19666 Ford Falcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19666 Ford Falcon

So, i've been holding back to starting this thread because, well the car really isn't stanced but I haven't really contributed nothing to this forum for a while so I'll go ahead and start the thread at least. I should be lowering the car soon (next couple of days?) then I will be either getting the wheels widened or getting some cheap dsr's or save for other wheels, idk yet.

So ya, the car sorta started out like this:

then did a disc brake conversion

also starting building a motor on the side to put in it at some point before I'm dead

then yadda yadda yadda here it is now

I've actually done a lot of modifications to it including custom radiator brackets and stuff like that and a grenade for a shifter handle and blah blah blah but I felt like this was enough for the first post. Once I lower it and get better pics I'll update with more specific info
    Instagram: danimal._
    Mercedes Build Thread
    Falcon Build Thread

looks like a great start, cant wait to see more
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

^ that. Looking forward to this build. Far from typical.

Nice work so far.

Cole

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
      yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

Comment

never seen a two door falcon before (only four doors down under), it looks cool!
        sigpic
        Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
        Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

sub'd

Comment

looking awsome so far!
            Representing Norway Group

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

k so some more info, it has the original 289 in it right now. It made 3xx hp and 5xx tq with a 150 shot of nitrous, um, I have it planned to paint it all black.

When we took off the vinyl top a lot of rust was actually hiding underneath it so we took care of that and painted it to where you see it in those cell phone pics

The original radiator had a side on it hanging off so we tried to braise it and we burnt a hole through it so I got a 3 core radiator from a junkyard that had similar inlets/outlets so I had it pressure/leak tested and it was good. Turns out that it's either a 60's chevelle or a 50's truck. It works pretty good, I have custom rubber mounts underneath from rubbing the frame then we made radiator mounts out of this metal stuff and it works really good, it came out really tight

We've also been welding quite a bit on the back near the rear window because it has a lot of rust back there.

So my car has always had trouble turning over idk why might have been cause I relocated the battery to the trunk so one of my recent purchases was this yellow top Optimum battery, you can see the nitrous bottle bracket right there next to it

and then here's a bad pic of that grenade shifter handle I was talking about, it's on a B&M pro shifter

let me know if some of these pics aren't working, I linked some of them from FB but I think I have them unlocked.

edit: and here's a pic of my tag
                Last edited by HWY HNTR; 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM.
                Mercedes Build Thread
                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                  So my car has always had trouble turning over idk why might have been cause I relocated the battery to the trunk so one of my recent purchases was this yellow top Optimum battery, you can see the nitrous bottle bracket right there next to it

]
                  you might need thicker power cable. that red stuff doesnt look quite hefty enough for a rear mounted battery in a v8? also make sure it takes the most direct route possible, to minimise the length. also, make sure you are getting a really good earth connection.
                  sigpic
                  Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

lowering it? i say leave it jacked. looks badass.
                    black it out and get some slicks, 427 crate motor, done deal.

Comment

HAWT!!!!! MORE UPDATES ASAP really nice project
                      11 CTS-V
                      03 Lightnng SOLD
                      2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
                      91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

I like where this going, looking forward to more updates.

Also. I know it's not the same year but still looks awesome just thought i'd share it with you. http://eurodragster.com/santapod/liv...ture=pic37.jpg
                        Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                        Internet high five for you.

Comment

Oh snap!
                          Car's from the future.
                          Originally posted by Oxer
                          I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

Update tiiimmmmme (;

us setting up getting ready to take jack the car in the air so we can get it closer to Earth

We may not be working on a merc, but we still using merc quality tools

That spring is waaaaaay too long lol

zrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!!!! (sound of the wiz wheel k?)

no words to describe it, just simply amazing

we're gonna try and lower the shackle kit tomorrow in the rear and i'll take some legit pics tomorrow hopefully
                            Mercedes Build Thread
                            Falcon Build Thread

Comment

this thing is gonna be sick...good work

Comment

Working...
                              X