No announcement yet.

E46 cant go lower HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im prety sure mine are the oem as i havnt changed them, neither did the previous owner as far as i know.

Comment

Hi. Can you please post a picture of your front ? from the side and the front ? I have the same problem, my front doesen't go low enought.
      sigpic
      Said no to fake wheels

Comment

You say your tie rod and other suspension components are hitting but this doesnt sound right.
        mine lays atm, and i still have about 20mm more to drop [i popped blocks under the wheels and dropped the car] and nothing hits in terms of moving parts, brake lines etc
        only thing i can suggest is different top mounts? i had some made which dropped the car another 30mm or so
        L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

I dont have air but I have adjustable sway bar links on my e46 and i had the same problem. when i lowered my car it didn't go any lower. so i thought maybe the sway bar links were too long, so i adjusted them shorter. which ended up lowering the car another 1/4 which is what I wanted. the only problem i'm having now is my brake lines rub my sway bar a good bit. so once i go lower i feel like theyll rub it even more.

Comment

2004 chevy impala ss rear sway links fit on the front. for now just remove your sway bar if your not concerned with performance and you can go a bit lower.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBM View Post
              You say your tie rod and other suspension components are hitting but this doesnt sound right.
              mine lays atm, and i still have about 20mm more to drop [i popped blocks under the wheels and dropped the car] and nothing hits in terms of moving parts, brake lines etc
              only thing i can suggest is different top mounts? i had some made which dropped the car another 30mm or so
              Holy shit, please come to a meet, park on blocks then lay frame again

Comment

all e46s on air have this problem. the strut mounts sit too high for e46's to fully take advantage of air suspension. the bag bracket needs to be mounted lower and the struts need to be revalved in order to take advantage of the air suspension OR buy a set of air struts designed specifically for the e46.

Comment

What booogs said really. My bag perches are around 15mm above my tyres, so I'm restricted to 17s, but it gets me laying. However i couldn't lay before i got my custom top mounts. I can get you in touch with the guys at Havair who made my struts. They spec them to your wheel and tyre size and then get Gaz to make them. They could then ship them over to you no problem. Just send me a pm and i can pass you over to the guys
                  L I K E H E L L D E S I G N

Comment

need shorter strut hats. there were replacement ones but i cant seem to find them.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Is the shorter drop links only required for the front with slammed e46s? Would I need to switch out anything in the rear for sitting the car on the ground?

Comment

Any new and good news ?
                        sigpic
                        Said no to fake wheels

Comment

Working...
                        X