Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need any help with getting parts from Germany?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need any help with getting parts from Germany?

Many of us on here drive Euro cars and so some of you guys from the states may some day happen upon the situation of needing parts from Germany. Should this happen, I can provide help if the seller is not willing to ship to the states.

For example you see a set of nice and rare wheels on german ebay or somewhere else for sale in Germany - but the seller is not willing to ship to the US. That's where I come in.

Services I'm willing to provide:
    • Shipping your parts over to you in the states or anywhere else in the world
    • Acting as a translator for dealings with german sellers
    • Helping to source euro spec parts for your cars
    • Sourcing tires that might not be avaible over in the states

How things will go when you decide that I should help you with shipping something:
    • You spot the item for sale and contact the seller about shipping to your location
    • Should you receive a negative answer, I will readily act as a go between
    • If the part is an auction on ebay, you will bid for it with your own account and work out payment with the seller. If it is a "Buy it now!", I can buy the part for you, if you send me the money beforehand.
    • You will either pay the seller directly or send the money to me via paypal and I will send it onto the seller, this step may take a few days due to banks not being the fastest
    • The seller sends the item to me after I have given you my address
    • I receive the item and calculate shipping costs using weight and size and will inform you of these
    • You will send the money for shipping over to me via paypal
    • As soon as I receive the necessary money and get it transferred over to my bank account, I will drop your package off at the postal station and provide you with a tracking number

How to contact me:

Additional notes:
    • Shipping for bigger parts to the US will most likely be quite expensive. A set of wheels for example usually costs about 360 US$ shipping.
    • I may be able to source some euro spec parts for your cars, as long as it is not something too rare or out of the norm as even over here euro parts for old cars (E28s for example) don't grow on trees - regardless what you ask for, I will try to look for it and should I not have results after two weeks, I will call the search off.

Should you decide to accept my help, a small donation would be appreciated.

This service is provided exclusively for members of StanceWorks.

Only taking Requests that are sent to me directly. Best use one of the IMs or Facebook to get into contact with me as I tend to be a bit forgetful.
    Please only contact me if you're serious about this.
    Last edited by Dr.AK; 01-04-2011, 02:32 PM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

I think this is an awesome idea! I wish I had someone like you in Japan when I had my Honda

Comment

super awesome, is it true that people in europe crave north america spec stuff like we fiend after euro stuff?

Comment

Its funny, I found a Jetta from Japan, dude had put all american parts on it. Same with an integra.

Comment

Glad to see this is appreciated.

Yeah, some europeans lust after us spec stuff like crazy. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
          For me it doesn't matter where it comes from, only that it looks as good as possible.

Comment

Thats the thing. When Euro or JDM stuff is all you see, especially when you see it on stock cars, you want something thats going to look different from all the stock cars drivin around.

Comment

Any money in stock U.S. 740 tails????

Comment

How much do euro bumpers cost IN europe? For an e30 that is.

Comment

I can't say from the top of my head, but I'll look it up later.

You want the prices for the early or facelifted bumpers? I think the early ones are more expensive, but then again I don't really have a clue about E30s.

Comment

If you come across a euro mtech steering wheel for an e36, let me know!

Comment

E30 Bumpers, New straight from the BMW dealer (prices might not be up to date, but they should be avaible):

Early

Front: about 390€ / 540$

Rear: about 520€ / 720$

Late:

Front: about 240€ / 330$ + 290€ / 400$ if you also need the bumper support and the crash dampers

Rear: about 260€ / 360$

Used they apparently go from about 70€ / 100$ to 100€ / 140$ and more, depending on condition and if they are early or late and painted or not.
                      Last edited by Dr.AK; 06-16-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                        If you come across a euro mtech steering wheel for an e36, let me know!
                        You mean like this?

There's a seller on german ebay that sells these with new leather for around 160€ / 223 $.

I expect used ones can be found for a bit less, likely around 100 bucks or something.

Comment

Thats the one!

If you find it for closer to $100 let me know!

Comment

What about a set of E30 Euro bumpers?
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Originally posted by aschroeder92 View Post
                              What about a set of E30 Euro bumpers?
                              Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              E30 Bumpers, New straight from the BMW dealer (prices might not be up to date, but they should be avaible):

Early

Front: about 390€ / 540$

Rear: about 520€ / 720$

Late:

Front: about 240€ / 330$ + 290€ / 400$ if you also need the bumper support and the crash dampers

Rear: about 260€ / 360$

Used they apparently go from about 70€ / 100$ to 100€ / 140$ and more, depending on condition and if they are early or late and painted or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X