Satchealous Garage Mk1 rabbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satchealous Garage Mk1 rabbit

Been lurking here forever, time to add my build... I live in the ghettos of southern ontario for school, and share a house with a bunch of buddies. We are all engineering students and are into cars so we always have a ridiculous amount of projects going on. Pics of the Satchealous garage later in the thread. Project vehicles range from dubs to 240's to diesels, e30's, muscle cars and the list goes on... Here's my project:

It's an '83 GTI, basically bone stock mechanically. Looked like this when I bought it:

Then some kids smashed my windshield and it looked like this

And in the tiny garage for a long time

Then I got these snowflakes

I did a few other things... swapped the gas tank so I no longer had the right hand turn stalling problems, welded scirocco seat bases to some police car recaros, got a mk1 dash (old one was a hacked mk2 dash)

my haggered grill thats held together by zip ties

I drove the car like that for the summer and had a lot of fun. I even took it to the drag strip and did a blistering fast 18sec pass Later in the fall though, I hit a massive bump from construction and banged up one of my snowflakes pretty good. Tires were pretty well garbage too so I figured I'd just pick u a new set of wheels (with some rubber). Got some bmw exims with balloon tires for pretty cheap.

Front fender shaved

plugs set in the hatch, ready to be welded in

inner antenna wire hole patched

Nice and smooth hatch now

I also pulled my dash out and painted it with some duplicolor interior vinyl spray paint. Here's what it looked like before paint

while drying:

and somewhat put together:

Some rust repair:

The camera flash really shows the surface rust and makes it look worse than it really is but still, the passenger side is pretty bad :banghead:

Pulling the 8 valves of fury:

Found a first gen rx7 steering wheel so I thought I'd modify it to fit my quick release hub

Tucked away in the Satchealous Garage

started doing some engine bay work

Painting the block:

my new seats :

started dickin around with a flange in solidworks

Here's what I want to do with the intake:

Engine specs:
    -2.0 16v block (stock, replaced rod bearings)
    -1.8 16v head (stuck but rebuilt)
    -raceland header
    -zx6r bike carbs
    -act 4 puck clutch

That's about it for now. So far this has just been copied and pasted from my vortex build thread but I'll add new stuff soon.
    Last edited by aaron22; 09-28-2013, 03:01 PM.

Racelands on and playing with my buddy's drag dr20's (his e30 in the background)

Added some mounting tabs to the old scirocco bases that were already modded for my old recaros

Some from this weekend:

I will be buying these wheels sometime this summer. This was just a test fit but stance will get dialed in once the car's rolling
    Last edited by aaron22; 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Do work son!

Comment

Damn dude! Ive seen this thing lots of facebook (but not lately)

I used to live across the street from you..... Where are you now?

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

PERFECT man, builds lookin awesome!
          Low n' Slow since 93*

Comment

i like where this is going, a lot. any plans on interior work, or are you going the light weight route and keeping it bare?
            ///M 2.0
            G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

love the body style of this gen
              Low n' Slow since 93*

Comment

I love seeing a build thread with so much home built content in 1 post. Great work man, keep it up.

Comment

Nice build, this is going somewhere. Love the engine you're about to put in!

Comment

nice job...
                    i always love mk1
                    Originally posted by a3 german
                    you are the real wheel whore hehe

love all the sets..but in a litle car, litle rims...16 is the best choice imo..

Comment

Love this! Great work so far.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Thanks for the props everyone

Originally posted by HooWybrow View Post
                        Damn dude! Ive seen this thing lots of facebook (but not lately)

I used to live across the street from you..... Where are you now?
                        woooaaah small world... I used to think your crv was the coolest thing ever hahaha. I go to school in Oshawa but am in Stratford for the summer (work).

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                        i like where this is going, a lot. any plans on interior work, or are you going the light weight route and keeping it bare?
                        keeping it bare. Once it runs I need to do a bit more work on the floor...welding, paint, etc

Originally posted by JJ. View Post
                        Nice build, this is going somewhere. Love the engine you're about to put in!
                        Thanks, the motor was supposed to go in the car on the weekend but I think I need to buy the real flywheel bolts I tried some fine thread 1/4" bolts but something weird is going on there

Comment

Looking good so far man.
                          Knew this rabbit looked familiar from the Ontario forums.
                          91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Bosozuku exhaust.

Comment

good job..i love mk1 and 2
                              I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Working...
                              X