Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 19666 Ford Falcon

Default 19666 Ford Falcon

So, i've been holding back to starting this thread because, well the car really isn't stanced but I haven't really contributed nothing to this forum for a while so I'll go ahead and start the thread at least. I should be lowering the car soon (next couple of days?) then I will be either getting the wheels widened or getting some cheap dsr's or save for other wheels, idk yet.

So ya, the car sorta started out like this:

then did a disc brake conversion

also starting building a motor on the side to put in it at some point before I'm dead

then yadda yadda yadda here it is now

I've actually done a lot of modifications to it including custom radiator brackets and stuff like that and a grenade for a shifter handle and blah blah blah but I felt like this was enough for the first post. Once I lower it and get better pics I'll update with more specific info

looks like a great start, cant wait to see more
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

^ that. Looking forward to this build. Far from typical.

Nice work so far.

Cole

Quote Originally Posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
    yeah it's got turbo and it looks decent stanced, but it's a fucking Neon, the survived-abortion of the 90's auto industry.

never seen a two door falcon before (only four doors down under), it looks cool!

Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

sub'd

looking awsome so far!

Awesome!

k so some more info, it has the original 289 in it right now. It made 3xx hp and 5xx tq with a 150 shot of nitrous, um, I have it planned to paint it all black.

When we took off the vinyl top a lot of rust was actually hiding underneath it so we took care of that and painted it to where you see it in those cell phone pics

The original radiator had a side on it hanging off so we tried to braise it and we burnt a hole through it so I got a 3 core radiator from a junkyard that had similar inlets/outlets so I had it pressure/leak tested and it was good. Turns out that it's either a 60's chevelle or a 50's truck. It works pretty good, I have custom rubber mounts underneath from rubbing the frame then we made radiator mounts out of this metal stuff and it works really good, it came out really tight

We've also been welding quite a bit on the back near the rear window because it has a lot of rust back there.

So my car has always had trouble turning over idk why might have been cause I relocated the battery to the trunk so one of my recent purchases was this yellow top Optimum battery, you can see the nitrous bottle bracket right there next to it

and then here's a bad pic of that grenade shifter handle I was talking about, it's on a B&M pro shifter

let me know if some of these pics aren't working, I linked some of them from FB but I think I have them unlocked.

edit: and here's a pic of my tag
    Last edited by HWY HNTR; 04-26-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HWY HNTR View Post
    So my car has always had trouble turning over idk why might have been cause I relocated the battery to the trunk so one of my recent purchases was this yellow top Optimum battery, you can see the nitrous bottle bracket right there next to it

]
    you might need thicker power cable. that red stuff doesnt look quite hefty enough for a rear mounted battery in a v8? also make sure it takes the most direct route possible, to minimise the length. also, make sure you are getting a really good earth connection.

Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

lowering it? i say leave it jacked. looks badass.
    black it out and get some slicks, 427 crate motor, done deal.

HAWT!!!!! MORE UPDATES ASAP really nice project
    11 CTS-V
    03 Lightnng SOLD
    2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
    91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

I like where this going, looking forward to more updates.

Also. I know it's not the same year but still looks awesome just thought i'd share it with you. http://eurodragster.com/santapod/liv...ture=pic37.jpg

Oh snap!
    Car's from the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Update tiiimmmmme (;

us setting up getting ready to take jack the car in the air so we can get it closer to Earth

We may not be working on a merc, but we still using merc quality tools

That spring is waaaaaay too long lol

zrrrreeeeeeeeee!!!!!! (sound of the wiz wheel k?)

no words to describe it, just simply amazing

we're gonna try and lower the shackle kit tomorrow in the rear and i'll take some legit pics tomorrow hopefully

this thing is gonna be sick...good work

...is that your trichevy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
    RT changes lives.

looks sik. does it scrub on full lock? why not just chuck lowering blocks in there? or is it already on blocks?

subscribed. keen to know about how it fouls etc on the front that low, cause id love my falcon to be that damn low

I've been following this thread, i like what i see so far! Good job man!

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Looking badass... To be honest I kinda hoped you were going to go the gasser route, but doesnt matter
    Quote Originally Posted by anth View Post
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

I like where this is going...

Looks awesome dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ratmog View Post
    ...is that your trichevy?
    at first I didn't know wat you meant, so I googled it and it's something about the chevy in the bg right? It's my roommate's 57 chevy Bel-air

Quote Originally Posted by 340i View Post
    looks sik. does it scrub on full lock? why not just chuck lowering blocks in there? or is it already on blocks?
    I dunno about full lock yet, lol, but I'm sure it'll rub prolly, and ya imma have to go to lowering blocks. BTW do you have any more info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Noi5eB0mb View Post
    I've been following this thread, i like what i see so far! Good job man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    Looking badass... To be honest I kinda hoped you were going to go the gasser route, but doesnt matter
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
    I like where this is going...
    thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by lowly-pirate View Post
    Looks awesome dude.
    arrgh, I remember ye from FG, saw your build thread, your car's coming along nicely too

so an update, I took off the shackle kit/ladder bars/traction bars and put the original ones back in, and, why I do think it lowered it a little, it didn't lower it enough lol. At first I wasn't gonna take a pic cause it looks sooo bad but I decided w/e haha. So here's a pic

so we were talking and I heard around from some people on the internet that you can either flip the leaf springs upside down? or you can use those blocks or w/e. So I mentioned them, and my roommates said that you can get those from like truck performance shops? So tomorrow I'm gonna go to the local 4x4 place (we have a bunch lol) and get some blocks and hopefully put them in. So tomorrow I should have the car level, maybe just a little higher in the back, and I'll take pics. If I have time I'll try to take some video and maybe do a burnout or something, idk we'll see.

oh my lord thats beautiful

im interested to see were you take this bro...