X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks so sick on the Fuchs´s

Comment

Wow. Consider me jealous. <3

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

That's one sick and awesome ride, dude!

Comment

freaking awesome! love the fabrication and ingenuity it took to get it low! best B2 ever?!
          025garage

Comment

looks awesome dude.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee View Post
              Great work! Just curious, what shocks did you use for the front suspension?
              Hi Mikee, on the front they're essentially custom made by HAVAIR to suit the weird integrated hub and steering arm assembly. They machined the parts they needed from the original struts and then had custom shock tubes and piston rods made to suit the sigificantly shortened shocks.

Then it was all welded together, painted matt black and launched at the car. The ride quality is amazing considering how short they are and how low they go. Got about six inches of drop / raise altogether front and back.

Comment

Wow man, what a great find! You are one lucky guy. The car looks great! Might you upgrade to an 8 valve setup in the future?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                  Wow man, what a great find! You are one lucky guy. The car looks great! Might you upgrade to an 8 valve setup in the future?
                  Maybe... one day, who knows. It's been done on a really tight budget so far - around $2000 including the car, so for the time being I think I'm just gonna cruise around in the ol' nail.

I'd like to re-trim the seats in a tartan fabric, but I've gotta buy a sewing machine first

Comment

that think is sick.

Comment

Hi karmacarzi I was just pointed to this site from some friends over at PassatWorld.com (forums). I just recently picked up a 1983 Quantum (Passat) 2 door coupe, and was wondering what you did to get the Porsche wheels on (5x130 bolt pattern)? One of the pics here looks like it may be an adapter.

Out of all the aircooled & watercooled VW's I have had, this is one I know least about.

My plans for now, are to just get it running & driving properly as its going to be a daily (not much in the "MODing" dept.), but I do have a set of Porsche wheels (5x130) in mind that I want to throw on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, your car is simply stunning!
                      Last edited by JimmyPringles; 07-16-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Looks dope. Needs a little more width on the wheels though. Still love it anyways, just some constructive criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by laBeef View Post
                          Looks dope. Needs a little more width on the wheels though. Still love it anyways, just some constructive criticism.
                          Cheers for the good vibes people, much appreciated. Wider wheels definitely won't go on without seriously butchering the arches or flairing them. I had to switch from 20mm to 15mm adapters just stop the arches from scraping the polished lips as it was. The car sits about an inch over the wheel when the air is out of the system.

Jimmy Pringles - Yeah man, you're spot on. I know you're stateside but I guessing that firms over there also make 4x100 to 5x130 PCD adapters? If not I'm sure Richard at Venom Motorsport in the UK would be prepared to post internationally, he sells Concept wheels, Fk and H&R PCD adapters in various widths.

On a really positive note though, I took the car over to Holland recently and it only won a trophy for best Passat. I suspect the judges may have been wearing rose tinted shades, but it was massively appreciated none the less.

Comment

And here's my other car as well. Currently off the road awaiting a full repaint and new 2.0-litre 20v Rotrex supercharged motor - hopefully be ready by the end of this year, but that's what I said last year!

Last edited by karmacarzi; 07-17-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Cool cars.
                              Where did you buy the air suspension?
                              Representing Norway Group

Comment

badass ride!

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
                                DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

Working...
                                X