Quote Originally Posted by d&w View Post
    next time your here come for a cruise!
    this.
    The Governors Club.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot wagon View Post
    this.
    yep

<3

ya dude I missed the progress on this thing too I guess, looks so good in those pics in the person's yard or w/e.

Hell yeah! Old Mercs are awesome.

i'm in love of that car

the model is the best ever made
    the color is perfect
    and bagyard air checked the last thing :P

took this thing to autocon - nice to have it out for the 1st show since I've pretty much sorted it out

a bit more trunk work to do and probly time for another good detail too

met a bunch of rad guys including the stanceworks crew. good times

pulled some pics off the internet and u can see dom's C wagon with style 5's there too

cheers to charles (TheBenzE) with the Black C coupe on here for a few of the shots too

Last edited by D&W; 12-11-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D&W View Post

then i got this '68 and figured it was the right car to do finally go air on so yea im kind of anxious too

Hey Ed! nice seeing you yesterday at autocon. I'm amazed that this is your car! I saved this picture years back and fell in love with those lm1's. I remember reading about you moving to San Diego from AU on one of the forums. I actually picked up a set for my 202 but didn't like how they looked with my color combo. Crazy thread. Keep it up. You have good taste my friend.

-Don

Quote Originally Posted by ll1l2l1l2lll View Post
    Hey Ed! nice seeing you yesterday at autocon. I'm amazed that this is your car! I saved this picture years back and fell in love with those lm1's. I remember reading about you moving to San Diego from AU on one of the forums. I actually picked up a set for my 202 but didn't like how they looked with my color combo. Crazy thread. Keep it up. You have good taste my friend.

-Don
    yea man nice to see you too. haha yea i've been around on these forums a while! i still love those lm1's! i think i remember seeing pics of them on your car too.. was it green? (actually it musta been grey and maybe i thought it looked a bit green in the photo? was that the 202 you still have now you tried them on?)
    Last edited by D&W; 12-12-2011 at 01:51 AM.

That is amazing!
    Nice bro!

Sick bro......

Quote Originally Posted by driftking77 View Post
    That is amazing!
    Nice bro!
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron099 View Post
    i'm in love of that car

the model is the best ever made
    the color is perfect
    and bagyard air checked the last thing :P
    I think it would be my fav MB model too, the 2 door coupes are pretty amazing too

sorted an issue with the front right bag rubbing due to the control arm being a bit too snug around it.

the guys used a plasma cutter to create some more space in there

pic of front bag with brackets (top tube has a slot for airline to pass through)

P.S Bags are Airhouse 2's

ooops.

managed to have the front sway bar bushing/bolt pop off the car today while airing it right up on the passenger side. eeek

thread on bolt screwed and nut stripped, a new set of bushings/bolts/washers for both sides is about $200 from mercedes :S I was thinking of replacing the rubber anyway but it's not desperate

I wonder if I can just get a new bolt/nut from home depot in the meantime? I've never had to buy any components like that before, any recommendations?

ooops.

managed to have the front sway bar bushing/bolt pop off the car today while airing it right up on the passenger side. eeek

thread on bolt screwed and nut stripped, a new set of bushings/bolts/washers for both sides is about $200 from mercedes :S I was thinking of replacing the rubber anyway but it's not desperate

I wonder if I can just get a new bolt/nut from home depot in the meantime? I've never had to buy any components like that before, any recommendations?
    You mean you aired up just one side? I tried that on my Cobra and both sides came up rather equal. I guess it's because it has giant sway bars. Big heavy cars like yours and mine, I guess something's got to give at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphil View Post
    You mean you aired up just one side? I tried that on my Cobra and both sides came up rather equal. I guess it's because it has giant sway bars. Big heavy cars like yours and mine, I guess something's got to give at some point.
    yep, with the e-level i have been completely airing out one side and airing up the other, it looks quite humerous but no doubt puts strain on the sway. lesson learned i guess.

I think i will have to bite the bullet and go with dealer for bolts/sway bar bushings in a complete kit to maintain the right strength/quality
    Last edited by D&W; 01-07-2012 at 08:13 PM.

I think i will have to bite the bullet and go with dealer for bolts/sway bar bushings in a complete kit to maintain the right strength/quality
    I'm guessing Hotchkis doesn't make parts for classic Mercedes? :P

yep, with the e-level i have been completely airing out one side and airing up the other, it looks quite humerous but no doubt puts strain on the sway. lesson learned i guess.
    Have you noticed any difference in handling without the sway bar? You might want to consider ditching it completely. You probably won't be doing any autocross events, and you'll be able to continue airing out one side...

this car easily wows, love the top down on those wiper blades!
    ( f ; _ ; )f
    braaaaaaaaains!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphil View Post
    Have you noticed any difference in handling without the sway bar? You might want to consider ditching it completely. You probably won't be doing any autocross events, and you'll be able to continue airing out one side...
    havent driven it since, it was just in my garage when it happened. ive noticed a slight decrease in repsonsiveness at sharp highway manuevures with bags in so I want to keep the suspension as tight as I can up front

sorted an issue with the front right bag rubbing due to the control arm being a bit too snug around it.

the guys used a plasma cutter to create some more space in there

pic of front bag with brackets (top tube has a slot for airline to pass through)

P.S Bags are Airhouse 2's

Hook it up with the bag cup lengths!?!
    Any luck with those bushings for the sway?
    Last edited by rson; 01-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rson View Post
    Hook it up with the bag cup lengths!?!
    Any luck with those bushings for the sway?
    I am terrible, I had to guesstimate cos I didn't have a ruler but it was around 4", a bit longer than I thought they would be

Update on the sway, finally got a chance to get the new bushing kit in.

Just a quick comparison of the old vs. new bushings (4 per side and a bunch of washers and a long bolt make up the kit per side)

here you can see the sway with all bushings/bolt removed

here it is all bolted up (white color is just rubber residue on there)

I wonder if you couldn't have sent your old bushings to energy suspension and have them cook some urethane ones for you. Can't be that hard to do when you have the original stuff.
    Maybe even some of their 'universal' stuff would've worked.