E36 guys... help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jardine View Post
    What mentality? I've been riding on these coilovers for a few weeks now, no problems. They ride fine, go low as hell, and didn't hurt the bank. I don't see anything wrong with them, and I can tell you for sure, I am not alone. The three year warranty is longer than the other companies offer too. Go tell Mike Burroughs that his mentality is killing the scene, because he has cut the springs on one of his E28's. If Rokkor sold their coilovers for $900+, you'd probably be here recommending them. No offence too, you have a ridiculous amount of posts on this site, and from what I recall, you have a nearly stock DC Integra. So you're probably the last to say what's "killing the scene". Correct me if I'm wrong...

Get your palm out of your face, and check out this guys car:

Let him know he should invest in coilovers worth 4 times more, because the Gods of Stanceworks said so. Yes, like me, he runs Rokkors. Enjoy your $1000+ suspension, because at the end of the day, both our cars are low Which is what I thought this site was all about...?
    You obviously have never ridden in a proper suspension set up.

Rokkors at that height is bloody fucking murder. I have personally ridden in a maxed out rokkor setup and there is no comparison. You might think it rides ok but I assure you the difference is laughably huge

On top of that if he runs rokkors out back he cut the springs which would multiply the shitty ride.
    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 06-09-2011, 09:55 PM.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      you obviously have never ridden on a proper suspension.

riding that low on rokkors is bloody murder when compared to a "legit" set up.
      I've driven on very good suspension before. And I'm pretty sure driving that low on ANY setup is "bloody murder".

Comment

Hell no.

My gc are shortened with smaller and stiffer springs, revalved and are compression and rebound adjustable. That's what you need to avoid the bloody murder part.

I **** to get all preachy on you and I couldn't care less about what you run on your car but don't try and compare rokkor to anything decent because at those heights they are terrible. I know from first hand experience
        Last edited by Jesus Christ; 06-09-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

ok I respect your opinion. But at the end of the day, no matter what suspension you're on, driving your car an inch off the road isn't good in anyway. Of course some will be better than others, but all I'm saying is for a quarter of the price, Rokkors DO NOT feel a quarter of the quality.

Comment

I agree that they perform well for the price but when the lip of my wheel is mm's away from my fender and frame rails are scraping on flat roads I need a specific ride quality which I know rokkor cannot provide. I mean look at that guys rear fenders. He must bang them all day

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              And that's the type of mentality that is killing this scene.

Word on the street says this guys killing (ruining) the scene.

Not sure if serious.

Comment

By "killing the scene", he means that buying shitty coilovers is taking sales away from good coilover companys. The companys that design the products in the first place. The ones that spend thousands testing them and coming up with the best rates, dampening and drops. If those companys aren't selling their coilovers because someone would rather save a few hundred on China products, whats going to make them want to keep making their well designed and tested products?

Its the same as with replica wheels. Or replica anything. It hurts sales of the good companys, and therefore hurts the scene. Not only that, but it introduces poorly designed products into the scene and kills it that way too.

Don't be a cheap ass, support the good guys. Would you buy powdered lemonade from a bottle from a kid for $.25 if the kid next door had homemade fresh squeezed lemonade for $1?

Comment

Kinda sucks that my car has become the basis of this shitty debate. I run Rokkors (for now) because like stated before they are cheap and not everyone has $1800 to throw at coilies straight up. I totally plan to upgrade to BC's when my pay goes up and i can afford to pay the rent on my house and afford to chuck money at the car.
                  I have absolutely no argument for Rokkors, they are shitty, they ride ok, they perform ok, but at the end of the day theyre rip offs. But for guys like me, they do the job for now, for basic cash.
                  I dont agree that cheap coils take sales away from guys like AST and BC at all, because, if people wanna buy their stuff, they do, I will be for damn sure. But for the guys that would only ever run Racelands or Rokkors etc, they buy them cos theyre cheap and would probably just cut/heat theyre springs if they werent on the market at all.
                  Its almost like the whole Rota/XXR argument but for a different aspect of the car. Its never gonna get solved cos kids arent gonna stop buying cheap wheels, just like they arent gunna stop buying cheap coils.

I think the more companies like AST improve their product, by bringing things out like the Zero Clearance, the more they diversify themselves from companies like Rokkor as they are producing a far superior product and people will always buy into that.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeStep View Post
                    Kinda sucks that my car has become the basis of this shitty debate. I run Rokkors (for now) because like stated before they are cheap and not everyone has $1800 to throw at coilies straight up. I totally plan to upgrade to BC's when my pay goes up and i can afford to pay the rent on my house and afford to chuck money at the car.
                    I have absolutely no argument for Rokkors, they are shitty, they ride ok, they perform ok, but at the end of the day theyre rip offs. But for guys like me, they do the job for now, for basic cash.
                    I dont agree that cheap coils take sales away from guys like AST and BC at all, because, if people wanna buy their stuff, they do, I will be for damn sure. But for the guys that would only ever run Racelands or Rokkors etc, they buy them cos theyre cheap and would probably just cut/heat theyre springs if they werent on the market at all.
                    Its almost like the whole Rota/XXR argument but for a different aspect of the car. Its never gonna get solved cos kids arent gonna stop buying cheap wheels, just like they arent gunna stop buying cheap coils.

I think the more companies like AST improve their product, by bringing things out like the Zero Clearance, the more they diversify themselves from companies like Rokkor as they are producing a far superior product and people will always buy into that.
                    Well stated.

i didnt mean to single you out, i like your car but that other dude threw it out as an argument for rokkors that was all wrong...

i gotta give you props for knowing whats up, typical guys on rokkors give a long and drawn out elitism speech and defend those coils like they are motons.
                    Last edited by Jesus Christ; 06-10-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

I can't believe this clusterfuck of a thread\debate is still going on
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Im 12 and what is this???

On a second thought, I wouldn't trust cheap coilovers on my car with my fenders and expensive lips sitting an inch away. That's why I went with the zc coils.
                        http://http://www.stanceworks.com/20...-cares-e36-m3/

http://ultimateklasse.com/2012/07/anthony-cares-e36-m3/

Comment

On a second thought, I wouldn't trust cheap coilovers on my car with my fenders and expensive lips sitting an inch away. That's why I went with the zc coils.
                          http://http://www.stanceworks.com/20...-cares-e36-m3/

http://ultimateklasse.com/2012/07/anthony-cares-e36-m3/

Comment

Originally posted by DopeStep View Post

This is exactly what I mean. Clearly I'd love to get well-made AST or BC coilovers, but the price is not in my range. If companies like Rokkor weren't arround, and all you could buy was $1000+ coilovers, my car would either be stock height, or on cut springs. Rokkors do the job for now.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                            Well stated.

i didnt mean to single you out, i like your car but that other dude threw it out as an argument for rokkors that was all wrong...

i gotta give you props for knowing whats up, typical guys on rokkors give a long and drawn out elitism speech and defend those coils like they are motons.
                            I never said don't buy good coilovers, Rokkors are better. I said for the price, it's a damn good bargain. Like I said, a quarter of the price, and definitely not a quarter of the quality. All I'm saying is for guys like me on a tight budget, Rokkor does the job for a damn low price. It's a pointless arguement anyway. If everyone could afford Zero Clearence, or similar expensive coilovers, we all would; but that's not the case.

Comment

Running PSS9s ... switching to zc soon... my 2cents

Comment

Originally posted by carebearM3 View Post

Do you find the front struts on the ZC coils to be "bouncy," in relation to the bump travel, say going over uneven pavement or roads with small dips? How low are you set on the front?

Comment

Working...
                                X