The Quest to Stance a Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quest to Stance a Volvo

Hey guys, just figured I'd start up a build thread since I'll be getting some coilovers in the next week, just waiting for them to get shipped to me. Here's what I have to work with and what I've done so far.

Here are some pics right after I picked it up. Paid $3500 Out the Door with 112k miles on it.

with my friends E36

Picked up some 16" V70R wheels for $80 with tires and spraybombed em Gold and rocked that look for a while.

Winter came along and I had some fun with the car. Threw the stock 17's from my old S80 on it with some newer tires. Also picked up a roof rack, tossed a basket I had on and wired up some Rally lights.

Smacked a curb and bent the control arm mounting location on the subframe.

traded the gold wheels for a new subframe that I picked up from a friend in Minneapolis and was back on the road.

It started to get warmer out and I again found some wheels on Craigslist but this time 17's from an XC90.

Don't have too many pictures of it's current state but I also scooped up an XC70 front eggcrate grille.

I picked up a E36 M3 Reiger GT lip that my buddy smashed into a few pieces and am in the process of fiberglassing it back together and extending the sides back to the wheel well. Hopefully it works out but it will surely be unique if I can get it to sit right.

Fixing some cracks.

That's where I'm at right now. I'm currently working to repaint the rear bumper and get all maintenance tied down before Carlisle Import Show the same weekend as SOWO.

I have a set of C5 Corvette wheels that I got from a buddy for a song and was thinking I might try to get those test fitting and see if I want to go through with that as my wheel of choice.

Heres some stuff I have coming up in the next week or two.

215/40-17 tires for the Neptune 6 spoke XC90 wheels.
    D2 Racing Coilovers (should have cleared customs today and will hopefully be in my hands by early next week).
    Order 25mm spacers for the back and roll front and rear fenders. (eventually some front spacers when money flows)
    Finish the front lip and re-paint front bumper.
    Install a new intake pipe that it just waiting on one more grommet from Volvo.

I hope you guys like it and I'll be hopefully updating this as often as I can without making this thread boring. I'm hoping to have this all dialed in this summer and will be trying to go to H20 if it's where I want it by then.

Thanks for looking!
    -John

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

nice cant wait to see were you take this
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

interesting

Comment

will be interesting to see how this turns out

Comment

get some 18" pegs

Comment

This car will never see Pegs... as good as they look 85% of the time... I just can't justify having them since over 50% of the people on VolvoSpeed seem to have them, I'd rather take a slightly different route...

I'm interested to see where this goes to also, there aren't many truly stanced Volvos and there are only a few that are really low. I'm hoping to make the Volvo scene a bit more open to stance, just like Mattphi has already started to do.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I just can't wait to get the coilovers on and see what else I need to do to get it sitting a bit better.
            -John

Comment

Sweet man, always wanted to see one of these stanced.
              Instagram: lowtege

Comment

Theres been a few... most known would be my buddy Matt aka Marr aka Mattphi

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Comment

love where this is going! that basket and rack was cool/had potential. do work show pics! like what your up too man keep us posted
                  11 CTS-V
                  03 Lightnng SOLD
                  2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
                  91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

booooohnerzzzzzzzzzzzzz. love this. im picking up a volvo wagon this weekend pretty stoked yours is going to be soooo so so sick. cant wait for more

Comment

Originally posted by JasonB View Post
                      love where this is going! that basket and rack was cool/had potential. do work show pics! like what your up too man keep us posted
                      For sure, definitely will. As I said I'm basically waiting to get the coilovers then the game will be on!

Originally posted by Volvosome View Post
                      booooohnerzzzzzzzzzzzzz. love this. im picking up a volvo wagon this weekend pretty stoked yours is going to be soooo so so sick. cant wait for more
                      Thanks man! I still have so many ideas! Ideally I want some played out RS or possibly some Benz Monoblock Aero II wheels... not sure if 17 or 18 will be the final fitment on this car but theres plenty of time to figure it out. I just want to have it decently fitted by mid summer so I can drive it to a few smaller shows in the area, Another Level Car Show, Midwest Treffen, maybe a HIN if its got anything nice and then potentially H20 this fall.

Comment

the shape of the rear fenders isn't the normal round shape, so this should be very interesting! can't wait to see it dropped...

Comment

Coilovers arrived today! Snapped some pics and hopefully they'll be going in early this next week sometime.

And they threw in some adjustable endlinks I didn't expect!

Hopefully I can knock out the new axle and hub early next week and get these bad boys on!

Comment

are those d2? i was thinking about picking up a set of those. tell me how they feel!

Comment

Originally posted by Okoye View Post
                              are those d2? i was thinking about picking up a set of those. tell me how they feel!
                              considering the camber plates say D2....

I have D2's on my conquest. They are awesome!

-Justin
                              1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Working...
                              X