Saab only forums and have tons of awesome people and helpful threads. I'm a moderator on Saab Central (under the name J-Rod) so if you join up there and need any help, let me know.

Judging by your photos, you car is definitely on some lowering springs!

Anyway, welcome to Stance Works as well!

It's a work in progress^
                    Instagram: @jared_hin

The Snaab: Saab 9-5 Build Thread
                    Battle Stanced '67 Mercury Cougar

Comment

Working...
                    X