E24 Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E24 Help?

Alright guys, for awhile now I've been looking for a clean E30 to buy....... But the other day while I was looking only I found a beautiful E24 with about 100,000 miles. The only bad things about it is that it had the catalytic converters stolen off of it, and it needs new front struts. So I'd still love to buy the car and put some effort into it and having a clean beautiful ride. But here's the big question coming from you guys' experience, what's a reasonable offer for this car?

Thanks for the help!

Well how much does the guy want for it?
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

2 slaps in the fucking mouth
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

He wants $2,900 with the sound system, or $2,400 without it.

Comment

Only 2400? Jesus fuck, snatch that shit up right now.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking! But I'm new to the BMW scene so I wanted some guidance. Do you know what the replacement parts would run me?

Comment

Who needs cats, get antique plates, and run straight pipes.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Hahaha true. Thanks for the help man!

Comment

What he said.

Do it, going to see one myself tomorrow

Comment

What year is it? If it's older than '83, you'll have issues finding suspension and some other minor parts because they were based on the e12 5er. 83 and up and you should be good, as those cars are based on the e28 5 series. Front struts shouldn't be super expensive, look at bigcoupe.com, mye28.com, fcp groton, autohausaz, pelican parts, blunt tech, ireland engineering, and ebay for parts. If you're willing to do maintenance work yourself, it'll be cheaper to own than you might think. Paying someone else to do it will be costly.

E28 owners say that the e24 isn't as fun of a car to drive since it's a bit heavier, and carries a lot more weight over the front end. I've owned both, and I honestly don't notice the difference unless I'm really pushing the thing hard.

It's also arguably the 2nd prettiest car BMW ever made, 1st being the e9 coupe.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Yeah its a beautiful car, in my opinion its a little better looking than the E30. But the car is an 88' and I would definitely wouldn't mind doing the maintenance myself. I would actually enjoy it! Haha. Thanks for the websites, they'll definitely come in handy!

Comment

Oh damn, 88 had the smaller "world" bumpers, nice. It better be a 5 speed, I **** the automatics they put in there. Where do you live? If it was ever driven on salted roads, you're going to want to check the main structural areas for rust.
                        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

I live in South Carolina so there's really not that much snow or salt to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                          X