Saab appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikingstance1 View Post
    Thanks,Ya i can't wait either man hopefully getting wheels in a week or two, ill try to get some pics up when i get them on. Yours looks really sick too what is it lowered on? Maybe one day mine will be that low :p
    Thanks man. I'm on a full air ride system. Build thread is linked in my signature if you're interested. Cheers!
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
      Thanks man. I'm on a full air ride system. Build thread is linked in my signature if you're interested. Cheers!
      Just checked out the build thread and I'm actually considering air ride, come to think of it's really the only viable option to get really low sometimes and still make it up my driveway which is a nightmare for lowered cars haha. I just found some air struts off a 240 on craigslist for $350 good place to start lol?

Comment

Just checked out the build thread and I'm actually considering air ride, come to think of it's really the only viable option to get really low sometimes and still make it up my driveway which is a nightmare for lowered cars haha. I just found some air struts off a 240 on craigslist for $350 good place to start lol?
        Could be, depending on the brand and your level of fabrication skill. My guess is it'd take a fair amount of work to adapt them to fit, might be better off getting a new universal kit for added peace of mind, and to make sure you get exactly what you want the first time.
        -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Could be, depending on the brand and your level of fabrication skill. My guess is it'd take a fair amount of work to adapt them to fit, might be better off getting a new universal kit for added peace of mind, and to make sure you get exactly what you want the first time.
          Ya they look similar to stock setup but im sure they would need a fair amount of fabrication to work, but im a machinist so i can make whatever i need lol. Not sure of brand gonna call the guy and see about them.

Comment

If i go with a universal kit do you know any good cheap ones lol i know that's kind of a contradiction?? Thanks

Comment

If i go with a universal kit do you know any good cheap ones lol i know that's kind of a contradiction?? Thanks
              Yeah man good and cheap don't go together. Only way to go is Air Lift's universals, I have nothing but good things to say about them. I paid $700 for my front strut kit from Amazon. If you shop around you can find definitely find some decent deals.
              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt_pnw View Post
                local pnw saab. Wish it was lower with different wheels, but it has 300+ hp, so it's better than nothing.
                Yay, my car! I'm pretty late to the party, just finding this thread now That shoot was from a few years ago... new wheels/tires/suspension and lots more these days. I've gone to a completely different engine management (was MegaSquirt, now Trionic) and we're knocking on the door of 400whp.

Here's what it looks like now, fronts are dialed down and the rears are at 3/4 in this pic iirc.

Rears on full low:
                sigpic
                '87 Saab 900 Airflow
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Fancied joining in,

nothing too special to look at but its dropped on coilys and running land rover wheels on pcd converters, could do with a 20mm spacer on the rear as well and 15mm on the front to get some poke and a little more stretch on the rubber as well.

but hey ho, its a diseasal daily wagon next to the skid car and the coilies are still settling so needs to go down another 40mm at least and get the front and rear lips on

more pics and moaaaar lows coming soon

Comment

I finally got her back on the road!!! Drivin it now slowly working out all the kinks and onces its safely driving Ill go back through redo the suspension and finally mount some tires on my dream wheels!

And gotta love the attention it got this way haha

Also need smaller tires but test fit these today, just about perfect!
                    Last edited by soab; 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM.
                    Originally posted by JC.
                    'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

^I love your car in the worst way

My new Meatball:

Spartan by M. Washburn, on Flickr
                      -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

-1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Thought I'd try wake this thread up.

And my latest project...

https://www.instagram.com/mk1project/

'83 Mk1 Golf
                          '87 Mk2 Golf

Comment

Awesome! Look forward to seeing more on your project!

-1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Get that alignment dialed in yet? Don't wanna have a repeat lol.

Comment

So many Saabs. Makes me want to get a 900 Turbo as a DD...

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

1986 BMW 635CSi (5spd)
                                1994 Mercedes-Benz S124
                                1995 Mercedes-Benz S124

Comment

Working...
                                X