No announcement yet.

The Quest to Stance a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there are 17" steelies in volvo pcd. they come off the s80's i believe. but the lower you get the better the wheels look i think especially when running stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
      haha i thought this was my wagon for a lil bit till i saw the euro rails.
      what size tires you have in the front?

and it's not like bagged b3 passat wagon low. but still pretty awesome.
      well thats the thing. that car is static no bags at all

Comment

Heres some pics from last weekend at the Carlisle Import/Kit Car show in Pennsylvania.

Still gotta get that lip finished up (my dad threw away the side molds I had made... back to the start!)

I still need to find some smaller tires and pickup some spacers. I'm in between switching jobs so money isn't flowing as much as I hoped but that should change here shortly!

More coming soon once I get some more parts in... recently most of my money has been going to maintenance to make it run better and last me longer once it really gets low!

Oh yeah, and about 20 miles from home on the 660 mile roadtrip home this happened...

skidplate jarred itself loose with the older rusty hardware and was being held on by one bolt and I was forced to make a quick exit in downtown chicago to jack it up real quick and take the skidplate off.

Victory Shot!

Thats all for now Folks!
        -John

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Needs a t5m bumper

Comment

The T5M actually came with the same bumper as it on my car... either you're thinking of the 850R front bumper (which only fits 850's) or the V70R bumper... which many people do and I may in the future.

Comment

Damn I wish I picked up the s70 instead of a jeep haha. Looks good John. How do those coilovers ride?

Comment

Nice, can't wait to see it lower. God i wish they made coilovers for my 7
                no sig

Comment

Gonna have to go a lil lower son
                  sigpic

Comment

i like it, having a skid plate makes it have that much less clearance and can puncture your tank, just a thought

keep it up man!
                    Last edited by Dwob; 07-28-2011, 08:58 PM.
                    @DollaDollaDill

Comment

where are the updates broham?

Comment

Originally posted by sacrifice View Post
                        Damn I wish I picked up the s70 instead of a jeep haha. Looks good John. How do those coilovers ride?
                        They ride great actually. Drove from Chicago to Carlisle on full stiff (was harsh) but they're definitely nice.

Originally posted by volvo=win View Post
                        yeah, I just had that moment where I was like... aww fuck, this is my only option. I gotta do it!

Originally posted by Njdub View Post
                        Gonna have to go a lil lower son
                        Yeah, my shit's weak. I'm well aware.

Originally posted by Dwob View Post
                        i like it, having a skid plate makes it have that much less clearance and can puncture your tank, just a thought

keep it up man!
                        The skid plate actually doesn't kill the clearance. it kinda sits in a recess in the middle of the subframe. Doesn't hang down and in these cars the oil pan sits above the subframe so the skidplate is only because I got it cheap and that I feel a bit safer with it.

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                        where are the updates broham?
                        non existent. I've gotten fucked with multiple different sets of tires, currently have 205/40 on the front and the 215/50 on the back. Looks like shit, haha. I'm trying to figure out my front bumper situation and if I can do that soon It'll get a bit lower with the aid of some correct tires.

Still trying to decide what wheels to pursue. I have some C5 vette wheels but I'm not sure if I want to do them, trying to think of something a bit more unique.

Thanks for reminding me to check up here guys, getting some stuff here soon and hoping to have it dialed in all in time for winter.
                        -John

Comment

Small update here... since I haven't in forever... I got a decent rear bumper that matches the rest of the car and isn't spray paint. Now it's just a matter of getting a front bumper dialed in. I'm really starting to like the look of this car so I'm on the hunt for some winter tires so I don't bend the subframe like I did last winter...

Yes, I know, it needs to be lower... yes I know it needs spacers... but for now, I'm a broke college kid that has way too many hobbies and not enough money to effectively support all of them. I'm either going to rock these wheels this winter or possibly take the 16" steelies I have and paint them gloss white and rock those. It all depends on what size snow tires I can come across that will look decent and fit right.

Otherwise for now, the only difference is the small front tires (bought 4 that size, and 2 had pinholes in the sidewall... got ripped off on craigslist) and of course the custom 960 Lip, not the same one I had previously worked on, but for $12 and a few hours of my time I feel like it suits the vehicle quite well.

Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

Yes I know... I cheated, gotta rock that fake low when you're not actually low.
                          -John

Comment

That's a great looking car. Glad to see one of these getting down low.

Comment

Originally posted by macminter View Post
                              That's a great looking car. Glad to see one of these getting down low.
                              Glad to see someone painting their wheels ridiculous colors too! haha

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by volvo=win View Post
                                they do.

SUP JVC.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Working...
                                X