Nice bro!
        Thanks man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron099 View Post
          i'm in love of that car

the model is the best ever made
          the color is perfect
          and bagyard air checked the last thing :P
          I think it would be my fav MB model too, the 2 door coupes are pretty amazing too

Comment

• sorted an issue with the front right bag rubbing due to the control arm being a bit too snug around it.

the guys used a plasma cutter to create some more space in there

pic of front bag with brackets (top tube has a slot for airline to pass through)

P.S Bags are Airhouse 2's

Comment

• ooops.

managed to have the front sway bar bushing/bolt pop off the car today while airing it right up on the passenger side. eeek

thread on bolt screwed and nut stripped, a new set of bushings/bolts/washers for both sides is about $200 from mercedes :S I was thinking of replacing the rubber anyway but it's not desperate

I wonder if I can just get a new bolt/nut from home depot in the meantime? I've never had to buy any components like that before, any recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
                ooops.

managed to have the front sway bar bushing/bolt pop off the car today while airing it right up on the passenger side. eeek

thread on bolt screwed and nut stripped, a new set of bushings/bolts/washers for both sides is about $200 from mercedes :S I was thinking of replacing the rubber anyway but it's not desperate

I wonder if I can just get a new bolt/nut from home depot in the meantime? I've never had to buy any components like that before, any recommendations?
                You mean you aired up just one side? I tried that on my Cobra and both sides came up rather equal. I guess it's because it has giant sway bars. Big heavy cars like yours and mine, I guess something's got to give at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastphil View Post
                  You mean you aired up just one side? I tried that on my Cobra and both sides came up rather equal. I guess it's because it has giant sway bars. Big heavy cars like yours and mine, I guess something's got to give at some point.
                  yep, with the e-level i have been completely airing out one side and airing up the other, it looks quite humerous but no doubt puts strain on the sway. lesson learned i guess.

I think i will have to bite the bullet and go with dealer for bolts/sway bar bushings in a complete kit to maintain the right strength/quality
                  Last edited by D&W; 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I think i will have to bite the bullet and go with dealer for bolts/sway bar bushings in a complete kit to maintain the right strength/quality
                    I'm guessing Hotchkis doesn't make parts for classic Mercedes? :P

Comment

yep, with the e-level i have been completely airing out one side and airing up the other, it looks quite humerous but no doubt puts strain on the sway. lesson learned i guess.
                      Have you noticed any difference in handling without the sway bar? You might want to consider ditching it completely. You probably won't be doing any autocross events, and you'll be able to continue airing out one side...

Comment

• this car easily wows, love the top down on those wiper blades!
                        ( f ; _ ; )f
                        braaaaaaaaains!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastphil View Post
                          Have you noticed any difference in handling without the sway bar? You might want to consider ditching it completely. You probably won't be doing any autocross events, and you'll be able to continue airing out one side...
                          havent driven it since, it was just in my garage when it happened. ive noticed a slight decrease in repsonsiveness at sharp highway manuevures with bags in so I want to keep the suspension as tight as I can up front

Comment

sorted an issue with the front right bag rubbing due to the control arm being a bit too snug around it.

the guys used a plasma cutter to create some more space in there

pic of front bag with brackets (top tube has a slot for airline to pass through)

P.S Bags are Airhouse 2's

Hook it up with the bag cup lengths!?!
                            Any luck with those bushings for the sway?
                            Last edited by rson; 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rson View Post
                              Hook it up with the bag cup lengths!?!
                              Any luck with those bushings for the sway?
                              I am terrible, I had to guesstimate cos I didn't have a ruler but it was around 4", a bit longer than I thought they would be

Update on the sway, finally got a chance to get the new bushing kit in.

Just a quick comparison of the old vs. new bushings (4 per side and a bunch of washers and a long bolt make up the kit per side)

here you can see the sway with all bushings/bolt removed

here it is all bolted up (white color is just rubber residue on there)

Comment

• I wonder if you couldn't have sent your old bushings to energy suspension and have them cook some urethane ones for you. Can't be that hard to do when you have the original stuff.
                                Maybe even some of their 'universal' stuff would've worked.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Working...
                                X