A Focus that most will **** anyways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G535 View Post
    Will look great with the smoked headlights on! Also nice work on the interior pieces, should have hit them with some clear imo
    It's got clear on it, it just didn't show up well in the pics. Trust me I love deep glossy paint and its got it. Thanks tho.

Originally posted by a3 german View Post
    I'm sorry, but I really dont like this car...

maybe with some new fresh wheels...
    Yes it needs wheels badly. Don't be sorry you don't like it, I love it and that is all that matters.

Originally posted by SimonF View Post
    Where's the stance?
    It hasn't been purchased yet

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

Any plans to get the SVT front bumper?

"Everything has potential."

Comment

only thing that bugs me on the car is behind the front grill seeing that white on the radiator support behind the grill... besides that, you know i dig the car, some nice wheels will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Any plans to get the SVT front bumper?
          I have one sitting in my garage as I type this. It has two cracks that need to be fixed and then painted. I hope to have that done by the middle of August.

Originally posted by Zx360 View Post
          only thing that bugs me on the car is behind the front grill seeing that white on the radiator support behind the grill... besides that, you know i dig the car, some nice wheels will be nice.
          I need to remake some custom covers that go from the grill to rad support. That will help hide the white back there. I already painted the nose of the rad support black.

Comment

So a little update. Still no moar lows or wheels as my wife and I are trying to buy a house right now. But I was able to pick up a few things to help the overall build move along. I got some new carpet for the inside finally. After 10 years of DD and kids it was pretty well shot. I also got black which is much nicer than the grey I had before. I also picked up a CF hood in trade for some painting on a friends car. It needed to be recleared and I did that. Then driving from NorCal to SoCal last weekend I put tape on the hood and the clear got effed. So it needs to be redone one more time.

100_0835 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Also the SVT bumper has not been started yet but will be soon.

100_0834 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

And here's one of my engine bay for now. I'm picking up a new battery tray to relocate it into the fender well soon too.

100_0781 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Comment

Nice Focus! I always thought that if done right they could look sick.

Comment

Its that time of the year again. Time to get some more projects out of the way.

What I got coming up/going on....

Repairing and shaving a SVT bumper
                euro fender markers because I'm shaving out the bumper ones
                fog turns installed in the SVT bumper
                Install a SVT sub/box/amp
                Build new carpet side pannels for trunk
                new trunk floor
                custom SRI intake
                Battery relocation
                tuck more wires
                paint transmission
                take my wifes wheels
                save for coils

Here's some of the welding I got done

And the front side ready to be filled and smoothed. I need to pick up some filler.

These are my wife's wheels (on her car)....

18x7.5" et37 215/35 They'll go on my car blue, but I want to paint them white to match my car. One of the tires blew out last month so I'm waiting on my buddy to get me the hook up. He works at a tire shop.

I'll get some more pictures this weekend. I got the sub installed and need to start working on the trunk.

Comment

I think the whole car will look a lot better if you ditch the hood... Not sure if you mentioned that and I missed it.
                  ///M 2.0
                  G60 POWAR... never forget

Comment

howd you separate the lights to get the chrome piece out? i'd like to do something like that with my focus' head lights..

1989 Volvo 240 turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jersh View Post
                      I think the whole car will look a lot better if you ditch the hood... Not sure if you mentioned that and I missed it.
                      Its not going anywhere. I love it. I always wanted one and it goes well with the CF trunk I know its not the style thats really in any more but eff it.

Originally posted by manbeard View Post
                      howd you separate the lights to get the chrome piece out? i'd like to do something like that with my focus' head lights..
                      Baked the lights in my oven. Bake em at 225* for about ten minutes then pry em apart. Then the chrome part unscrews and comes out.

Comment

I dig this.

Originally posted by Kielan
                        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

If you put your wifes wheels on your car leave them blue or at least dont paint them white.i think it will just be a little too much...just my 2 cents...i like where this is heading.i miss my old zx3, super fun cars

Comment

You car has that early-2000's grey-scale appearance, I think a crazy wheel color would set it of in the right direction. Overall, damn clean and simple. I'm noticing more Foci come out of the woodwork lately, and they're doing it proper. Keep it up.
                            - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

I can really respect your engine bay work and everything, really awesome. That first hood, I was like "yeah that's alright, I can deal with that" but the cf hood...I despise it. Focus more on getting it low and less on the (don't wanna be the one to say it, but) ricey parts. It'll look good on those other wheels with some spacers and low!
                              Balls Deep Squad.

Comment

I think quite the opposite. It appears to me that he's focusing on DE-ricing the car, which I'm all for. The painted interior pieces were worse than the hood, honestly. Regardless, I like it. Simply executed.
                                - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Working...
                                X